I am having problems accessing the messages on the "Progesterone all forms" section. Every time I click to get the last message posted it just brings me back to the one dated June 17th. Can someone help me out here???

I already tried that and the same thing happens. I haven't been able to access the latest messages for a week now. I don't understand why......it's only this one forum I can't get.

Originally posted by Canadair

I am having problems accessing the messages on the "Progesterone all forms" section. Every time I click to get the last message posted it just brings me back to the one dated June 17th. Can someone help me out here???

How strange - on mine it comes up to today's post.

Maybe it's specific to your browser and it will fix itself when you reboot - hopefully!

I have been trying to post a message on the introduction message board and when I press the post reply button, I get a message "you are not allowed to post on this message board"

PLEASE HELP!!

I noticed this too....although for me it's like a walk down memory lane. lol. SNOWBIRD? WHERE DID YOU GO??? Jeesh I miss some of the gals that used to be here and now are among the missing! :(

Actually the old posts left me wondering what happened. A bit like never seeing the last episode of 24

Dearest posted on another board:

Problems With The Anxiety Forum Topics

We're working on correcting the problem with the dates and order of topics on the Anxiety/Stress forum.  

Please don't E.mail me about it. I'm aware of the problem and we're doing our best to rectify the messed up dates. Worse case scenario, we'll put up a new board.  

Thanks,  Dearest and Paul (Senior Programmer)

Thanks for posting that, Mary.

The problem is that the site was moved to another server. This created a number of problems with scripts and programming all over the site. Now, it's showing up on the boards.

Rather than spend valuable time adding fixes and patches hither and yon, we're putting up a whole new board. That should resolve the problems with those old dates that are showing up on new posts.

Thanks for your patience.

I also noticed that some of the posts that I saw this morning under "Today's Posts" have disappeared by the evening. Is this another problem?

Originally posted by COwoman

I also noticed that some of the posts that I saw this morning under "Today's Posts" have disappeared by the evening.  Is this another problem?

Considering that the dates and administrative area have been compromised on the board, anything is possible. That's why a new board is being constructed -- to eliminate the problems caused by the server move.

A brand new message board (with, hopefully, all the original messages carried over) should be up and ready for you to post on by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was just reading some of the posts on this thread, and all I have to say is.......

Alice and Mary, you two are SAINTS!

Thank you!!

As usual, I agree with Leanne :D

You guys ARE saints, and your efforts are appreciated so much!

I did notice that the last several days I see "U2U is temporarily disabled". Now I don't know, but I'm guessing maybe this is also part of the broo-ha-ha? I will be patient and await the new board and be happy we can all still find each other. :)

I know this must be a lot of effort - yet you always work through it depsite all the other things going on in your lives. :)

Thank you very much!

Hugs,

-MB

I agree! Alice and Mary are great! My U2U is also down, but I'm OK with that. It's amazing how attached we all are to P-S.

Thanks for all your work!

Susan

My U2U is also down, but I'm OK with that. It's amazing how attached we all are to P-S.
Paul, the Senior Programmer here at Power Surge, disabled the U2U messenger to make fewer things to have to transfer to the new boards.

There are so many thousands of members and posts which need to be moved. I'm sure that the U2Us were the most reasonable to shut down during the move.

I quite enjoyed reading the old posts. Sometimes we don't think to dig into the past. The girls at the start were complaining of exactly the same things!

I'd be interested to know whether Alice and Mary still have hair or did they glide serenely through all this turmoil (lol)?

What angels?

People either have avatars or they don't. It looks like you have one, already - maybe one you chose for the past board. I'm not sure if this newer board has different avatars or not, but you can check in your profile to see what's available :)

Hi,

The problem I have is my brain damage which has taken about half my working memory and processing speed.

It doesn't seem like I'm disabled when there's nothing to compare things to.

But I often say things in an incomplete way.

My main interest is in telling people about B12 because it is the lack of that, something that would have cost less than $14 a year for the injectable kind I give myself in shots, that caused my cognitive dysfunction in the first place, or the first of it.

