• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Dearest

The Place To Start Your Day #2

It is with great sadness that I must tell you that our dear friend, Kalanie - Vickie - left us yesterday afternoon -- Friday, Jan. 10 at 5 PM.

Please share your thoughts by clicking here for the "Sending Prayers for Vickie topic.

Dearest

Came to the computer today thinking well let's see what's happening with the girls, then read Dearests sad news. It suddenly hit me hard how much all of you have come to mean to me on a daily basis, you aren't just letters on a screen you're the people that I open up and share my feelings with, you're there for me and everyone else that feels like talking. I really felt the need to tell all of you how much your kindness has meant to me , it is a sad day because we lost Vickie but it also let me know what I had found in all of you. ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Love to all, ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? GG

Hi Ladies,        Well said GG!  There is so much deep sharing here and Vickie certainly was great at sharing with others.  We are going to miss her.  She invested so much of herself and her time into PS, she'd expect us to keep sharing.          Jennimarie,   Well, now we can tell you we are thinking about you 'Monday' as you are off to the drs.  Please try to put the negative thoughts out of your mind.  That is wonderful your husband has gained 16 lbs.  He must be have a super wife taking care of him!!!   Weight gain in a cancer survivor has to be one of the most positive signs possible.         Pauline, sounds like the new bra is not a proper fit either.   No wonder 60s clothes are coming back, the babyboomers will all be burning their bras soon cause we can't find the right fits.   LOL          Suseyq,  I do know what a snow rake is.   Fortunately, we don't need one cause our roof is very steep and winter has been gentle to us so far.          Beth,    Across the pond, we are also cold here.  The windchill is much below the thermometer because of the winds.             Tex,    We're waiting for an update on all that's happened the past few days for you.              Take care friends!!!!!!!!!            ~Helen

Yes, CG. ?Thank you. ?

? ? Its hard to articulate the sadness we all must feel. ?I cried and struggled with a few words that just didn't seem adequate. ? ? ? ?

? ? For those of you who would like to contact me beyond the board, I am always happy to be here for you. ?My e-mail is jrssong@aol.com. ?Feel free to drop me a line. ?I will always try to be here, but if I'm ever "lost", that's where I can be found.

? ? Jenni, keep us posted on your treatment - and you are not boring :) You are in my prayers. ? ? ? Tex, how did the court date go? ?And the apartment? ?When do you get to go back to Texas?

? ? Special greetings to our British ladies. ?My mom is from Southampton originally, and I so enjoy ?hearing your stories about boxing day. ?She has such fond memories ot tea time and special holidays with her family. ?She's still trying to teach me how to make a "proper" cup of tea. ? I may never learn, LOL, but its wonderful to get to have a cup with her :)

Thank you, all of you for being here! ?When I sit at my computer with you, I feel as if I am going to someone's home where I am always safe and welcome. ?You can come to my "room" anytime! ?

God Bless All of You - (((hugs))) ?JR

I had to come back here this afternoon.  Heard the sad news about Vickie this am.  I always check my e-mail for the notifications of posts.  I connect so to you all.  I am feeling so sad about this.  I know there is a reason for everything that happens here, I know that.  It is just so shocking when this happens so suddenly.  

JR, GG, Helen and all, I do feel so close to you.  I hope we can continue to help each other.

There's a new Insta-Chat at the bottom of every page of the message boards. It's a good way to vent your feelings about Vickie. You can check to see who's there at any given time no matter what board you're on and always have someone to chat with live.

It's especially helpful today.

Dearest

Thanks, Dearest.  It's so helpful to have others to talk with "live" right now  It helps me feel less alone, and able to share the sadness with others.

Just wanted to say ?good morning to everyone. Vickie was not a friend of mine, I didn't know her well, but an event like this leaves us all feeling sad.When my close friend died last year, suddenly and horribly, for me to communicate with others who knew and loved her, both her family, and other friends, was a life saver for me. I hope all of you who were Vickies friends can find some comfort from each other. You never truly 'lose' a friend by death, I still feel my friend Lynne is with me in some way.Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.Love,

Hi alljust like to say that even though I did not know Kalanie that well. when reading boards you feel like you know people. So it's with great sadness the news i heard today and i send my kind thoughts  to her husband and family and may they cope at such a difficult time.Since finding ps i love to come on and see how everyone is and what happening in there live's.

Take carePauline

Aloha Dear Friends,

I've been away for a while, now I'm at a loss for words.

Such sad and sudden news.  Vickie was one of the first to welcome me to the boards.  

You all have become part of my "family".   Even though I havent been posting for a week or so, theres not a day that has gone by that I havent thought of you all.

