• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Hello Dearest and everyone!

Alas, it is still not working! I cannot come directly here as usual. I have to go to google and type in "power-surge" menopause, then use the link for "message boards". Otherwise if I use my AOL, or my "Explorer", it says "page cannot be opened" error message. It has not been working for me in about 4 days now or so.

keep us posted.

Juliann

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.power-surge.com/misc/iliguxo/check.js

After a couple of days with no problems, this file came up again when I logged into PS as being infected with the Trojan.redirect again. Just thought I would let you know.

Hello Dearest and everyone!

Alas, it is still not working! I cannot come directly here as usual. I have to go to google and type in "power-surge" menopause, then use the link for "message boards". Otherwise if I use my AOL, or my "Explorer", it says "page cannot be opened" error message. It has not been working for me in about 4 days now or so.

keep us posted.

Juliann

Juliann, exactly how are you trying to get to the message board? Through your Favorite Places on AOL? Through a bookmark in Internet Explorer? If you could give me some more specific information it will help me figure out why you're getting an error message.

Please provide this information.

Thanks,

Dearest

I have done everything and I am still getting this same message too Juliann. I am still having to come in through google.

arla,

Exactly how are you trying to get to the message board? Through a bookmark in Internet Explorer? If you could give me some more specific information it will help me figure out why you're getting an error message.

Please provide this information.

Thanks,

Dearest

Just today when I typed in power-surge.com it told me that internet exprlorer was having a problem. When I type in powersurge in the google search bar it pulls up a techie site related to computer stuff. Anyone else having problems? What's up? I finally had to get here through the message boards in one of the search results.

http://www.power-surge.com/misc/iliguxo/check.js

After a couple of days with no problems, this file came up again when I logged into PS as being infected with the Trojan.redirect again. Just thought I would let you know.

Floater,

Thank you for posting that info and letting me know. That was one of the directories added by the hacker. I deleted it and just checked and found it was back again. I just contacted my hosting company and they deleted the directory via some means I can't access. I'll have to keep watching it.

If anyone clicks on that link NOW, it goes to Power Surge's error page - not a general error page on the Internet, but the error page on Power Surge which means that directory and file DO NOT EXIST ON MY SERVER.

****DEAREST NOTE: IN THE EVENT THIS DIRECTORY REAPPEARS ON THE SERVER, I RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE. CLICKING ON THE LINK ITSELF SHOULDN'T DO ANY DAMAGE. HOWEVER, IF YOU *DO* CLICK ON THE LINK, CLICK "CANCEL." DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, SAVE THE FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER.

Dearest frustrated

Just today when I typed in power-surge.com it told me that internet exprlorer was having a problem. When I type in powersurge in the google search bar it pulls up a techie site related to computer stuff. Anyone else having problems? What's up? I finally had to get here through the message boards in one of the search results.

Alisa,

When I type in power-surge.com in my browser's address window, it takes me directly to the main page of the Web site.

When I type in power-surge.com/php/forums in my browser's address window, it takes me directly to this board.

When I type in power-surge.com in google, here's what I get:

Product search results for power surge

Recoton SM6 6 ... $5.80 - Parts Express ...

Power Surge $13.34 - SchoolFundStore.com

Plastic Surge ... $5.50 - Ram Plus Computers, Inc.

See power surge results available through Google Checkout

1) Power Surge

A menopause community addressing menopause symptoms, menopause treatments and menopause support for women going through the transition from perimenopause to ...

http://www.power-surge.com/ - 62k - Cached - Similar pages

Message Boards -- About Your Hormones

34 Signs of Menopause -- Feeling Internal Shaking

Survival Tips -- Vaginal Dryness

Recommendations -- Educate Your Body

More results from power-surge.com ?

2) Menopause Newsletters - POWER SURGE Menopause Articles, FAQ's ...Menopause newsletters, articles, women's health issues.

http://www.power-surge.com/news.htm - 48k - Cached - Similar pages

3) PowerSurge :: Windows Shared Hosting, Linux Shared Hosting ...Powersurge offers business web hosting for windows shared hosting, linux shared hosting, and MS SQL hosting.

http://www.powersurge.com/ - 27k - Cached - Similar pages

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I type "powersurge" into google, I get the exact same results as the top 3 listed above

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last one of the top 3 IS a hosting company at http://www.powersurge.com (without the hypen), rather than http://www.power-surge.com, this site (with the hyphen).

Again, I strongly recommend anyone having these problems go into their browser and PURGE THEIR CACHE - which means, clean out your temporary Internet files, delete all your cookies, delete your history - the whole kit 'n kaboodle.

