• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Ok...I did it...I changed my avatar from that dopey, sad-faced chick to a little witchy-looking little princessy thing.. I have Linderful to thank for this....a week or so ago, I was really feeling blue, and she remarked how "forlorn" my avatar looked. I never even thought about it when I picked it, but she was right!!! The more I looked at it, I said to myself, "why did I pick HER to represent me???"

Hey girls, maybe I'm making progess....

Hi RoundRobin;

I like your new Avatar. Mother Nature with an attitude!!!! Looks good on ya !

Linderful

What I wanna know is if there's a way we can upload our own avatars?

I would like to know that as well. Especially seeing as so many different types of files are tolerated, like jpeg etc...

Linderful

Dearest posted this message here: Board / Site, Chat Room Info, Questions, Problems

Laurie,

You didn't do anything wrong re uploading a picture. I simply don't allow uploading of personal images/avatars because, 1) There's always the danger of a virus and 2) I don't know where the images come from and am concerned about copyright infringement.

Neither means that a virus or copyright infringement would be intentional on the part of the member. However, if I allow one member to upload pictures, anyone who signs up for the board will be able to do it and we've had some problems with hackers signing up for the boards and creating havoc.

Ya know i never thought of it that way...but I can completly understand it...thanks for answering the question

lindeful:  just wondering....do you like Janis Joplin?

Yes; I do like Janice Joplin. I loved her raspy, get in your face kind of voice and the raw elements of her lyrics and performances. I must admit that I don't know all of Janice's work, but what I have heard, thrills me.

Linderful

QUOTE(RoundRobin @ Dec 28 2005, 10:10 PM)

lindeful: just wondering....do you like Janis Joplin?

Yes; I do like Janice Joplin. I loved her raspy, get in your face kind of voice and the raw elements of her lyrics and performances. I must admit that I don't know all of Janice's work, but what I have heard, thrills me.

Linderful

I also really like Cat Stevens, Renaissance, Neil Young, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Spirit, Harmonium, 10CC, Al Stewart, Roxy Music, Joanie Mitchell, Seal, Lighthouse Family, The BEATLES (of course) and in Classical Music, I like Khacheturnian, Mozart, Handel, Arvo Part, Beethoven, and Chopin. When in comes to Christmas music, I like only the Sacred music. The Secular stuff of Jingle bells et al, I can happily leave unheard. I like the Sacred music because I have sung in choirs pretty much my whole life except for the last 4 years when I gave up singing due to my being too unpredictable and unreliable to the choir.

Talk to you later.

Linderful (Linda)

Hey linderful: Sorry I didn't respond earlier...I just got back from the ER...I sliced open my finger cutting onions....had to get a tetanus shot! Now I can barely type---back to the old hunt and peck.

We have similar tastes in music. Janis is my all time favorite...I have everything she ever recorded; even some bootlegs that I got from a trading group in Canada (2 guys who had old reel-to-reel concert footage and tranferred it to disk.) I started listening to her in my thirties, although I remember seeing her on the Ed Sullivan show when I was eight. I can't remember clearly when she died...it was so close to Jimi Hendrix's death (3 weeks after.) She would have been 63 this January 19th.

There is a play touring the States called "love, Janis", after a book her sister published with all the letters Janis wrote while on the road. I saw it three years ago in New York City. It was incredible....like being transported back in time...

If you google her name, you'll find her website----very cool...

Well, gotta run...finger is starting to throb!!!!

Peace,

RR

I would like to have an avatar of an Oak tree, not just the leaf. I am Oak Leaf. Could you add a nice looking tree to your gallery? Even a cute one with a smiley face would be nice.

The anime ones just are not my thing. The GPB comunity pack was too simple for my tastes.

I love my new heart.

Patrice

I'll keep watching those avatars. New ones up keep popping up. Maybe a even more complete tree will eventually turn up.

There is one small bug that has turned up. My computer keeps blocking some kind of pop up.

I think I like my new look!!!!The new avatars are cool!!! B)

Cris :)

Very cool! Reminds me of the time I spent in Arizona with my mom last summer!

Thanks for the new ones! Nice to change it up now and again. :D

So glad you like the additional avatars.

Anyone who wants to change her/his avatar can do so by simply clicking on My Controls on the menu at the top of the board. Then, on the left side under Personal Profile, click on Edit Avatar Settomgs. Use the drop-down menu to look through the various libraries.

Dearest

Reading the posts are even more enjoyable with the new avatars and new bright colours. Thanks.

Thank you, Dearest for the new avatars!! Sometimes, it's hard to choose one that goes with my name but this one, I think, looks like love and it looks light-hearted enough to go with the 'laff' part. Thank you! Cool!!

Thank you so much Dearest!!

It just keeps getting better and better here at power surge....If that's possible :)

Love,

Lynda

Thank you so much Dearest!!

It just keeps getting better and better here at power surge....If that's possible :)

Love,

Lynda

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find it. How can you tell if an avatar is already being used? I wanna play too!!!!! Thanks Dearest!!! You're the best!!!!!!!! Shelley

Shelley, you already have an avatar so you're "playing".

Certainly some people will have to use the same avatars as others. I'm sure that there isn't space to store over 23,000 images on this server so that everyone could have a private avatar.

Change and choices are always nice, though. Thanks, Dearest for always updating the site and adding new features :)

Shelley, you already have an avatar so you're "playing".

Certainly some people will have to use the same avatars as others. I'm sure that there isn't space to store over 23,000 images on this server so that everyone could have a private avatar.

Change and choices are always nice, though. Thanks, Dearest for always updating the site and adding new features :)

I just figured out how to bring avatars up. For some reason my computer wouldn't show the actual avatars. Had friend re-do my old home page and download newer program. Now I can see avatars. Thats why I was sooo confused.(Even more than usual!!!) Thanks for your quick response and have a wonderful day!!!!!! Shelley

Hey sberz69......what program did your friend update for you? I can't see all the avatars either with my computer. Even when I view the gallery, only a small portion show up for me.

Thanks! :)

Hey sberz69......what program did your friend update for you? I can't see all the avatars either with my computer. Even when I view the gallery, only a small portion show up for me.

Thanks! :)

That was why I was soooooooo confused, I thought it was a guessing game on what you got. Of course I knew better than that , But I am computer DUMB!!!!!! Anyway it's called Mozilla Firefox. I don't know how he got me on it. So if you can't figure it out let me know, he will be here at work Friday and I"ll get the "how to" from him. Good luck and let me know what happens. Shelley