I'm working the Mercedes Championship today, so I cant stay and write more.

I'll check back in later.

warm, loving alohas to you allLolly

Lolly, Lolly!!!

? ? ? ?Welcome home kiddo! ?We all missed you and our little 'visits' to your place down there in the sunny Pacific!

? ? Things are getting exciting up this way. ?I'll keep you all posted. ?In the meantime, have missed my V8 for a few days and am feeling it, so will get back at it today. ?Also, read an interesting article over the weekend on the medicinal value of vinegar. ?I wonder if its the vinegar content in the V8 that's mellowing me out? ?Whatever, I'm still in there swinging.

? ? ? Special hugs today for Dearest, MaryO and those of you who were close to Kalani. ?You have been there for us. ?Let us know how we can be there for you?

? ? The sun is shining on the Ohio today which always makes my world a little brighter and my spirits sunnier. ?Heading out to soak up some sunshine! ?

Warm regards and BIG Hugs :) ?JR

Aloha!

Thanks so much for the nice welcome back JR!  I've missed you guys!  

I really need to try that V8!  I do like it!  Worth a try.

Well, Im home in bed with the flu.  Havent felt this sick in a long time.  Ugh.

Have to go to the other side of the island later today to notarize a loan package.  I committed to it last week, so I cant back out now.  Would really love to just stay in bed!

Glad the sun is shining on ya in O-Hi-O!

Weather here has been kinda like winter.  Its cooled down quite a bit.  Ya need a sweater in the morning!   Oh MY!   And I even put socks on the other evening.  hehe  Must be in the 60's!!!!!!  Brrrrrrr   (ok, ill stop)

I am going to try to log on for the service tonight.  That is 4 pm my time.  I dont know if I'll be back yet.  I hope so!

Take care dear friends!

warm alohas,Lolly

Hi All

Lolly lovely to see you back  hope cold goes soon.

Jennimarie  hope all went well at hospital let us know soon

Job finishes on thursday. at least i got a bit of practiceand gained a bit more confidence in the work place.

Take carePauline

Hi Ladies,        It's good to see you back, Lolly.    Drink lots of fluids and try to eat something light to keep your energy up til the flu ends.    Now we have to find out what's happening with Tex and hear how things went for Jennimarie today.    Pauline you have done well with your temporary job so you should be proud of yourself.   You are probably just getting the working hours routine so you will do well when the next offer comes along.  :)   SuseyQ, your comments about how close we all are on this board really felt good to hear voiced by someone else.  The instant chat has been such a nice feature the past few days and for some it appears well into the night.   Beth, I do remember how your tragicly you lost your friend and her daughter.   We're always willing to be there for you as you continue to go  through the grieving process.  Friends make life's trials so much more bearable.  One of my lady friends gave me a yellow rose yesterday just because.   "Just because" is the best reason, isn't it?   Take care !                            ~Helen

Hello, all my dear friends.  I've been checking in here regularly  today.  I, too, have been wondering about how Tex is doing, she probably hasn't had a chance to get to a computer.  Also wondering how Jennimarie is doing after her surgery.  I'm going to try the chat tonight, but have never had any success getting in.

It's so cold here today in the NE.  So tired of Winter, and it's only January.  Did get my stupid roof rake today.  Can't believe I was obsessing over that on Friday.  

Oh, Lolly, the flu.  I hate the flu.  Been floored by it several times, not for a few years, thank goodness (knock on wood!).  Hubby had the flu shot this year for first time, kind of made him sick.

Well, my thoughts are with you all.  Susan

Aloha, just woke up from one of the Nyquil induced comas. ?lol ?oy vey!

Thanks everyone, for your kind words! ?Sure helps to know you guys are out there.

Im lying here in bed beside my laptop. ?Hubby thinks Im nuts, (so whats new?) ?He just went out to get me some seltzer, more nyquil and some soup! ?What a guy.....

HOpe all is well with Jenimarie and Tex......

I think Im gonna be here at 4 ( 9 ET), so I'll see you guys later.......I am going to tell these people I will notarize their stuff tomorrow, its too late to get anything out Fedex here anyway. ?(believe it or not, we have one Fedex flight per day,. and it leaves Maui around 1:30 pm!) ?ahhhh, island life!

alohaz friends,Lolly

Morning to everyone - What a sad day yesterday.  I haven't been on the boards long enough to have a personal relationship with Vickie, but her posts gave me great comfort when I needed it most.   She and her family was in my thoughts and prayers last night.Lolly - great to "hear" from you even though you aren't feeling well - glad hubby is keeping you in Nyquil.  Hope you feel better soon.Pauline - glad the job went well.  Maybe this will relieve some of your anxieties next time.Susan - It is bone-chilling cold here this week - I keep saying to myself - it's winter - what do you expect?  But I'm feeling a little fatiuged this week and this weather makes me want to get back under the covers!Maybe we'll hear from Jennemarie and Tex today!Wish everyone a good day. ((((()))))

Hi To All You Caring Ladies,How are you all feeling after the sad news of Vickie?It realy does make you think hard doesn't it?

