• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Dearest

The Place To Start Your Day #2

Hey everybody!  In addition to the bad weather (the ground is covered with ice, with a layer of snow), I have that nasty gastro bug that must be going around!  Just hit me this AM.  Hope it's short lived.  Now they say snow tonight and tomorrow.  Guess I'm hibernating for the next few days!

Glad to see everyone else is doing pretty good!

Good Morning Everyone!

? ? Seems we're all glad to have the holidays behind us! ?I could go on for days on that subject, but thankfully, its a thing of the past and now we can look forward to good things in the new year.

? ? ? ?Thought it might be fun to get back in good shape this year LOL! ?I have a membership at the Y and hope to get back into some daily walks, right after I have lunch with my sister :) ?Hmmm, maybe soup and salad today!

? ? I survived New Year's Eve. ?The band was wonderful and I went to where my husband was working afterward. ?We got in during the wee hours of the morning and I did my best to sleep most of New Years Day away. ?

? ? ?I did get to visit a brother who makes greens, beans and cornbread every new years day. ?The greens are for wealth, black-eyed peas for health and cornbread for happiness. ?It was all very good and I'm feeling a bit of all those things today, so it must have worked. ?(I consider the love of my family my greatest wealth!) ?

? ? ?It's wonderful to see so many of us on the board. ?Please know that each of you are very special to me and I keep you in my prayers and in my heart daily. ?Till tomorrow, ?Hugs to all & God Bless, ?JR

Hi Chris...  Lol, I think I will have to get my cane oiled for Saturday with the grandson!   :biggrin:    I am so glad to read that all of this with your daughter is now in the past and you all can rest a little easier now.  I think you got through the stress quite well, considering what you were facing, and you are really a very strong person, too!    Your daughter is very lucky to have you for her mom.  :)

Hi Susey...Yep, I think that's the flu I had after I got out of the hospital... the worst for me was only one day.... the day I spent in flu hell... hope you get over it quickly, and hope it helps you to know that those of us who have had it have survived.   :biggrin:   Drink lots of chicken or beef broth and gatorade, and eat lots of jello and popsicles!  

Hi Susie,

Hibernating is my way of life except when a crisis arrives! Hope you feel better today.

Vicki: Thanks so much for your great support. Your words are so encouraging and make me smile. I think I have gotten through this stress well, but if it continues I will run out of ways to cope. I can't take prolonged stress, so my thoughts are to head back to Texas as soon as possible. Happy I won't be going back by plane. We're just waiting on an apartment to O.k. our co-signing for son and daughter.

Daughter's going to court on the 10th concerning responsibility of her lease with her husband.., but I don't think I need to be here for that. He's living in their apartment not paying rent. Can you beleive that punk?She had to leave because of his abuse but now the apartment is taking her and his father to court. Her husbands credit was so bad that he is only on the lease as a roommate. I don't think I can take getting into all of that.

Today, daughter went to work and hubby and I have the motel to ourselves. Guess what we'll be doing...:)...:wink:.....:biggrin:....:cool:

JR, I hear ya, onward with this new year!

Tex

Hi tex

sleeping what else could you possible be getting up to?

Thought i'd pop by and say hello just of to hairdressers i know i'm getting better with anxiety because one time use to dread it but i'm vain so no matter how bad panic is always went. daft really because people  to tell me it should be relaxing. One day may get there.Hope all well

Take carePauline  

Suseyq - Hope you're feeling better, but if it's the same bug I had right before Christmas you won't feel like eating much of anything for a few days. ?It is a nasty bug and the doctor said it was going around. ?He gave me pills for the nausea, but since I couldn't keep anything down a heck of a lot of good that did!Pauline - glad to hear you're getting out some - I hope soon you'll be getting out to some other places without the awful panic.Tex - Hope you didn't do anything I wouldn't do lol - Sounds like you're ready to go home even though there are other things going on with daughter & son. ?I know how you feel though - after a long stressful time some quiet time to myself is always what I look forward to. ?Sometimes even without a lot of stress!We're looking forward to a snow storm just in time for the weekend so it may be a quiet one - of course I always think of Lolly's palm trees and beach if it gets to me!Everyone have a good weekend and Tex if you're heading home drive carefully!

Not yet Jodan, my daughter just said she'd kick my butt if I wasn't there in court with her. Nice way to ask me huh? She was just kidding of course. Haven't decided yet. Still having to take things one day at a time.

How nice of her to let you know she needs you!!  Hope all goes well - I know I still like to have my mom around during any tough things - but she's a mile away!