It may be the problems keep occurring for some people because they haven't purged their cache. If you're worried about deleting cookies, trust me, this is something you should do every day. If you're saving cookies because it helps you to get into a site without typing in a password, BEAR IN MIND THAT YOU'RE ALSO RETAINING ALL SORTS OF *SPYWARE* IN YOUR COOKIES.

Dearest

Hi Dearest,

I'm so sorry that you've had all of these problems especially when you work so hard on this site.

When I type power-surge.com in my browser's address window I get the message - Internet Explorer cannot open site power-surge.com operation aborted.

When I type power-surge.com/php/forums in my browser's address window it takes me directly to this board.

Is there something else I should be doing?

Arla.

I have had no problems-none-getting to the forums. I stay signed in 24/7 and I have it bookmarked in my Internet Explorer Favorites and I'm on here every morning and evening reading new posts. I wonder why some of you have problems and others don't??????

When I try to go to www.power-surge.com, I get a message saying that Internet Explorer can't open the page, and Operation Aborted.

When I went there before my previous post, there was a message on the home page saying that there had been a worm or somesuch, and that it was being worked on.

So maybe it's a problem just some of us are having? I have used that url for my bookmark for as long as I've been here. I've never had this kind of problem before.

I hope that helps. Thanks!

I just tried IE instead of my usual Firefox and www.power-surge.com - no problems here.

Strange stuff!

Dearest, I hope that these people finally go away. It seems like you've been plagued with hackers for far too long now :(

I am in the same boat as Arla and Greenie, I cannot get through by typing power-surge.com in my browser window, it will not open page.

I have to come in through google and click on message boards. At least I CAN get here somehow, lol.

Thanks for working on this, sorry for all the trouble.

Juliann

Dearest,

Just wanted to let you know that everything seems to be back to normal for me. I can now get onto the boards through IE.

It would be nice if this was the last of this type of problem for you. Arla.

The Quick links above, and those in the adjacent box are still not working for me. Does anybody else have this issue? All the other links on this page and other pages work just fine. If I scroll over the Quick links with my mouse, the URLs don't appear like with the other links. I've emptied my cache etc several times since I noticed this problem. I can pull down the Quick link box to get the full list, it's just the links themselves that don't work. Really Strange! I'm on IE7. I do get the error: "Done, but with errors on page" at the bottom of my screen when I load up the message board - I wonder if this is related?

Squiggle, I don't even see a Quick Links. Am I missing something?

Hi Greenie - It's at the very top of the PS page (in the middle, next to the PS Message Board Header). The box to the right of it that starts Meno Survival Tips doesn't work for me either.

Hi Squiggle and Greenie - have you tried another browser?

Firefox or Opera are quick to download and sometimes webpages load differently in these browsers. I'm using Firefox and have no problems.

Good luck!

Jonie

Okay, I can post in InstaChat with FireFox, but not with Internet Explorer. Anyone have ideas as to why?

Squiggle, okay now I see the Quick Links. I must be blind as a bat, LOL!

Jonie, thanks for the suggestion about using a different browser! I wonder why that makes a difference?

Hi Jonie,

I did load Firefox once (before I wiped my pc and started again), but I didn't like it. For one thing it created a completely separate bunch of file directories from IE7 that need to be emptied from time to time and I couldn't find an easy way of doing it. (Probably just me - I expect it's there somewhere). Anyway, with IE7, I just go tools, internet options, delete and all history, cache files etc etc can be easily deleted.

I am wondering whether active X has something to do with my problem and the errors on page message

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Squiggle and Greenie - have you tried another browser?

Firefox or Opera are quick to download and sometimes webpages load differently in these browsers. I'm using Firefox and have no problems.

Good luck!

Jonie

Thanks for posting that. I am using Firefox (which I called Foxfire on another thread, lol), and now everything is okay. On Internet Explorer, dates were off, my posts were missing, etc.

• 1 month later...

Could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong? When i tried to insert an image all i got were square boxes with a red crosses in my message. I am using (whatever image i want to put there (for example angel-5.gif) Also when i try to add color to my signature nothing happens. Please help! :mellow:

I have a question.....How do you use your own Avitar? I can only put in site ones. Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...
I have a question.....How do you use your own Avitar? I can only put in site ones. Thanks for your help

The way the board is set up, you cannot upload or link to your own avatar. You have to choose one from one of the three galleries. The main gallery features cartoon images that are mostly from Card Captors and Final Fantasy. They are a few others and some art pieces mixed in. Then there is the IPB community pack and the smiley avatars. I chose an airplane because cartoons, sugar sweet things and animals just are not my cup of tea.