Well I saw the consultant yesterday. He was one of the kindest caring people I have ever met!!To start off he just went through my file and ask lots of questions. He told me the ultrasound scan I had in Julylast year was showing a very small fibroid and thought it best to wait and see if it gives me any more pain. As Ihad a slight bleed for  1 day last week after nearly two years he said he would do a biopsy just to be sure.Boy was I excited..............no hysterectomy!!!!!!He had trouble doing the biopsy..........it hurt like mad.He then examined me. While i got dressed he went to see his superior..........how wrong could he be!!!!!Came back and told me I must have a hysterectomy asmy womb is the size of a 6 month pregnancy and the fibroid is larger than a grapefruit. He will take my womb, fallopiam tubes and my overies...............guess what? I forgot to ask why! I suppose it was because I was feeling like a scaredy cat by then, beside that he said he doesn't want to leave it any longer than 6 weeks as it will just cause more problems.I didn't ask any of the questions I wanted to because I just seemed to freeze up. Anyone here had a uterine biopsy? Won't know the result for 10 days.So glad hubby was with me. I'me trying to think positivebut finding it difficult.Perhaps I will know more when I attend the pre op appointment.Have a good day everyone!Love, jennimarie. xxxx

Oh Jennimarie - what an awful experience - Can't blame you a bit for freezing up - when you get caught off guard like that it's hard to think at all.  I know waiting for the biopsy results will be hard -I'll  be sending positive thoughts your way.  I also know thinking about upcoming surgery will be stressful - Did they schedule it while you were there?  Also - I found it helpful to write down questions - even if you have to call and ask after your appointment. It sounds trite, but try not to worry too much.  Keep in touch (((((()))))))

Yes Jennimarie,     I have had a uterine biopsy.   Actually I had 1 for  an infertility workup when I was about 26 yrs old and again this year.   The dr explained that women can experience anything from no discomfort at all, to mild cramping, to some women reporting it feeling as painful as labor.  This year it was only midly uncomfortable as the instrument was made of a modern material instead of the hard instrument used 25 yrs ago.  Were you told that you might have some spotting or bleeding and that unless it was excessive not to worry it can happen after a biopsy?   If excessive bleeding occurs, then I was told to call the dr immediately.  If anything concerns you call the dr and ask about it.  Anyway, the results tell whether or not there are abnormal cells inside the uterus or if the lining (endometrium) is thick or thin for your age.  I've never had a hysterectomy, but there have been some excellent posts on the hysterectomy boards from women who have with advice on how to prepare yourself for the surgery as well as what to expect in terms of recovery.   If you haven't already, post any questions you have about a hysterectomy there.   Good luck and know we will be here for you.                   ~Helen

Brrrrr.  It's so cold here in NE Pa.  I guess we were spoiled by the last few winters.  Sort of Old-fashioned winter, we're having.

Didn't make it to the Memorial Service last night. I was just too tired.  Actually went to be very early and slept all night.  But my thoughts were with you all, as I drifted to sleep.

Jennimarie, I'll post you on the hysterectomy board.  Been thinking about you.

No word from Tex?

Have a good day, ladies.

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a few days and just wanted to say "hi'   I didn't know Vickie, so felt a little awkward, but from what I have read, she was a wonderful lady.  My sympathy to all of you who loved her.

I hope that you are all doing well.  It has been pretty hectic around here, with babysitting and trying to get some things done now that I am feeling better.

Have a good day!!!!!    :smile:

Hi Everyone,How is your day so far? Mine is coming to a close here in the uk. Had one of those mad days............cleaning anything that moves.........including hubby! I must drive him to distraction sometimes but he never complains.The main reason for the cleaning blast.........just incasewe have to have help from outside the family when we both come home from hospital. I would die if someone saw my dirty cupboards and the clutter in draws. Do you all think I'me mad? Tell the truth now!!

Suzieq...........I will be posting on the hysterectomy board soon. Thanks for 'looking' for me.

Has anybody heard from Tex? Just thought she would have been here before now.All for now. Be happy.Love, jennimarie. xxx

Greetings everyone.  We're still freezing here in the NE., but you know, I'm kind of getting used to.  Or else I'm getting used to wearing long underwear!