Hello girls so glad to see we all survived the holidays, gee life loves to play funny tricks on us, i mean when you are young you just loveeee the holidays and you dont have a care in the world, then boom we hit the forties and God we dread the holidays, AHHHHH THE IRONY OF LIFE! well i managed to survive two longggggg days without my sweet potatoe pie, thanks to my never paying attention husband of mine! GRRRRR. My great dissapointment came when i woke up with my period again, i reaaly thought the endo-ablation i had done in sept. would work, especially because i lasted 3 months without one. Gee i feel so depressed, when i have periods i get extremely sick and weak and fatigued, no life. Oh well girls im glad all your problems are getting resolved. God bless you all.

Pauline:

I sure know what you mean. I used to be panicky in any situation and especially one so intimate as someone doing my hair. The panic finally ended but even now the last thing I feel is relaxed. As far as panic goes, I got over being so nice to people. Somehow the panic had to do with social phobia. Instead of doing what I think people expect from me, I now try to concentrate and focus on just getting through a situation, being respectful of others, but not trying to be someone I'm not. It has really changed the panic into just a little uncomfortable. That's a big improvement. Your panic may be unrelated, but I just wanted to share my experience. How'd it go?

Pookie: ?I also can relate to feeling depressed when I'm so tired and weak. Hope you're feeling better.

Well, hubby and I had a great day yesterday. We rubbed each others backs, etc. and layed in bed all day watching TV. Oh yeah, got up to eat and feed and walk the dogs. They slept and layed around all day with us. Would like to do the same thing today, but too much of a good thing isn't a good thing anymore if you know what I mean. Darn.

Tex

Hi Tex

Did not go to badly. used to go to the same hairdressers for years because it is within walking distance of home. Was not always pleased with result but thought could not go anywhere else. Then my friend who's always trying different hairdresser's to me and thought would pluck up courage and go. That was in October and i thought coped with that so could do it again and was very pleased with results. With me it's the going away from home knowing it's not within walking distance to get home also when washing hair knowing can not just get up and walk out(unless i go with hair full of shampoo that would be a funny site)It was not easy yesterday got a flood of panic the lady washed my hair 3 times because i'd been swimming(did wash hair afterwards). Just feel that now new year here must do my best to go further from home which can do if have to like when daughter went hospital. But in everyday life not something i have to do so do not get much practice.  Also because supposed to be going cyprus in June partners brother getting married all booked thought got to do something.  As it is getting all in a state about it but may not even be going (long story) just to say partner greek cypriot and his mum and dad hate me they are saying if i go then they will not go to wedding it's all black mail there very controling demanding people but partners brother belive's them and now is saying i should not go partners saying hang in there but i feel very depressed about it all knowing if i do go no one wants me there. And because of me his brother is having a lot of hassle from parents. . I was going to cyprus but was not going to the wedding away. Now they do not want me to go to cyprus. Should explain it's because i'm not greek was married before and have 3 kids. There's alot more to say but have gone on for long enough.

Take care Pauline  

Pauline:  Oh, the little sagas people in our lives put us through!  If people could only practice more tolerance, wouldn't this be a lovely world?  Hope  you get it all sorted out, but remember, it isn't you, it's them!

I'm still feeling a bit wiped out from whatever darn bug invaded my life.  Today I have a headache and think it's from my tmj, which acts up when there's stress.  Couldn't get into work yesterday due to weather (and just not feeling up to battling the weather!), so that added to my stress.  It's the kind of job where your brain in there, even if you aren't!

Sending poor hubby on errands today.  Just don't feel up to it yet!  Hope everyone else is hanging in there.  Tex, sounds like you had a nice relaxing day yesterday!  You certainly deserve it.  Enjoy your weekend.

Good morning everyone.

Tex, I am glad that you had such a wonderful day.  My husband used to give me massages all of the time, but lately my sweats happen so frequently that we have kinda given up. I hope it goes well for your daughter.

SusyQ, I am glad that you are feeling a little better.  I hope it continues to improve for you.

Pauline, I am glad that your trip to the hairdresser went fairly well.  I hope you liked the way she did it.  I am sorry that you are having to deal with such petty, ridiculous people.  The world would be soooooo much nicer without the stupid prejudice.  

