Well I thought I’d been through it all with PM but I have a new symptom. Breast tenderness. It’s really freaking me out. I’ve had a ropey feeling thing in my right breast for about three years or at least that’s when I first noticed it. It seems to swell and deflate with my cycles. This cycle it is inflamed, hurts, as do my ribs on that side. My nipples are also extremely sensitive and I have blue veins erupting all over my freaking body!!! What the??? Went to my GP and she again offered Xanax and did a thorough breast exam as I refuse to get a mammogram. She didn’t feel anything funky and didn’t seem concerned about the ropey thing. To calm me though, she did order a breast ultrasound which is this Wednesday and my anxiety is through the roof just thinking about it. I don’t think I can do this you guys. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Like 1

The is something called non-cyclical breast pain, which if I remember rightly is not caused by hormones. 

I had a strange pain/ discomfort in one breast. The doctor suggested take vitamin E and evening primrose oil, but she did not mentioned the dosage. Mine went within weeks  of starting only one of these vitamins. (It might eventually  gone by itself even without taking the vitamin.)

Breast pain can also be caused by stress and anxiety.

Edited by Mojopearl

I’ve experienced this as well. I have dense breasts and they’ve always been sore and tender before I menstruate and at the first stages of pregnancy. I try to watch my caffeine intake as that makes them worse. I’ve also been told about vitamin e and primrose oil to alleviate the pain. 

During pm, I’ve experienced different soreness, sometimes in one spot or one breast, sometimes just around both nipples. My mammograms have all come back clear and the soreness in all its forms has come and gone with no rhyme or reason. It’s aggravating and disconcerting, but I can’t help but think it’s all hormone-related. 

Hello CConard, I'm wondering how your ultra sound went. I experienced only minor breast tenderness through pm and beyond. What I want to share with you today is how many odd symptoms I experienced and was so "freaked out" about that turned out to be just my bodies response oestrogen withdrawal and hormone imbalance. It's been quite a trip. You are doing the right thing, get your concerns checked out and try to breathe deep and relax. It was so helpful for me to be in touch with other women who have had similar experiences. If you can find something that will help you stay calm, you will have an easier time. My Dr wanted to put me on anti depressants (?, something mood altering), but that didn't feel right for me, so I struggled through on my own. Keep reaching out, there are millions of us sisters out here. Take care Missy!