Jennimarie;  I clean like mad when I'm under stress, and I remember I did that before my surgery.  Plus you feel like you need to do everything you won't be able to do after.  And I understand cleaning before someone comes to clean!  No, you're not mad!

Yes, I've been wondering about Tex, too.  She mustn't be near a computer.  Or else she's on her way back to Texas.  She'll be glad to get to the warmth.  

Have a good evening, all.

HI All

This working is really tiring. Been so long since i've been working full time and then to come home and try not to sit down or else thats it can not get up.Have been asked to do another week . Have to say i'm glad i got the job it's really given me a confidence boost. And really ?i'm at the stage where i have got to work need the money bills are coming in all the time. When you have been working on computers all day i do not really feel like going on at night . Have been really dizzy this month (Period) and have had a terrible headache for 2 days. ? Jennimarie ?sorry things did not go so well for you at the hospital thinking of you and hope your not getting to stressed about it all. ?I find it difficult to sit still when i'm worrying and go mad on the cleaning but then perhaps thats not such a bad thing.

jordan ?yes your right. I do not feel half as anxious and i know that i can cope.Hope everyone is keeping fit and well

Take carePauline

(Edited by paulinep at 10:05 pm on Jan. 16, 2003)

Hi Everyone,          I've been doing some laundry today to add warmth and moisture to the house or is that moisture and warmth.  Anyway it feels good since the thermometer outside was 0 the last couple of mornings.   So no Jennimarie I don't think you are crazy.   You sound more sane than I do.   hehehe   Roxie, how is your son doing at finding a babysitter or did you decide you enjoy watching your grandchildren?    Take care and keep posting ladies.                             ~Helen

Hi y'all,

I'm so shocked to read about Vicki. Don't believe it and I don't know what to say.

Noticed you all haven't forgotten me. Thanks for continually asking how things are going with me. This is the first time I have been able to post on the computer. I'm in a motel in Atlanta Georgia. We're heading back to Texas.

The kids are settled in their new apartment with some new furniture. We left them grinning from ear to ear. They sure do appreciate our help more than they did when they were younger. We are just so happy they are together, to support each other in Virginia since Texas is so far away.

My daughter's biopsy said there was some abnormal cells still remaining, but she doesn't have to follow up until April...hoping her immune system will fight it. Thinking of you Jennimarie.

I'm really so wiped out from our trip to Virginia that I don't feel up to reading alot or posting. I've been sleeping since we checked in at 2:00 and I pretty much feel like dozing now. It's been hard on me physically and emotionally, but I got my vitamins in the mail from power surge and it's time for me to take care of ((ME)), which is exactly what I'm doing. Just popping in and out.

Hugs, love, and sympathy to those who were close to Vicki.

Tex

Aloha

Glad to hear from you Tex! ?How great that your kids are together as adults. ?Thats soo special. ?

So funny to hear you all talking about cleaning frenzies. ?I get them big time! ?Especially when I'm not feeling well. ?Its like I cannot sit down , or lie down, and be sick, until I know the house is clean and neat. ?Otherwise, Im all restless!

My hubby knows when Im getting into a frenzy, and quietly makes himself invisible. ?hehe

You all know Ive been sick, just got to share this with you! ?Hubby ,. Ed, has been trying so hard to take good care of me. ?But, he just doesnt get the idea that I am sick with a col/flu and my appetitie is not up to par.

In spite of my trying to explain this, he continues to make massive meals that I can hardly even look at, let alone eat! ?The other night was a huge bowl of beef stgew. ?Ugh. ?Then, this one is good! ?Two nights ago and entire meal of only freshly handlmade, which is wonderful, vietnamese spring rolls. ?OMG! ?So the entire meal was raw veggies. ?Ugh. ?I asked for tomato soup. ?LOL ?

I dont mean to sound ungrateful, but puleeeze!!!!!! ?So tonight I sent him to the store with explicit instructions. ?Campbells tomoto soup, in the can, no other b;rand, nothing fancy, nothing added. ?Just a can of soup! ?

Hell probably come back with some fancy schmancy stuff instead. ?Gotta love him, though. ?LOL ?He is just trying to take care of me. ?

Being home this week I have had a chance to catch up on my TV wtching. ?ITs been nice to watch Oprah, and some other very powerful and uplifting shows. ?

Well, Ive rambled on quite enough. ?I think Ed's home from the store. ?Should be fun to see what he brought!

Take care friends and have a wonderful weekend!

warm, healing alohasLolly