So, because I can't be sure I'll say things clearly, I have a web site that talks about B12 and has a lot of the research on it.

I feel it is important for me to use forums where I can use a signature that includes my web site.

Because of this feeling, I recently had a major miracle meeting: a woman on another forum said she'd met me. I coudlnt' believe it, but it was true.l

It isalso the case that I am really sick right now, so meeting her was a major miracle because not only has she helped meiwth homeopathics, she's turne d me on to Adult Protective sERviscese..

i"m stnese and can't write as clalry sorry.

The problem I hve right now, is I belive tetanus...

anyway, I wish you would reconsider deleting web site addresses with the site offeres information.

***** Board Administrator: Links to commercial sites are prohibited on these message boards. Please read the guidelines you agreed to when you registered. Thank you.

Hi! I'm new here and have several questions because this board confuses me. 1. If I just click the "reply" button at the top of board (the only one I see), how can I ensure that I am replying to a specific person's message? 2. Where does the person's e-mail address display when you read their post? 3. How often should I check that private message box? Do I get e-mail notifications for both public and private messages? 4. The same HTML codes that I've used on other boards are not working in the signature box in my profile.

I would really like to talk, but I'm feeling like I just don't know what the heck I'm doing! :( Thank you!

Well-looks like I have to take some of that back! The signature line is now working! BUT..I can't get the colors and the bold HTML codes to work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again.

Hi! I'm new here and have several questions because this board confuses me. 1. If I just click the "reply" button at the top of board (the only one I see), how can I ensure that I am replying to a specific person's message? 2. Where does the person's e-mail address display when you read their post? 3. How often should I check that private message box? Do I get e-mail notifications for both public and private messages? 4. The same HTML codes that I've used on other boards are not working in the signature box in my profile. ?

I would really like to talk, but I'm feeling like I just don't know what the heck I'm doing! :( ?Thank you!

Welcome, Satincat,

In answer to your questions,

1) When you click the "Reply" button in any of the topics on this board, the best way to ensure your reply will be directed to a particular person is to address the person in your reply. Another suggestion would be to hit the "QUOTE" button (as I have done here) and it will place the person's post into your response. It becomes fairly obvious that that's the person you're replying to. Type your reply below it. Replies appear in the order in which they were posted. Also, the reason "Post Reply" is the only button you see in "some" forums or topics is because the general membership isn't allowed to "Post New Topics" in every forum -- especially this one, The Basics, that has to do with the administration of the board.

2) People's E.mail addresses, by default, are kept private and do NOT appear in their posts. When the board was set up (and previous boards as well), I decided this for the the privacy and security of our members. Any member can override that option while registering, OR by clicking on PROFILE on the menu at the top of the board and changing that option.

Again, this is at the discretion of the individual user, but Power Surge doe NOT recommend people making their E.mail addresses (or any personal information like phone numbers, addresses, etc.) public because we have no way of knowing WHO is viewing or lurking on this board and where their E.mail addresses will end up. There are people whose main purpose is to gather E.mail addresses for the purpose of inundating your mail with their marketing advertisements and heaven knows what else. Power Surge doesn't share its member list with anyone under any circumstances.

If you wish to contact a particular member privately, simply click on "PM" at the bottom of their message and that will send them a private message, OR go into your private messages and click on "Compose PM" and select the username you want to send it to. People can share E.mail addresses that way without worrying about everyone seeing it.

3) How often should you check your private message box? As often as you like :D When you receive a new PM, or private message, it will appear on the menu up top when you log on - i.e., You have 2 new messages." If you click on your PROFILE on the menu at the top, you can opt to receive a notification via E.mail that you have a new private message.

4) You can opt to receive E.mail notifications on any topic - when you reply to a message, at the bottom of the reply window is an option that says, "Notify me when a reply is posted." Anytime you wish to stop receiving E.mail notifications from any topic, simply go into your PROFILE and change you subscriptions.

