Power Surge Member Picture Gallery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 Thirdseason

Thirdseason

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, caring for grandchildren and church involvement.

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Thirdseason @ Jan 17 2007, 04:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif Wow ladies, I'm new here to the site, and new to menopause as well. I had surgery last week and it put me into acute, instant menopause. So here I am in the wee hours of the A.M. not able to sleep, and consequently I found you. Now let me just say that ... I'm wowed by how goo your pictures looked, you all look to not old!! In short, I'm impressed, you look beautiful. I guess menopause isn't going to shrivel me up after all tongue.gif ... WHEW!

Okay sorry ladies, I'm sleep deprived. Is there an edit button here? Your pic's looked good, not goo tongue.gif . And I want to be just like you as I grow into the third season of my life.

#122 julief

julief

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

COTTONHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AT LAST!

GREAT TO SEEYA GIRLFRIEND XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Julie x

#123 joliejacq

joliejacq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

Me, too, so glad to see Cotten! smile.gif

Isn't she beautiful, Julie?

JJ
The sky and sun are always there; it's the storms and clouds that come and go.
<br />- Pema Chodron

#124 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:39 AM

I've noticed that many of you are putting pictures in your message board profiles. Why not E.mail me your picture to be included in the Power Surge Gallery It would be nice for everyone to see you in the gallery smile.gif

Send a larger picture than those you are using for your profiles and be sure to include your User Name when you E.mail them to me at Dearest@aol.com -- also please just send a picture of yourself.

Dearest

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#125 joliejacq

joliejacq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

Aw, Webalina, there you are! smile.gif You're beautiful!

So nice to see a picture with the name...

(((HUGS)))

JJ
The sky and sun are always there; it's the storms and clouds that come and go.
<br />- Pema Chodron

#126 momzoffour

momzoffour

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, write, garden, go for hikes in the woods, cook, laugh, antique shop, daydream....turned 53 and feeling like there is a light at the end of the tunnel......up to 3 grand babies and loving life......

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

Ladies.
WOW-zy..what a vibrant, lovely, young-looking bunch of women you all are!!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes, when posting, it's at a moment when I feel somewhat akin to an ugle old orgre with the symptoms to match and in turn, "hear" from so many that have that "I'm old and useless and overlooked and unneeded" opinion of ourselves......yet look at you all! WE ARE WOMEN HEAR US ROAR....BRING IT ONE 20/30 SOEMTHINGS.....lol....will be looking for a suitable enough picture to join the ranks!

Hugs to one and all,
Momz

#127 momzoffour

momzoffour

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, write, garden, go for hikes in the woods, cook, laugh, antique shop, daydream....turned 53 and feeling like there is a light at the end of the tunnel......up to 3 grand babies and loving life......

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (momzoffour @ Jun 7 2007, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ladies.
WOW-zy..what a vibrant, lovely, young-looking bunch of women you all are!!!! I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes, when posting, it's at a moment when I feel somewhat akin to an ugle old orgre with the symptoms to match and in turn, "hear" from so many that have that "I'm old and useless and overlooked and unneeded" opinion of ourselves......yet look at you all! WE ARE WOMEN HEAR US ROAR....BRING IT ONE 20/30 SOEMTHINGS.....lol....will be looking for a suitable enough picture to join the ranks!

Hugs to one and all,
Momz

CORRECTION: that should read: "ugly old ogre"....been gardening all afternoon/evening...the fingers are a bit stiff!

#128 bluewillow

bluewillow

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Quilting, sewing, reading, outdoor activities with my wonderful husband, loving my two grandsons and anxiously awaiting a granddaughter in August 2010, hugging my three granddogs and two grandcats, figuring out menopause, breast cancer survivor and doing great!!!

Posted 08 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hey there everyone!!! YOU ALL ARE SOOOOO GORGEOUS AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! The Gallery is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!

