• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Dearest

About Creating New Board Topics

Please be advised that new topics can be created by members in most forums on these boards, but THE BASICS forum (this one) and a few others require a board administrator to create new topics.

Also, please don't create new topics until you've gone through the existing topics on any given forum to be sure one doesn't already exist. Even if you post in an old topic, the moment you post a message, it will bring that topic back to the top of the forum.

Thank youDearest

Help me!!!!!! ? I have absolutely no idea how to post messages or post replys. ?Where is the prompt that allows me to post anything. ?I have been at this off and on for a couple of days now and I just can't figure it out. ?Thanks so much. ?dcamp  If you do answer me, I don't know if I will be able to find the answer.  You can email me at dcamp1017@msn.com

Just like you posted the reply to Dearest's post :)

First, find the area that you're interested in.  To respond to a post, look at the left side of the posts.  At the top and bottom left there will be the words "- Post Reply -"  Click on those words and a new text box will appear.  Type what you want in that box and push the "Submit" button below.

If you prefer, you can quote someone else's post in your reply.  This is a good idea if you're responding to a post from a while ago.  Sometimes, the topic has a way of changing as more people reply!

To quote, look for the little "Quote" icon at the bottom of the particular post.  Click on that and the text box will pop up.  This time, it will have the text of the other post in it.  Just be sure to leave the code as it is :)

Is there a topic already started specifically for teachers coping with menopause. I love my job but it can be exhausting keeping up with a room full of children.Cheers,highhopes

I've done a search through the site on PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), hoping that there might be a particular place where women have posted their experiences of menopause when they've also lived with PCOS. ?I don't know if there are particular issues associated with the combination, but wondered if there are and therefore would it be appropriate to have a specific board for the issue? ?

Quote: from highhopes on 8:09 pm on Mar. 4, 2002[br]Is there a topic already started specifically for teachers coping with menopause. I love my job but it can be exhausting keeping up with a room full of children.

Cheers,

highhopes

highhopes, I can certainly understand the issues that must be associated with being a teacher in a classroom full of students and having to go through menopause simultaneously. However, ?they're probably not unlike the issues other working women have to cope with in the workplace during menopause. There are already so many forums, it would be too cumbersome to create a new forum for every possible scenario, which is why I created boards such as "Other Menopause Issues" and Other Midlife Health Issues, where you're more than welcome to start a topic about "Teachers and Menopause" as we have many teachers on the site.

Best,

Dearest

Quote: from Isla on 10:16 pm on Nov. 3, 2002[br]I've done a search through the site on PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), hoping that there might be a particular place where women have posted their experiences of menopause when they've also lived with PCOS. ?

I don't know if there are particular issues associated with the combination, but wondered if there are and therefore would it be appropriate to have a specific board for the issue? ?

Isla, feel free to post on the Fibroids, Cysts, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome forum.

Dearest

Dearest, I hope you see this post because I don't really know where to put it. ?There are several possible places. ?

I've wondered if you would consider having a topic on Alcoholism/Drug Use during menopause. ?I used to drink socially when I was in my twenties and thirties, but I stopped completely in my forties because my Dad, who I love dearly, became an alcoholic. ?Since I'm a lot like him in personality, I decided there could be some risk, so I don't drink at all anymore. ? ? ? ?

The reason I thought of this topic is because I really do have a colleague at work who is a heavy drinker and is going through menopause. ?She is in complete denial about all of the issues, such as growing older and developing a postive new view of yourself at middle age. ?She wants to remain age 30 even though she is 55. ?She takes so much estrogen that she still has heavy periods. ?I've tried to talk with her about the dangers of HRT, but she shuts me off completely. ?I know that she feels great after a few drinks, but she can't socialize at all unless there is alcohol, and then after she has a few, she gets raucous and loud and acts like she is a young girl. ?How do I know this? ?She loudly describes her after-work events to anyone who will listen, and these events always include plenty of alcohol. ? Other people have mentioned her behavior too. ?Even when she's sober at work, she seems desperate and on the edge. ?She just flips out if anyone mentions anything that she should be concerned with at her age. ?It's all about pretending to be 30 and not dealing with anything unpleasant. ? ? ?

I suppose you may think I should mind my own business, but since this website deals with concerns related to menopause, and since it could be very compelling to develop a drinking problem as we face middle age, I wondered what your input might be. ? ?