5) HTML works in all forums and topics. That's how I put links and images in many of my own messages. However, in your signature area, regular HTML doesn't work. The signature uses BBCode. If you reply to a message, or go into your PROFILE, you'll see "BBCode is ON" - click on the link and it will explain how the BBCode works. It shows the same as HTML, but it works differently.

Please bear in mind that LINKS TO COMMERCIAL WEB SITES WILL BE REMOVED. That's part of the Guidelines of this board and is in the agreement you accepted when you signed up.

You can also get answers to most of your questions by clicking on FAQ on the menu at the top of the board or click here.

Dearest

Well-looks like I have to take some of that back! The signature line is now working! BUT..I can't get the colors and the bold HTML codes to work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again.

Read the FAQ I mentioned in my previous post.

Also, we have a forum called "Holidays" where you can post your Christmas image. I don't recommend keeping it part of your signature once the holiday has passed :D

Dearest

In answer to your questions,

1) When you click the "Reply" button in any of the topics on this board, the best way to ensure your reply will be directed to a particular person is to address the person in your reply. Another suggestion would be to hit the "QUOTE" button (as I have done here) and it will place the person's post into your response. It becomes fairly obvious that that's the person you're replying to. Type your reply below it. Replies appear in the order in which they were posted. Also, the reason "Post Reply" is the only button you see in "some" forums or topics is because the general membership isn't allowed to "Post New Topics" in every forum -- especially this one, The Basics, that has to do with the administration of the board.

2)  People's E.mail addresses, by default, are kept private and do NOT appear in their posts. When the board was set up (and previous boards as well), I decided this for the the privacy and security of our members. Any member can override that option while registering, OR by clicking on PROFILE on the menu at the top of the board and changing that option.

Again, this is at the discretion of the individual user, but Power Surge doe NOT recommend people making their E.mail addresses (or any personal information like phone numbers, addresses, etc.) public because we have no way of knowing WHO is viewing or lurking on this board and where their E.mail addresses will end up. There are people whose main purpose is to gather E.mail addresses for the purpose of inundating your mail with their marketing advertisements and heaven knows what else. Power Surge doesn't share its member list with anyone under any circumstances.

If you wish to contact a particular member privately, simply click on "PM" at the bottom of their message and that will send them a private message, OR go into your private messages and click on "Compose PM" and select the username you want to send it to. People can share E.mail addresses that way without worrying about everyone seeing it.

4) You can opt to receive E.mail notifications on any topic - when you reply to a message, at the bottom of the reply window is an option that says, "Notify me when a reply is posted." Anytime you wish to stop receiving E.mail notifications from any topic, simply go into your PROFILE and change you subscriptions.

5) HTML works in all forums and topics. That's how I put links and images in many of my own messages. However, in your signature area, regular HTML doesn't work. The signature uses BBCode. If you reply to a message, or go into your PROFILE, you'll see "BBCode is ON" - click on the link and it will explain how the BBCode works. It shows the same as HTML, but it works differently.

Dearest

Wow! I didn't expect to get an answer from the board owner herself! :) How very nice of you to respond! You're information has been extremely helpful, and I think I will be able to manage now. I will also take the X-mas graphic out immediately. Thanks again, and also thank you for the service you provide here.

Amy

"5) HTML works in all forums and topics. That's how I put links and images in many of my own messages. However, in your signature area, regular HTML doesn't work. The signature uses BBCode. If you reply to a message, or go into your PROFILE, you'll see "BBCode is ON" - click on the link and it will explain how the BBCode works. It shows the same as HTML, but it works differently."

Just one more thing if I could. You said you can use HTML in the body of the message to put in images or whatever, Yet, every time I post, the link at the bottom left always says "HTML" off, and I don't know how to change it to "HTML ON". Isn't that also neccesary to use different text colors, and if so, then how do I change it from OFF to ON?

Thank You!

Dearest

Wow! I didn't expect to get an answer from the board owner herself! :) How very nice of you to respond! You're information has been extremely helpful, and I think I will be able to manage now. I will also take the X-mas graphic out immediately. Thanks again, and also thank you for the service you provide here.

Amy