• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 RoundRobin

RoundRobin

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:36 PM

Ok...I did it...I changed my avatar from that dopey, sad-faced chick to a little witchy-looking little princessy thing.. I have Linderful to thank for this....a week or so ago, I was really feeling blue, and she remarked how "forlorn" my avatar looked. I never even thought about it when I picked it, but she was right!!! The more I looked at it, I said to myself, "why did I pick HER to represent me???"

Hey girls, maybe I'm making progess....

#2 linderful

linderful

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Reading, Internet, Woodwork, Quilting, Kvetching<br />&quot;{SLEEPING}&quot;

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hi RoundRobin;

I like your new Avatar. Mother Nature with an attitude!!!! Looks good on ya !

Linderful
"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am" ~ Anonymous[/b]

#3 Meryl

Meryl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 08:04 PM

Hey Robin! We're proud of you! I like it!
Your menobud

#4 sthrnstar1

sthrnstar1

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:I do photography as a hobby, weddings and such. I have 10 granchildren--6 boys and 4 girls that take up alot of my time,spoiling of course *S*

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:01 PM

What I wanna know is if there's a way we can upload our own avatars?

"Lord keep your arms around my shoulder & your hand over my mouth"

#5 linderful

linderful

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, Reading, Internet, Woodwork, Quilting, Kvetching<br />&quot;{SLEEPING}&quot;

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (sthrnstar1 @ Dec 28 2005, 09:01 PM)

I would like to know that as well. Especially seeing as so many different types of files are tolerated, like jpeg etc...

Linderful
"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am" ~ Anonymous[/b]

#6 RoundRobin

RoundRobin

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

lindeful: just wondering....do you like Janis Joplin?

#7 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (sthrnstar1 @ Dec 28 2005, 09:01 PM)

Dearest posted this message here: Board / Site, Chat Room Info, Questions, Problems

Laurie,

You didn't do anything wrong re uploading a picture. I simply don't allow uploading of personal images/avatars because, 1) There's always the danger of a virus and 2) I don't know where the images come from and am concerned about copyright infringement.

Neither means that a virus or copyright infringement would be intentional on the part of the member. However, if I allow one member to upload pictures, anyone who signs up for the board will be able to do it and we've had some problems with hackers signing up for the boards and creating havoc.

#8 sthrnstar1

sthrnstar1

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:I do photography as a hobby, weddings and such. I have 10 granchildren--6 boys and 4 girls that take up alot of my time,spoiling of course *S*

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:00 AM

Ya know i never thought of it that way...but I can completly understand it...thanks for answering the question

"Lord keep your arms around my shoulder & your hand over my mouth"

#9 linderful

linderful

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (RoundRobin @ Dec 28 2005, 10:10 PM)
lindeful:  just wondering....do you like Janis Joplin?

Yes; I do like Janice Joplin. I loved her raspy, get in your face kind of voice and the raw elements of her lyrics and performances. I must admit that I don't know all of Janice's work, but what I have heard, thrills me.

Linderful

#10 linderful

linderful

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 833 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(RoundRobin @ Dec 28 2005, 10:10 PM)
lindeful: just wondering....do you like Janis Joplin?

Yes; I do like Janice Joplin. I loved her raspy, get in your face kind of voice and the raw elements of her lyrics and performances. I must admit that I don't know all of Janice's work, but what I have heard, thrills me.

Linderful

I also really like Cat Stevens, Renaissance, Neil Young, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Spirit, Harmonium, 10CC, Al Stewart, Roxy Music, Joanie Mitchell, Seal, Lighthouse Family, The BEATLES (of course) and in Classical Music, I like Khacheturnian, Mozart, Handel, Arvo Part, Beethoven, and Chopin. When in comes to Christmas music, I like only the Sacred music. The Secular stuff of Jingle bells et al, I can happily leave unheard. I like the Sacred music because I have sung in choirs pretty much my whole life except for the last 4 years when I gave up singing due to my being too unpredictable and unreliable to the choir.

Talk to you later.

Linderful (Linda)

#11 RoundRobin

RoundRobin

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:08 PM

Hey linderful: Sorry I didn't respond earlier...I just got back from the ER...I sliced open my finger cutting onions....had to get a tetanus shot! Now I can barely type---back to the old hunt and peck.

We have similar tastes in music. Janis is my all time favorite...I have everything she ever recorded; even some bootlegs that I got from a trading group in Canada (2 guys who had old reel-to-reel concert footage and tranferred it to disk.) I started listening to her in my thirties, although I remember seeing her on the Ed Sullivan show when I was eight. I can't remember clearly when she died...it was so close to Jimi Hendrix's death (3 weeks after.) She would have been 63 this January 19th.

There is a play touring the States called "love, Janis", after a book her sister published with all the letters Janis wrote while on the road. I saw it three years ago in New York City. It was incredible....like being transported back in time...

If you google her name, you'll find her website----very cool...

Well, gotta run...finger is starting to throb!!!!

Peace,
RR

#12 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Violin, Music, Sports, and yes my favorite--God.

Posted 30 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

I would like to have an avatar of an Oak tree, not just the leaf. I am Oak Leaf. Could you add a nice looking tree to your gallery? Even a cute one with a smiley face would be nice.

#13 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:11 PM

Woot-woot, a tree! biggrin.gif Thank you!

#14 Meryl

Meryl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:15 PM

Yes, the new ones are great! Thanks!
Your menobud

#15 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

The anime ones just are not my thing. The GPB comunity pack was too simple for my tastes.