I have started taking premarin, vitamin E, dong quai, and I just bought some vitamin B that I will be taking also.  On Monday I am going back to the pool every day for some exercise. I decided to tackle these sweats head on with everything I could think of.  I want my life back.  All I can say is that I am grateful I don't have a job, because it would be impossible for me to do it now.  I am also grateful that my husband is being so sweet (even when I am definitely NOT sweet.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!   :)

Greetings Everyone!

? ? I'm off to a late and lazy start today, which is quite nice. ?My family let me sleep undisturbed, which I did til almost noon. ?I'm singing regularly Friday and Saturday nights and don't get in until the wee hours of the morning. ?The pay is good, ?so I'm not complaining - just readjusting my schedule!

? ? I just took a moment to go back through the posts on this board. ?There are eighteen of us (on this board alone) visiting, posting, encouraging and looking after each other. ?We are from across the country and around the world, England to Hawaii, Texas to Michigan. ? ? ? We are single, married, working, staying at home, have children and grandchildren. ?We are happy, sad, scared, angry, frustrated, loving and caring! ? We are all here together because of the frustrating symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. ? ? ? How fortumate we are to have each other! ? I remember how lonely and alien I felt before I found Power Surge. ? What a beautiful, wonderful bunch of friends. ?Thank you Dearest for creating a place where we can be together and feel safe!

? ? For those of you just looking in, say "Hi - just reading" or something to let us know you're there(aloha!). ?When we don't hear from you, please know that you are missed! ? ?

? ? Still maintaining with my V8 and tobasco! ?Hope you all beat those bugs out there this winter. ?Warm regards and hugs to all - ?JR ?:)

Hi JRS and everybody! I'm here!! I don't always post every day, but usually check in to see how everybody is!! Yes, I agree it is nice to have friends from so many different places while we are all sharing this "wonderful" time of life!!Hugs,Suzie

Dear Pauline sorry to see you are having so many problems with panic attack, BOY! do i know about that horrible feeling, i experience panic attacks in 2000, i thought i was going to die, so i just decided to hide in my home like a scared bunny and only went out to shop for food, i felt so helpless and dint tell anybody because my friends are active working women who are fine or pretend to be fine and i dint want to be judged as weak or lazy, so along with the attacks i was also having this horrible rages, so one day i got up fed up and said im going to the doctor, well thank God i did he prescribed Zoloft 50 mlg and these have being a blessing for me, BUT! yeah theres always a but i have not driven in 12 years, and im afraid to because i noticed i get very distrated and cant focus on anything so im afraid to have an accident, i get upset when my husband tells me i need to get out there, but frankly i dont want to be out there, i never thought that my life would come to be being afraid of having to deal with people, i use to be so outgoing and always out there on the go, now i just cant. Oh well i guess ill just keep hibernating, until im ready to be out there. well just wanted to let you know that me pookie is in the same boat we all are, so feel better and keep doing your hair that helps alot. And to the rest of the girls this year im going to be posting more.love ya all

Good morning y'all!

Pauline and Pookie: I feel your pain and I know your feelings well.

Pauline: I'm sure you feel better getting your hair done as us women always do, so for me, it's worth going out to do. The feeling of being trapped is one of my issues too, but I feel so lousy when my roots are showing or I need a trim so I have to go to the salon. As for his parents....Grrrrr. That makes me angry to think about. Who do they think they are? Whatever you do, if you do go, don't act grateful to be there. Hold your head up and be a little snobby as they've been to you. People like that need to feel better than you, but we know who is the better one in all this. YOU. Don't let them make you feel ashamed of who you are. Grrrr. That makes me so mad to think about. :angry:

Pookie: I have always had some fear dealing with people. I get out there when I need to. That keeps me from being emotionally unhealthy, but I prefer to hibernate. I don't much worry about it anymore, because it's who I am. You're right, when you are ready to be out there, you'll do it because you want to. For me, the boredom gets me moving. But I do take baby steps most of the time, just enough to not cause too much stress. Another thing I found to be helpful was to focus on focusing. Sound silly? Well, maybe, but if I don't find that part of me that is in control and can focus, I end up being distracted and even dissociate. Doing that is easier said than done because of all the fearful distractions. But try to remember your fears are unrealistic and underneath the fear is a strong, confident person who knows how to be in control.

You all must know this is something close to my heart. I have come out on the side of acceptance and self love. You will too. Hugs.

SusieQ: My tmj comes and goes too. Same as the body stiffness. Hope you are relaxing and getting that job out of your mind!

JR: loved your post.

Roxie: I'm doing the health thing too. Ordered the power surge vitamins and I've been on lowcarb the past few days. It's got me feeling better. The pool sounds great. Can't wait to get back to south Texas where I can swim in the ocean!

