• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone, new here :D , I'm trying to send a Private Message to someone that is on my friend's list and the response i get is the following "You are not allowed to use the message feature on this board", What do i do????? THANKSSSS!!! :)

bfly36

I just tried to PM you as well, with no luck. When I PM you it says your PM's are disabled or something. When I was having trouble, it said I wasn't allowed to send messages, or something like that. What kind of error message are you getting?

Hope it works for you soon. I was really frustrated too!!

Mary

MaryME - I think due to a load of spambot trouble earlier in the year on the site, I believe certain things are disabled for new posters, the ability to send PMs being one of them. (It was confirmed this is the case by MaryO earlier in this thread - see posts 467/ 468) Once you have posted a certain number of times (I don't know how many) you should find you will be able to do this.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EveningPrimrose

guidelines for graphics on birthday threads...

Donna asked me about b/day graphics... I was going to start a new topic but for some reason I'm having probems .....

Here are some instructions that I hope you can understand.

Google a graphic site.... type in "birthday graphics" or somethng like that. A good one is www.glitter-graphics.com.... There is a little box half way down the page, it's a search box ---- type in "birthday greetings" When you've dont that, a whole list of greetings should pop up...... chose which graphic you like and then click on it..... It will then say "download image" (it's just underneath the graphic),.... click on it! .... when the image has downloaded, right click on it and click on "properties" - a little box should pop up on your screen ---- highlight the ADDRESS URL and click okay.

Go back to the reply on Power-Surge --- On the top of the page you will see 10 icons --- click on the one that says "insert image" You should see a message that pops up on the top of the page that says " This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scrited windows .....so click on it! A box should pop up -- click on " temporarily allow scripted windows" Then, click on the "insert image icon" again, Another window will pop up which says "explorer user prompt" You then enter the URL for the image -- and then click okay..... when you've done that --- click on preview ----- and your image should pop up ----

This is how I do it anyway ---

:)

Guest EveningPrimrose
guidelines for graphics on birthday threads...

Donna asked me about b/day graphics... I was going to start a new topic but for some reason I'm having probems .....

Here are some instructions that I hope you can understand.

Google a graphic site.... type in "birthday graphics" or somethng like that. A good one is www.glitter-graphics.com.... There is a little box half way down the page, it's a search box ---- type in "birthday greetings" When you've dont that, a whole list of greetings should pop up...... chose which graphic you like and then click on it..... It will then say "download image" (it's just underneath the graphic),.... click on it! .... when the image has downloaded, right click on it and click on "properties" - a little box should pop up on your screen ---- highlight the ADDRESS URL and click okay.

Go back to the reply on Power-Surge --- On the top of the page you will see 10 icons --- click on the one that says "insert image" You should see a message that pops up on the top of the page that says " This website is using a scripted window to ask you for information. If you trust this website, click here to allow scrited windows .....so click on it! A box should pop up -- click on " temporarily allow scripted windows" Then, click on the "insert image icon" again, Another window will pop up which says "explorer user prompt" You then enter the URL for the image -- and then click okay..... when you've done that --- click on preview ----- and your image should pop up ----

This is how I do it anyway ---

:)

Actually, I missed something out...... After you highlight the ADDRESS URL you need to copy it (I usually do that by clicking on (Ctrl and C on the keyboard) and then you press okay....

It looks complicated but really, it isn't! If you need more help give me a shout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was able to post a new blog post - it doesn't say anything except test but it's there: http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/inde...;showentry=2469

I see what it is - the blogs go up through 2009 so new ones default to 2006. I'm guessing this is a problem with the blog software itself and they'll have to do a fix for all sites that use it. Just a guess, though.

When that's fixed, you can go back to your "2006" entries and change the date

I was able to post a new blog post - it doesn't say anything except test but it's there: http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/inde...;showentry=2469

I see what it is - the blogs go up through 2009 so new ones default to 2006. I'm guessing this is a problem with the blog software itself and they'll have to do a fix for all sites that use it. Just a guess, though.

When that's fixed, you can go back to your "2006" entries and change the date

Hi Mary,

Was curious if anyone is working on the date problem in blog land. We've found a short time work around to keep our blogs current, but this won't last too long. I tried to change a date on a test entry that went to the 2006 date to a date right after the last entry and that didn't work for me, maybe I did something wrong. But for now we're changing the date and time stamp to just a few minutes later then our last entry right before we hit post to keep them current and in line with the other entries.

We've been wondering how long this may last; (don't mean to be a pain here.)...but we wanted to make sure no one forgot about us since not too many use the blogs.

jes

Hi Mary,

Was curious if anyone is working on the date problem in blog land. We've found a short time work around to keep our blogs current, but this won't last too long. I tried to change a date on a test entry that went to the 2006 date to a date right after the last entry and that didn't work for me, maybe I did something wrong. But for now we're changing the date and time stamp to just a few minutes later then our last entry right before we hit post to keep them current and in line with the other entries.

We've been wondering how long this may last; (don't mean to be a pain here.)...but we wanted to make sure no one forgot about us since not too many use the blogs.

jes

I am wondering the same thing.

Mary, do you have any info on this.....is this going to be able to be corrected soon?

We appreciate your time and efforts! The blogs mean a lot to us!

Thank you! Gardenbear

• 3 weeks later...

Hi...

Wondering why I can't PM or receive PM's. When I try I get an error that says something like I don't have the ability or am not allowed to PM.

Someone also tried to PM me and was told I couldn't receive them.

I have checked my profile page and I do have Personal Messages "allowed".

Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...
I have received several notifications of posts this morning, but when I click on them, although they take me to the threads the new posts are not showing and It seems as though some posts from yesterday are missing. Has anyone else noticed this today?

janet c

Hi Janet,

I suspect there was a bit of, yesterday on the "Coming to Terms with Ageing" never happened...nothing to see here folks....I'm not sure about if the same thing happened on the other threads though.

Cheers

Ankipanki

I have received several notifications of posts this morning, but when I click on them, although they take me to the threads the new posts are not showing and It seems as though some posts from yesterday are missing. Has anyone else noticed this today?

janet c

Hi Janet:

Yes - A lot of posts from various threads from yesterday are missing - have you noticed that of late Powersurge has been having a lot of board problems? like just a few days ago I couldn't log on for quite a while - this happens intermittently, but of late it has become quite common - do you think Dearest knows so she can alert the guys who manage the technical parts of the board

Have a great week

Dear lara,

just wish all the posts from yesterday could disappear. Don't like the feeling it gave me.

Hope you are having a great day.

mrs Buff

Dear Mrs. Buff:

Maybe your wish is coming true - I just checked that thread and all of the "angry" posts have disappeared, at least for now - I don't know if they will reappear when the system repairs itself - but sweet Mrs. Buff - don't feel bad about it - I admire how you stood up for your point of view - as all of us did - and maybe some of came across as being unkind - but I'm sure we were unaware of it - but your posts have made me more aware of "how words can come across to people in different ways" and from now onwards I will choose my words carefully - I don't like contention - just like you - but I prefer that than "backing down" - there are women on this thread that back down -

You too have a wonderful day - and no worries - we are all friends -

Love

Lara