Sometimes it gets to me, too....not being "pretty" anymore, seeing my face and body change, realizing that people react to me differently than they did when I was young. ?I can certainly see why some women might want to have a few drinks. ?It doesn't hurt as much then. ??

If there are women out there who may be bordering on developing a problem with either alcohol or drugs as they face menopause, we could offer them some support here. ?It just might keep a few from going over the edge. ? ?

This website has already saved MY life and has made my menopause experience bearable when before, I might have gone insane. ?The knowledge I've gained here at all of the various boards is absolutely astonishing. ? ? ?

CSugarGrove, there actually was a topic I created in the Anxiety forum some time back -- Alcohol, Menopause and Anxiety. However, if you'd like, I will create a new topic per your request in the General Midlife Issues forum.  

By the way, I'm always open to discussing anything that has to do with women's issues at midlife, not just menopause because everything in our lives is touched by menopause, which is why so many of the guests aren't focused on menopause, but on other subjects that affect us all.

You'll see the new topic in General Midlife Issues by the time you can say Rumpelstiltskin! :):

Dearest

Would it be possible to start a new thread that allows those women who have gone through menoapause, completely without any hormone/natural therapies ?

My mother survived and still is,   and I feel I am going down the same path,   but am a little nervous as to what may lie ahead.

Basically I just want to know that it can be done,   within reason,   for those women who don't have severe symptoms.

There's a very comprehensive article in Power Surge's Educate Your Body area of the Web site. The article is: Hair Loss and Thinning At Menopause.

You can do a search of the entire site, of individual areas, of whatever you wish at: Search the Power Surge Web site. You'll find many references to hair loss in many areas - not just on these boards.

To search these boards, alone, simply click on "Search" at the top of each page.

Dearest

Dearest: Are we allowed to post for an expert in a certain location of the country. The V Book says there are vulvovaginal experts out there but they are so hard to find since they are under ob/gyn many times. I am needing one in the Philadelphia area and I have read your rules and don't see any rules against asking for someone to recommend one, yet I never see anyone doing it. Thanks for the reply in advance.

Dearest

First of all, I'd like to thank you for starting Power Surge. Not only is it a great community, it is truly global - I'm located in Sweden!

My question is: I would like to discuss the pros/cons of using the pill (mini or otherwise to reduce and regularise my periods. My GYNO has just recommended this and I want to hear other women's experiences before going ahead. I've previously discussed heavy menstrual flow issues under the appropriate topics (e.g. bleeding), but wonder whether 1) there is a specific topic on the pill 2) and if not, is it worth creating one (like the one on ablation)? I've seen discussions about the pill here and there on the boards, but not under any specific topic).

Thanks again!

Kirim, Hi and welcome to PS hun..

Have you checked in the Postmenopause ....and/or....Other Midlife..forums?

If you do not come accross any topic in there...I would bet that would probably be a good place to post your questions...

Please be advised that new topics can be created by members in most forums on these boards, but THE BASICS forum (this one) and a few others require a board administrator to create new topics.

Also, please don't create new topics until you've gone through the existing topics on any given forum to be sure one doesn't already exist. Even if you post in an old topic, the moment you post a message, it will bring that topic back to the top of the forum.

Thank you

Dearest

How do I find this reply to your post after it's posted? IMO this message board should be easy to navigate and pertain to a variety of nutrition topics for both men and women--diabetes, athletics, infection, neurologic health, etc.

IMO to stimulate creativity, this board requires more risk and less control.

Please e-mail me if you wish at czfz@hotmail.com.

Thanks. Carl

i certainly can't create a new topic in -Board / Site, Chat Room Info, Questions, Problems- where this post belongs... -Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum- does anyone have permission? are we supposed to have no problems?

i have left two messages in the topic 'having board problems?' in the above area, but no answer. i have asked this question in a couple of topics at random when my frustration level reached danger point.. no reply.

i am asking it again.

why can we not edit our own posts here. are we children who cannot be trusted to edit our own posts in an adult fashion? why is this?

i belong to another site where editing is allowed for 10 minutes after we post. if we wish to post another reply to the same thread, our previous post does not come up instead to be quoted as it does here. this really bugs the hell out of me!

so what's the answer?? someone? anyone? any clues?

i can be irritated enough without having to deal with irritation here as well..

Hi Zen,

Chill out.....I will attempt to try and help you.

MaryO is recuperating from a serious operation and Dearest is up to her eyeballs in health problems with her mother. Quite frankly, I highly doubt that your question would be high on their priority list right now. If you were in their shoes, I am sure it wouldn't be on yours either.

