• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The New Power Surge Blog

You may have noticed on the menu (the yellow one) at the top of the board, it now says "Blogs."

The link isn't working just yet because we're in the process of configuring the new BLOG that's been added to the site as an extension of this message board.

You must be a registered member to create your own blog or to read them.

Please remember that the same Guidelines that govern the Power Surge message board and insta-chat also apply to the blogs.

Until it's completely configured, if you click on the link, you will get this message:

The error returned was:

You have no permission to view the Blogs

I'll let you know when it's ready to be used.

Please use this topic for any Q's & A's about the blogs. Also, the yellow "HELP" link next to "BLOGS" will open up the help area. If you click on Community Blog it will explain how to start and manage your own blog.

I would also suggest that you use your registered user name as the name of your blog -- and remember, as I always have cautioned you -- anyone can read your blog as they can read everything else on this board and the rest of the site, SO don't put in anything personal that you wouldn't want "out there" for anyone to see.

I'll be learning about how it works along with the rest of you. so we'll all be learning together.

Have fun with it :)

Dearest

Dearest,

Thanks so much for all you do for us and for Power Surge!!

Your something else...We're all so lucky....This sounds like fun!!...cant wait to play!!

((((((( Hugs))))))

Lynda

The blog is now open and the receiving line is ready to welcome members, but remember, you have to be a registered member of the Power Surge message board in order to read and/or create blogs.

Be sure to read the top blog - called "Blogging: Read This First."

You can get to the blog area by clicking on the Yellow word, Blogscolor> on the menu at the top of the board.

Have fun. Be creative, or just share whatever makes you comfortable

Happy blogging!

Dearest

Thank You Dearest for all you have done for so many women it has made such a difference of Hope just in my life alone, I dont think you realize the Blessing you have become in your unselfishness to make this website and ask for nothing in return, I do keep you and your lovely Mama and your brother in my daily prayers you must be an awesome person to know, Take care, and even though I havent a clue as to what a blog is I will read up and learn, a very grateful Tinkybug :)

Thanks Dearest!! Only just mastered Copy and Paste and colours and size are posing problems - so should see you in blog-land about ..... springtime 2008 LOL :rolleyes:

You're THE BEST and Love Mary's new name for you :D

Julie x

Thank you Dearest

....for doing even more work to make the already fantastic PS service even better (I didnt think that was possible???)

I have made so many friends and got so much support on line I can begin to tell you.......you have made that all possible

Life with out PS would be like prunes without custard!!! (strange analogy dont know where that one came from in my fog brain!!!)

Mele

Dearest, I'm so excited about this blog! Thank you so much for providing us with yet another way to communicate our feelings. I must echo what others before me have said regarding what Power Surge means to me. In the same vein of Mele's analogy (prunes without custard? :lol: ), I must say life without PS would be like pudding without the tapioca. :)

RedFox

Thanks Dearest!! Only just mastered Copy and Paste and colours and size are posing problems - so should see you in blog-land about ..... springtime 2008 LOL :rolleyes:

You're THE BEST and Love Mary's new name for you :D

Julie x

You're right, Julie - Dearest is the BEST... but I didn't give her that new name.

"Dearest Dances With Words" is the name that she calls her new blog :)

What a splendid idea!! I have never blogged before, so this is a whole new adventure for me. Looking forward to sharing with whatever comes to mind. :)

Thanks Dearest for thinking of everything and making this site wonderful in every way!! All of your hard work and efforts are greatly appreciated!!! :D

Hi ................. Believe it or not - and I know many of you wont! :rolleyes: - I managed to make a blog LMAO but ................ two people have posted a comment but it isnt showing up in the comments column ......what did I do wrong??

Many many thanks for this Dearest - I think its a GREAT idea - and I didnt think you could improve on perfection.

julie x

Dearest,

Thank you for the blogs-- I'm going to have a lot of fun with this :lol:

@}-;--'-----Cris

Hi ................. Believe it or not - and I know many of you wont! :rolleyes: - I managed to make a blog LMAO but ................ two people have posted a comment but it isnt showing up in the comments column ......what did I do wrong??

julie x

Julie, you didn't do anything wrong. In the number of comments area, the number is currently zero, so that's why there is nothing showing.

If someone said that they posted a comment but it isn't there, maybe they did something wrong - not you.

If you saw that you had comments but they aren't there now, that's a good question for tech support.

Did you set up your blog so that no one could comment, that it was read only?

Thanks so much Dearest for giving us the blogs

Yet another gift we have from you and this site...Ill never leave now :lol:

:wub: Lynda

Those of you who've created blogs with no messages in them -- go into your blog and click on the menu in the upper righthand corner of your blog. It should say Member Menu" You should see an option to "Add a message." (I see different things being the board administrator). Or, click on "Blog Controls." and My Blog and look on the left side of the screen for the various blog options.

You've gotten this far, but without messages, it's kind of like building a new house and not putting any furniture in it :blink:

Dearest

Many many thanks for this Dearest - I think its a GREAT idea - and I didnt think you could improve on perfection.

julie x

Julie my friend I was going to post a reply on your blog but it said that you would have to approve it before it appeared. It must be something in your blog settings. Maybe if you go into your control panel and see how you have things set. Oh and by the way...I am very proud of you for figuring out the blog so far LMAO :D

Thanks Cathy - just had a look and cant see that Im disallowing anything ?? But hey - thats no guarantee Im not LOL

I can read the messages Ive got its just not showing up in the comments column?? Anything more technical than 'shade' is a no hoper LMAO

Not sure if I have Mary but I dont think so :rolleyes:

Julie, the easiest way is to go into your Control Panel (less steps than going through your Blog). That's the one that in the row that says: My Blog ? My Controls ? View New Posts ? My Assistant ? 0 New Messages

On the left side, click on Your Blog Settings under Community Blog

Scroll to the very bottom and you'll see Approve comments posted on your blog? Use the little arrow at the right to change the default from Approve guests comments only to No approve. Then they'll show up.

You may have to manually approve any comments that have already been made, though.

Oh my Goodness! More to read! :blink: I'm gonna have to quit my job and stay home to read! :lol: Wonder how my boss would take that? :o

OKAY..............THANKS MARY!!........ Ive done it ...... send me a comment LOL then Ill know if Im a good student LMAO...................Mary why dont you live next door to me? - bet you can fix washing machines too LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :wub::wub::wub:

Julie xxxxxxxxxx