Hi Vicki, Susie, Joann, ?Hope everyone's day is good. Still waiting on word from the apartments and we decided to stay for our daughter's court date anyway. He's got his father, so I can't let her go in there without her parents. But then we're going home!

Tex

Hi everybody.  Feeling somewhat better today, but sure could use some sunshine!  It is gloomy and gray here in NE Pa. (normal for this time of year), but it's bothering me more this year.  Tex, that southern ocean swim sounds so nice now!  I'll bet you can't wait to leave this winter stuff.  The TMJ is a bit better, but that's a vicious circle, as you know, it's stressful which leads to more jaw clenching,  etc.  

We ventured out last night (me for the first time since New Year's!).  Big night out at Lowe's!  But it was good to go for a ride.  Resting up for my plunge back to work tomorrow.  Lots to do since I missed so many days.  Calling for snow, but will just have to "plow" through it.  Have a good day, everyone.

Hi Ladies,       I really enjoyed JRS compilation of all the ladies on here.  Even though it took peri/menopause to bond us together; it is cool to find so many women we can share with.   Last evening when I went to the after hours clinic with my husband for an ear infection(nothing unusual--he's had them all his life but finally goes to the dr for treatment quicker) the nurse was having a hot flash.  She said ' I'm 52 and every time I think my periods are over, I get one.  I'm so ready for this to be over.'   Poor thing had to step outside to cool off; we had a nice giggle sharing the same conclusion we will be glad to get to 12 months period free.  Now that routine is coming back, I'll keep up better with each of your stories.  Pauline I do want you to know you have a lot of surgette sisters here you can count on.  To everyone having problems with panic/anxiety, have you checked out the anxiety expert Bronwyn Fox, on this site?   There is a lot of info from her and other experts that Dearest has had as guests on chat on this site you might find helpful.            ~Helen

Good morning everyone.  Just letting the car thaw out while I check in.  The snow machine is still churning, but just flurries.  Suppose to do this all week!  I guess it's called winter.  Will be used to it by Spring!  Had a lovely day yesterday.  My son brought  our oldest grandson over to finally get his Christmas presents.  This has been such a stormy holiday season, they didn't get over and we couldn't go there.  They had dinner with us, and it was so nice.  Hopefully, as the youngest gets a bit past the needing mama stage, he can come over too.  I'll settle for more of those kind of visits.  Amazing how something so simple can up your spirits!  Well, off to the great white North!  Have a good day!

Suseyq - so glad to hear you finally had a visit from your grandson - hope as time goes on you'll get to see more of them. ?We're having snow this AM also (SW Pa) but the drive to work was not nearly as bad as the traffic guys were saying. ?Hope you find the same. ?I think perimeno is bad enough without anything else - can't image TMJ on top of it - hope you feel better today.Pauline - it's so awful that with everything else going on you have to deal with this family thing. ?I agree with Tex - do what you really want to do and no excuses!Pookie - I felt for a while I was turning into a hermit - I didn't want to go to the old places or have people over - I hope little steps will help for you.Tex - hope the court date is soon - I'll be you can't wait to get home - Did they find an apartment?Always nice to "hear" from everyone - by the way - anyone hear from Lolly?Ladies - hope you all have a great day! xoxo

Hi All managed to get on computer today. Difficult on Sundays as son's play games for most of the day. When they come in and find me on the computer they think it's funny what can i possible find interesting when all i'm doing is reading. Went to my last aquarobics today well at least for the day will try and go on the night but now the dark night's are here would rather stay nice and cosy and watch tv. Going for job interview tomorrow feeling abit anxious its not really a proper interview ?as worked there 6 years ago but when panic's got really bad left. Last year did a night course in computer skills just to update my skills. Started a college course Sept but did not stick it was not sleeping at all and head felt like a cabbage. But the lady who rang me about the job asked what hours i wanted to do so i said 10 till 3 so i do not feel under so much pressure sleeping is abit better. ? Have put the hoilday out of mind told partner not to tell me anything that is said. His parents are not going to change there mind so will just have to wait and see if partner's brother give's in under the pressure. Then it's up to him to tell me he does not want me there. Thanks for all your lovely words was feeling very down that day.

Take carePauline ?

PS I was wondering where Lolly is? Also like to add to JRS message about p/s and so glab i have found this site. Since joined in Oct and learning about  perimenopause have started taking some of the vitamins mentioned  by dearest and they seem to be helping alot also look forward to reading what ladies have to say.  