#16 Bigheart

Bigheart

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:I just got married June 14, 2008 to a wonderful man that I'm not ashamed to say I met on-line. We dated for a little over a year before he proposed. I am so happy to have found this strong man of God. He is a true blessing to me and my family.

I have 3 adult children and 4 grandkids and they are also wonderful. Menopause has taught me so much about myself. One of the most important things it has taught me is that I can endure suffering and still keep my character. I didn't let it change who I am. I still consider myself to be a strong woman who has had lots of knock-downs, but no knock-outs. I can still rise after the fight of my life.

I'm older, wiser and thank God I look good in a wedding dress, LOL.

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

I love my new heart.

Patrice

Patrice

#17 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

I'll keep watching those avatars. New ones up keep popping up. Maybe a even more complete tree will eventually turn up.

There is one small bug that has turned up. My computer keeps blocking some kind of pop up.

#18 Snowmoon56

Snowmoon56

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,920 posts
  • Location:Midway in the journey of my life I found myself in a dark woods, for the straight way was lost. Dante

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:38 PM

I found a new too! Thanks!
I wanted you to know that I've entered the SNAPDRAGON part of my life. Part of me has snapped --and the rest of me is draggin!

#19 karma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:I finally left my hub, and I'm happy to be alive. I have a new boyfriend, and I'm really, really, happy.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

I think I like my new look!!!!The new avatars are cool!!! cool.gif

Cris smile.gif
Karmageddon (n.): It's when everybody is
sending off all these
really bad vibes, and then the Earth explodes and
it's a serious bummer

mz*cris

#20 mrsb76

mrsb76

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  • Interests:I love to knit, I'm also a reader and I work too much! I'd love to have more time at home with DH.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

Very cool! Reminds me of the time I spent in Arizona with my mom last summer!

Thanks for the new ones! Nice to change it up now and again. biggrin.gif
Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. John Quincy Adams

#21 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

So glad you like the additional avatars.

Anyone who wants to change her/his avatar can do so by simply clicking on My Controls on the menu at the top of the board. Then, on the left side under Personal Profile, click on Edit Avatar Settomgs. Use the drop-down menu to look through the various libraries.

Dearest

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#22 moonlight

moonlight

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the new avatars....variety is always nice. smile.gif

*Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.* ~Leo Buscaglia~

#23 arla

arla

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:52 AM

Reading the posts are even more enjoyable with the new avatars and new bright colours. Thanks.

#24 iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:creating images in Paint Shop Pro, cross-stitch, reading murder mysteries.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

Thank you, Dearest for the new avatars!! Sometimes, it's hard to choose one that goes with my name but this one, I think, looks like love and it looks light-hearted enough to go with the 'laff' part. Thank you! Cool!!

Hot Flashes are a way of life!

3B Digital Art

My Domestic Violence Blog

#25 che che

che che

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Interests:I truly enjoy the simple things in life, Always have. Being with Family &amp; Good friends makes for a perfect day!<br />Love to cook, always playing in the kitchen.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:15 PM

Thank you so much Dearest!!

It just keeps getting better and better here at power surge....If that's possible smile.gif

Love,
Lynda
May you dream in color

#26 sberz69

sberz69

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Love to fish,camp, did city league sports until three years ago. I'm a crafter addicted to hgtv and diy channels. Been married for 35 years have three kids 2 sons and a daughter and 8 grandkids.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (che che @ Jul 20 2006, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you so much Dearest!!

It just keeps getting better and better here at power surge....If that's possible smile.gif

Love,
Lynda

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, but I couldn't find it. How can you tell if an avatar is already being used? I wanna play too!!!!! Thanks Dearest!!! You're the best!!!!!!!! Shelley

#27 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

Shelley, you already have an avatar so you're "playing".

Certainly some people will have to use the same avatars as others. I'm sure that there isn't space to store over 23,000 images on this server so that everyone could have a private avatar.

Change and choices are always nice, though. Thanks, Dearest for always updating the site and adding new features smile.gif

#28 sberz69

sberz69

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Love to fish,camp, did city league sports until three years ago. I'm a crafter addicted to hgtv and diy channels. Been married for 35 years have three kids 2 sons and a daughter and 8 grandkids.

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (MaryO @ Jul 24 2006, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shelley, you already have an avatar so you're "playing".

Certainly some people will have to use the same avatars as others. I'm sure that there isn't space to store over 23,000 images on this server so that everyone could have a private avatar.

Change and choices are always nice, though. Thanks, Dearest for always updating the site and adding new features smile.gif

I just figured out how to bring avatars up. For some reason my computer wouldn't show the actual avatars. Had friend re-do my old home page and download newer program. Now I can see avatars. Thats why I was sooo confused.(Even more than usual!!!) Thanks for your quick response and have a wonderful day!!!!!! Shelley

#29 Tots

Tots

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, genealogy, music, dancing, some sports and the extreme desire to survive this hormonal stuff...:)

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:17 PM

Hey sberz69......what program did your friend update for you? I can't see all the avatars either with my computer. Even when I view the gallery, only a small portion show up for me.

Thanks! smile.gif

#30 sberz69

sberz69

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Tots @ Jul 25 2006, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey sberz69......what program did your friend update for you? I can't see all the avatars either with my computer. Even when I view the gallery, only a small portion show up for me.

Thanks! smile.gif

That was why I was soooooooo confused, I thought it was a guessing game on what you got. Of course I knew better than that , But I am computer DUMB!!!!!! Anyway it's called Mozilla Firefox. I don't know how he got me on it. So if you can't figure it out let me know, he will be here at work Friday and I"ll get the "how to" from him. Good luck and let me know what happens. Shelley