• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Please Delete Old Personal Messages (PM's)

The PM - Personal Messenger is a special feature the Power Surge Mesage Board offers to registered members. It's similar to a mini mailbox, but it has to be maintained and cleaned out just as you do your E.mail. When you don't clean out your personal messages it causes an overload on the database and server and creates the potential for board problems. This is already happening.

Please DELETE ALL messages (incoming AND outgoing) you don't need in your PM boxes or they will be automatically DELETED by the board.

It's very simple to delete messages. You can click on the "new messages" link on the menu at the top right of every page. Put a check mark in the boxes next to the messages you don't need, scroll to the bottom of your messages and click on the "Delete" button. Do this in your "Incoming" and "Outgoing" PM Messages.

So, please take a look and see which messages you don't need and delete them as soon as possible. Those you wish to keep you can also save to your hard drive by copying and pasting the messages into an editor and saving them.

Thank you.

Hi Dearest! Hope you're feeling well, all things considered. I am a good little tootercat. I have cleaned up "my room" as requested. Thanks again for all of the love and effort you have put into this site aka Meno refuge.

Hugs,

Pam

The PM - Personal Messenger is a special feature the Power Surge Mesage Board offers to registered members. It's similar to a mini mailbox, but it has to be maintained and cleaned out just as you do your E.mail. When you don't clean out your personal messages it causes an overload on the database and server and creates the potential for board problems. This is already happening.

Please DELETE ALL messages (incoming AND outgoing) you don't need in your PM boxes or they will be automatically DELETED by the board.

It's very simple to delete messages. You can click on the "new messages" link on the menu at the top right of every page. Put a check mark in the boxes next to the messages you don't need, scroll to the bottom of your messages and click on the "Delete" button. Do this in your "Incoming" and "Outgoing" PM Messages.

So, please take a look and see which messages you don't need and delete them as soon as possible. Those you wish to keep you can also save to your hard drive by copying and pasting the messages into an editor and saving them.

Thank you.

Hi Dearest,

I went through my box and deleted PMs. I had been keeping them so that I would remember who I had talked to by PM and how to contact them again. Is there a way to keep track of people on the site? Is that what the friend?s area is for? I have not added any people as a friend because I really do not understand how we are supposed to use all these features. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Kathy