Forum Terms & Rules
Please take a few minutes to review the rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
1) This is a public forum. Please conduct yourself in the same courteous, respectful manner as you would in any public arena.
2) MESSAGES AND/OR MEMBER PROFILES LINKING OTHER MENOPAUSE SITES, COMMERCIAL, RELIGIOUS, E-COMMERCE, PORNOGRAPHIC, OR ANY OFFENSIVE SITES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY.
3) NO ADVERTISING. Messages advertising products, or linking to Web sites selling these products and services are not permitted - including other menopause sites.
4) Messages requesting participation in and information for surveys, books, newspaper, magazine articles, school papers, or theses are not permitted.
5) Profanity is not permitted on the board, in the blogs and in insta-chat, nor are links to sites containing pornography or anything offensive. Anything deemed to be inappropriate or harmful for viewing by children will be removed from these boards immediately. There have often been children or young relatives of women going through menopause looking for information to better understand, or to find information for relatives who may not be on the Internet.
6) Do not harass or attack other participants. Messages of a confrontational manner are not permitted and will be removed at the discretion of the Board Administrator. Continual harassment of any other member will result in the termination of your account. If you take issue with the nature or theory of a message, address the theory, but do not attack the person proposing the theory.
7) Multiple member names are not permitted use on these message boards. Masquerading as more than one person, or as a person of the opposite gender is strictly prohibited. Such accounts will be deleted by Administration. User names with "Doctor," "Dr." or "M.D." are not permitted to post on this board. Unless Power Surge is associated with a doctor or other health care practitioner, we have no way of knowing who you are or what your medical beliefs are. Our health care practitioners can be found in Ask The Experts, in the Transcript Library, and in articles in the Educate Your Body area of the Web site. If you are a doctor who wishes to be associated with Power Surge, please contact us at this link.
8) Those found to be harvesting E.mail addresses from these message boards for the purpose of selling products or sending out spam will have their account/username terminated immediately. Power Surge does not share or sell E.mail addresses of our members with anyone.[/b]
9) This is neither a religious nor political site. This is a non-sectarian and non-partisan community. We are women from every ethnic background. This community respects everyone's personal beliefs; however, discussions about, references to and proselytizing about religion (i.e., "Turn to God, HE will heal you," "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen," etc.), and links to religious sites are prohibited. The same holds true for political discussions.
10) Messages which do not comply with the Power Surge Message Board Guidelines will be removed at the discretion of the Board Administrator and members who disregard our guidelines may be banned from future participation without notice.
11) This message board can be read by anyone. It is also indexed by the various search engines. Avoid posting anything too personal, such as real name, address, telephone number, or anything you wouldn't want someone to read on the Internet.color>
12) It is strictly prohibited to reproduce or reprint copyright material -- articles, images (photos, avatars, icons), poetry, or any other copywritten material from any Web site, newspaper, magazine, newsletter or any other written format. Any such reproductions will be removed by the board administrator. This constitutes copyright infringement.
14) It is strictly prohibited to reproduce or reprint any material found on Power Surge on another Web site, in any newsletters, newspapers, magazines, or any written format, or at any public menopause groups, seminars, meetings without the express written permission of Power Surge.[/b] Doing so constitutes copyright infringement and will be dealt with legally.
15) Men are welcome in Power Surge and may post messages and start topics in the forum created especially for them, Men, This One Is For You! Since this is a site for women, and many women have expressed their discomfort with men interjecting comments into their personal discussions as many of their discussions may be regarding very personal and intimate issues they don't openly choose to discuss with the men in their lives, please post only in the above forum. Since men can read anything on the board, if there's a forum discussing a particular subject you'd like to comment on, feel free to create a similar topic in the forum specifically created for men.
16) If anyone takes exception to these guidelines, please do not discuss it on the boards, in insta-chat or in the blogs. Messages of such nature will be removed at the discretion of the Board Administrator. If you wish to comment on these guidelines, you can contact the Board Administrator.
17) Power Surge reserves the right to edit or delete any message that violates the guidelines of this board.
If you have any questions about these guidelines or how these message boards work, first check out the HELP area at the top of every page. If you can't find an answer to your question, visit the Board/Site Info, Questions, Problems topic or Email our technical support team and INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME AND THE SPECIFIC NATURE OF YOUR PROBLEM.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you enjoy the Power Surge Message Board. For newsletters, guest transcripts, FAQ's, resources, polls, Ask The Experts and a whole host more, be sure to visit the entire Power Surge Web site.
To get back to the Main Board at any time, click on Power-Surge Forums on the menu at the top of each page.
We'd love to meet you, so do stop by and introduce yourself on our Welcome, Introduce Yourself topic.
This Web site and these boards are a haven for support and friendship. They are NOT for salespeople pushing products. DON'T EVEN THINK OF ADVERTISING ON THIS BOARD!
**** ALTHOUGH VALIDATION OF E.MAIL ADDRESSES IS NO LONGER REQUIRED -- HEAVY ISP SPAM FILTERS ARE BECOMING AN INCREASING PROBLEM, STILL NEW MEMBERS ARE ADVISED THAT THIS BOARD IS MONITORED 24/7. THOSE VIOLATING THESE GUIDELINES WILL HAVE THEIR ACCOUNTS DELETED.