Hi Isla, and welcome to Power Surge.

To familiarize yourself with the rest of this site, I would recommend that you go to the Quick Links drop down menu at the top of each page.  Then you can click on any of those subjects like "Meet Dearest", or Educate Your Body--and a number of other wonderful pages of information.

As far as the Message Boards go, there really is no "order" in which to navigate through them.  You just select a board that interests you, and click on any of the topics (threads) on that board.

I hope this helps some, but if not, just ask your questions under a topic that is closest to what you want to know.  Again, welcome to PS.

Debbi

ANyone know how I can change my usersname? Or do I have to register a new account?

TIA

fb186

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This isn't so much a problem as a question. Whenever I try to change font size or color I click on the codes but when I post my reply the effects never appear, just the codes on the top of the post. How do I get it to work?

Thanks, Donna

This isn't so much a problem as a question. Whenever I try to change font size or color I click on the codes but when I post my reply the effects never appear, just the codes on the top of the post. How do I get it to work?

Thanks, Donna

Donna - try highlighting the text that you want to change first with your mouse - it should then work :) (NB You have to rehighlight the same text if you want to do more than one thing to it like font size and colour)

• 1 month later...
I don't know where to ask about this, but the "Last Post" column on the main page of the boards (I know I'm not saying that right--I'm not very computer literate) does not show the last post. Sometimes it shows the post from a thread 3 or 4 down from the last thread. Not every topic, but many of them. Maybe this has already been addressed, if it has, sorry.

Where do you see that? Any specific boards?

Dearest has added several Important Topics to many areas and those don't count in the latest post counts but it makes it look like the newest post is a little further down the page.

The Cholesterol board is one example - http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/index.php?showforum=23

It looks like the newest post is 7th from the top but it isn't, really :)

Where do you see that? Any specific boards?

Dearest has added several Important Topics to many areas and those don't count in the latest post counts but it makes it look like the newest post is a little further down the page.

The Cholesterol board is one example - http://www.power-surge.com/php/forums/index.php?showforum=23

It looks like the newest post is 7th from the top but it isn't, really :)

No, nothing to do with "Important Topics," just the regular, member topics that were posed, and they show on the main board as the last topic and who posted last on it. But they are correct now, so maybe it was a short problem. Most of the ones I saw were off completely, and my new post "at the time" did not show as newest. But it has been fixed, anyway.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

MaryO, same problem with some of the threads. On General Issues, non-menopausal, I posted on Heartburn and Ativan, but the main board shows that chocolatewoman posted last on Feb. 29. It should say DesRothchild, Mar 3.

I just see it occasionally on some threads--only problem would be that we don't see that something new has been posted.

Anyway, maybe it is just slow to catch up?

I see your post as the most current:

Today, 08:56 PM

In: heartburn and ativan

By: DesRothchild

I suppose they are taking a while to show up, as I mentioned earlier. Just a few minutes ago, I posted about severe fatigue in Other Health Issues and it does not show up right now as the last thread. But it does show up (twice) in my profile as what I've posted. I'll just check back later.

Thanks MO.

I just wanted to mention that I still can't get Power Surge's main web site home page. I used to get to the boards from there. I know there was a virus/worm problem a few days ago, so I'm sure someone's working on it. Thanks! :)

Hi again,

With the links above not working, as I mentioned yesterday, I tried to google power surge gallery to find a way in instead. I came up with the address: www.power-surge.com/gallery/psgallery.htm and when I clicked on it, my antivirus told me a virus had been detected and removed. I clicked on it a couple more times and got the same thing each time. The virus it detected was trojan.js.redirector.f. Thought I should let you know. The gallery address seemed valid as this was the google result:

Power Surge Gallery of MembersWarner, --- Weight-Loss expert, --- Anxiety-Panic Expert, --- Intimacy Expert, --- Relationship Expert, MISCELLANEOUS: Power Surge Gallery, NY Times Health ...

www.power-surge.com/gallery/psgallery.htm - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

I just wanted to mention that I still can't get Power Surge's main web site home page. I used to get to the boards from there. I know there was a virus/worm problem a few days ago, so I'm sure someone's working on it. Thanks! :)

greenie,

I haven't had any problems getting to Power Surge's main page on the site at www.power-surge.com

There is no virus. Power Surge runs virus checks on a regular basis. The only place a virus could come from is

from those uploading images (which is why I prohibited it for so long) without first running a virus scan on their

own computers.