(Edited by paulinep at 3:35 pm on Jan. 6, 2003)

Good morning everyone,

It is nice to hear that most of you seem to be doing a little better.  I think that having the holidays over is a relief--at least it is to me.....

I'm feeling a bit of panic myself this morning because my son called and asked me to watch his two children for four days a week while his wife goes to school.  They are good kids, but I have barely been able to do the basics around here.  In fact, my husbnd has been an angel and doing most of the work.  I told him that I would do it for a while, but to keep looking for an alternate solution.

Good luck with your job Pauline.

JRS, what type of music do you sing?  My husband used to have a band.  He plays the guitar and sings.

SusieQ, I am glad that you finally had a nice belated Christmas visit.

I hope that ALL of you have a wonderful day!

I'd be panicking too Roxie! Are you one of those Moms that can't say no to their adult children?

:wink: I AM. :smile: :shocked:

Aren't we lucky to have such Will hubby help?

Dear Roxie: ? ? ? ? I understand how you feel, I too have a beautifulll grandson(my 1st) and was taking care of him for a while until they found a daycare, needless to say i was heartbroken because i felt only i could take care of him with all my love and attention, and of course in a daycare he is just one more of many, now he is always with colds, i was sooooo depressed but i had to realize i just dont have the energy to take care of a 1 yr old with so much energy, i had days i could barely carry him because with meno you never know how you are going to wake up and believe me most of the time i wake up beat up and pooped, after all i still have three girls (ages 15,12,9) at home to take of. So make sure in your heart not to feel bad about the situation, the ability and strenght are gone from our lives. My best to you!Atina: I take the hormones estratest and prometrium, but i dont think the condition i have has been caused by my meno, even though it has aggraveted it what i have my mother has it and my brother is called seborreic and is a pain, sometimes i guess i scratch while sleeping so my scalp always has cuts, so i dont know if this is what they call now dertmititis, when i was young i use to get flare ups very rarely and they were not that bad now is the worst, i just want some refief and control of it, please girls let me know of any info on websites or natural remedies. thank you alllove ya all!

Good Morning All!  A little chilly (14) here today, but that's to be expected in the winter.   Tex, I'm looking forward to going out in shorts too - but I have a few months to wait!Pookie - I really relate to not knowing how you're feeling till you get up.  I hate the ups and downs that are so unpredictable.  When I have a few good days in a row I'm almost giddy!  Hope everyone wakes up to a good day today!

good morning everyone. sounds like eveyone had a great holiday !the ?new year is upon us money is very short, i should get a job but i cant bring myself to do so.... i quit my job almost two years ago because i couldnt deal with it anymore i since do some house cleaning jobs for some money to help out with the bills . but i know i could do more but cant face having to be somewhereat a certain time, or someone telling me when and where to do something(am i alone in this feeling? )my husband has a tumor on his back and is facing surgery on the 22nd of jan, with skin graphs and all, as we have no insurance to cover this we are fighting the system , one person tells ua all is ?taken care of others say someone from from financial services will call and to be honest with them damn i filled out so many papers now i have writers cramp.. and what dont ?they wanna know ?please.....add to all this "the change" ? how do you relax with such a full plate any suggestion????? ? sorry to ramble but i feel i can talk here and hope i can find some friends, ? have a great day

Good morning ladies,

?I am feeling a little better this morning. ?My sweats are not happening quite as often, and I am getting at least a little sleep. ?The first day with the grandkids went well, and it will be okay. ?I'm lucky to have a helpful husband.

Tex, I can say no when necessary, but fortunately my children do not ask unless it is their only choice, so it is not as much of a problem as it could be. ?And yes, we are VERY lucky to have such good hubby's...:biggrin:

Pookie, I can understand wanting to take care of your first grandson, and the frustration of not being able to do what you want. ?I hope you can find some relief for your condition. ?It sounds miserable.

Joann, it is cold here also. ?There is frost on the ground every morning, and right now we have a little bit of snow. ?I am looking forward to summer as well.

Pesmith, I totally understand the finance problem. ?I am on disability and cannot work, and my husband has not been able to find a decent job, so we are struggling. ?I hope that the surgery for your husband goes well, and that he will have a full recovery soon. I know the frustration of wanting to work and help out but being unable to do so. ?Please do not beat yourself up for it. ?I've heard that stress makes our meno worse, and none of us needs that.............

I hope that all of you have a wonderful day!!!!!