I don't know why you can't edit here. But I do know that you can "Preview Post" before you post it. You can catch mistakes that way.

And when you go to reply to a post.....what do you click on? The '+Quote' or "Reply? I click "Add Reply" which is just below those other two. I am not trying to sound like I know everything....I don't even know how to "quote" people on here. I just thought this might help you.

thankyou tots!

it does me no end of good to know i am not just being ignored here.. even someone without the answer is better than no response at all!

i did not know about Dearest and MaryO, i am sorry they are having personal difficulties, and agree with what you said on priorities.. but it surprises me to learn there are only 2 moderators on a site this large! maybe they should have a think about that when they are both on board again....

i don't use quote. i usually use 'add reply'

i will be patient. i say this to myself about a lot of things these days. sometimes it works. :blink:

i have just had a look at the 'Moderating Team' there are actually 6 or more...

Hey Zen

The moderators do the best job they can..and may I remind you ..this is a FREE site...you have tons and tons of info for FREE...if I were you I'd think about that before I went off complaining about something so small as an edit button....and certain forums are only for moderators to start new topics...Dearest has the right to decide what she wants ...after all ..it is HER site. And if an edit button is so important to you..and since you are so irritated on this site...maybe you'll be happier on the other site you are bragging about. And as far as you being ignored...do you realize how many member's are on Power-Surge....Dearest would have to devote herself day and night and 10 lifetimes to answer all our questions personally...If I were you ...I'd do what Tots said and take a chill-pill...the world does not revolve around you...get over yourself!

AA

Oh My Gosh~~I wish I had nothing more to worry about than editing problems :unsure: Life is such a rollercoaster, Mary and Dearest are in need of our kind thoughts at this time. Do like I do and preview your post first. Theres so many PS members on this board that it's very hard to see all the posts..my goodness I miss so many...so I don't think you're being ignored at all.

Hi Zen....

I feel for you. If you get that frustrated and aggrivated over and Edit button. I can`t even imagine what the rest of your life is like. Relax and take a deep breath. An edit button is not something to got all aggrivated over.

Take Care

Christina

HI Zen

Sorry you are having problems - what you need (and I need much of the time) is a 'pause' button in your head - it really works to visualise one

I get het about about little things - I often make silly mistakes in posts - but who cares??? I get sooooo much out of this site - I cant tell you how much - it is fantastic

I have no probelms about not being able to edit posts - I look at mine sometimes and think it must have been brain fog affecting my spelling

Chill and make the most of PS

Mele

Hi Zen

As one of the moderators of PS I do not have all the answers to your questions. Only administrators can start new topics where you were asking about. There really is no need for you to be able start a new topic there. As other members have said both MaryO and Dearest have more important things going on in their lives then to worry about such a trivial problem. Not being able to edit? Just preview your post...catch any mistakes that you can...if you miss some no big deal! We are all use to typos around here! As other members have said "chill". Life is too short to spend time worrying about editing and posting!

Cathy

oh good grief... i didn't mean to start an all out war here! was there really a need to give me so much hostility in return for my question?

yes.. indeed, this site has lost all it's appeal in the face of this kind of aggro... AnxietyAttack - maybe you should take your own advice...

i'm so very sorry to have sparked this kind of response. rest assured you have all made me feel really bad here this morning, thanks so much for that.... keep your little site. be happy.

Hi Zen,

If you are still here I think I can give you a technical answer to your questions.

1. You do appear to need special (probably Adminstrative) permission to create a new topic. I would imagine this is because of the number of people who use this site and the tendency to create a topic if one doesn't easily see a topic that fits. I know I have this challenge where I work. We end up with a big threaded mess.

2. I am guessing that the software used here may not have that nifty 10 minute feature you refered too. It is possible that providing edit in this software would allow one to edit any old posts. I think that is an issue legally but I couldn't get into the details.

Anyway, I hope that helps explain things for you.

zen....

I don`t think anyone here meant to make you feel bad. And I will speak for at least myself when I say..That I am very sorry if I did that to you....I guess it was the way you went about asking the question about the "Edit" button. It`s just that this is a extremely busy site and the people that run this site have so much to keep up with that I guess and Edit button is not that big of a concern. Being that there is more important issues here at hand.

I really do hope you stay here at PS...This is a wonderful place.

Again,Sorry about the bad feelings that you have experienced...

Take Care,

Christina