Virus scans have been done on the site and on the board. I have no idea why anyone should have any problem

getting to the main site.

Are you getting any messages? If so, what do they say? It would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dearest

Hi again,

With the links above not working, as I mentioned yesterday, I tried to google power surge gallery to find a way in instead. I came up with the address: www.power-surge.com/gallery/psgallery.htm and when I clicked on it, my antivirus told me a virus had been detected and removed. I clicked on it a couple more times and got the same thing each time. The virus it detected was trojan.js.redirector.f. Thought I should let you know. The gallery address seemed valid as this was the google result:

Power Surge Gallery of MembersWarner, --- Weight-Loss expert, --- Anxiety-Panic Expert, --- Intimacy Expert, --- Relationship Expert, MISCELLANEOUS: Power Surge Gallery, NY Times Health ...

www.power-surge.com/gallery/psgallery.htm - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

squiggle, thanks for that information. I remember about two months ago some hacker managed to get into the server and mess up some files and everything in google relating to Power Surge went to some strange site. However, we fixed that problem.

I don't understand why these hackers can't find something USEFUL to do with their lives!

I'll look into this error message. Thanks again.

Dearest

Just wanted to let you know that I have tried for the past 3 days and could not get through to our site. I found a way through google, have no idea how I did it, but there definately is a problem. I've tried both my AOL and Explorer, neither will work to get here.

My screen just says, cannot open page, operation aborted!

Hope this helps.

Juliann

http://www.power-surge.com/misc/iliguxo/check.js

Dearest...the above file keeps coming up as infected with the same trojan as listed above. It has been showing as infected for a week or so. I hope that helps you get to the bottom of the problems. I really hate hackers. As far as I am concerned they are the vandals of the cyber world! I hope you can get it fixed quickly and without too much trouble.

I'm not having any trouble with the links on this page, getting into the gallery or http://www.power-surge.com/

No error messages, no problems of any kind.

I'm using FireFox as my browser.

That link that Floater posted looks like trouble, though.

Seems like PS has been plagued with too many hackers over the years :(

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that the links within the "Power Surge Quick links" box at the top of the page and the other links box to the RHS of that don't appear to be working. Not sure if this is a known problem :)

squiggle,

My "Power Surge Quick Links" are working fine and so are the links to the articles on the right.

Dearest

I found the problem. This was part of the work of a hacker a month ago. I thought most of the files (I have no idea HOW he put them up on the server) were removed. I just deleted a directory he put up. It makes certain areas of the site go to a different site. It's gone now. I hope that's the end of the error messages, but who knows where he put all these nasty files.

CAN THOSE OF YOU WHO HAD THESE PROBLEMS PLEASE TRY AGAIN AND REPORT WHETHER YOU'RE STILL GETTING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGES OR WARNINGS.

ALSO, BE SURE TO PURGE YOUR CACHE - CLEAN OUT TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES, COOKIES AND HISTORY BEFORE COMING BACK TO THE SITE. THANKS.

I wish these hackers would get lives.

Dearest

P.S. I'd also recommend that you reboot your computers, close all programs and run a virus check on your computers. You should do so on a regular basis anyway - and run a spyware check as well.

Thank you so much Dearest - the virus-encrypted link that I found through Google now goes to a "board may be down for maintenance" page, so it is now safe. :)

I repurged my cache and reran my antivirus just now (I do these often anyway) but the links in the Quick Link and adjacent box still don't appear to be working for me. The row of links below them starting "Enter the Power Surge Website" and "Blogs, Live chat" etc all works fine and I can access all links on the main Welcome page too, without a problem. I use IE7, if that's relevant.

With the Quick Links box, I can pull down the menu, no problem, but the links just appear to be "dead" on my computer. If I scroll my mouse (without clicking) over the working links below these boxes, I get their URLs, however, for the "dead" links no URL appears.

The weird thing is, contrary to others experiences, I had no problem getting on the main page yesterday.

Could someone please tell me how you can change your account user name? I see where you can change your password, but I am having trouble finding where I can change the account user name. Thanks, Connie

Dear Cakh

In order to change your user name you need to send a PM to Dearest....Requesting the name change.

:) Dottie :)