HUGS AND LOVE TO ALL!! smile.gif

Mary Jo (bluewillow)

#129 Webalina

Webalina

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Film fanatic, baseball nut, love to read, love to eat, learning (slowly but surely) to play piano. Diligently working on my family tree -- my pedigree appears to be mutt at this point. Would like to travel much more than I do -- I hear France calling me every May during the Cannes Film Festival. Unapologetic liberal. Causes I care deeply for include conservation and ecology, women's reproductive rights, and education reform.

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (joliejacq @ Jun 7 2007, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw, Webalina, there you are! smile.gif You're beautiful!

So nice to see a picture with the name...

(((HUGS)))

JJ

Garsh! *blush*. Thanks for the nice words. I wish I felt beautiful. Maybe one day, when all this peri insanity is over... Actually my face isn't normally that red. I was at the end of a long day at The Texas Scottish Festival in Dallas. Hot, but a blast. Big muscular guys in kilts throwing heavy objects. Life may get better than that, but I don't know how!

I like your picture too, JJ. You look sassy!

Yeah, I love the gallery! I wish more people would put their pics up. But then it took me two years, so I guess I don't really have room to talk. It's kinda like talking to people on the phone. You get a picture of them in your head, and then when you see them you go "Huh!?!?" But you're all gorgeous! It's so funny that 50 years ago women of our general age looked like they were 80. Now 50 looks like 30. Too cool.
Webalina
"Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther." -- Orison Marden

#130 Webalina

Webalina

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,080 posts
  • Interests:Film fanatic, baseball nut, love to read, love to eat, learning (slowly but surely) to play piano. Diligently working on my family tree -- my pedigree appears to be mutt at this point. Would like to travel much more than I do -- I hear France calling me every May during the Cannes Film Festival. Unapologetic liberal. Causes I care deeply for include conservation and ecology, women's reproductive rights, and education reform.

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:07 AM

I was just going through the gallery again (it's 2:00am -- what else is there to do, right?), and I've decided that you all cheated with your pictures. I think you all sent in pictures from college, and I think I even spot a prom picture or two. laugh.gif That's the only way you could all be looking this good.

I've always heard that menopausal women are supposed to be old and wrinkled and haggard. And lookee here -- not a one like that in the bunch. There's actually a good and bad side to that. The good side is that we see now that menopause only makes us THINK it's dragging us down physically, when in reality it's just mental drag. But on the bad side, we all look so good that nobody probably believes us when we complain about how horrible peri is making us feel. Oh well...take the bad with the good and ROCK ON!
Webalina
"Go as far as you can see. When you get there, you will see farther." -- Orison Marden

#131 Drea

Drea

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:58 AM

LOL, webalina!

Didn't even make it to my prom, no man would be seen with me! You are tooooo funny!

Hugs! Rock on, INDEED!

Drea

#132 Webalina

Webalina

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Drea @ Jun 10 2007, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL, webalina!

Didn't even make it to my prom, no man would be seen with me! You are tooooo funny!

Hugs! Rock on, INDEED!

Drea

I know the feeling. I actually thought the whole idea of prom was pretty lame, and it's a good thing too, as no one even pretended they wanted to go with me. I was a mess in high school -- no self-esteem, no social skills, extreme acne, glasses, good grades. All the qualities one needs for high school popularity. Not to mention that my interests in music, movies etc. were of the different drummer variety, which made me even more of a misfit. Thank god I outgrew all that -- except the low self-esteem, lack of social skills, glasses and oddball interests.....well, at least the acne is gone!

Good luck to all you lovely ladies out there!
Webalina

#133 dcamp

dcamp

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:51 AM

Speaking of proms rolleyes.gif . I wasn't allowed to date in high school. There were only girls in our family and my dad thought that all boys were up to no good. I had a "telephone" boyfriend. He called when dad was at work and my mom was ok with it. Occasionally, he was allowed to come over and sit on the front porch for an hour or so (after my dad went to bed). Anyway---my mom let me go to the prom. Bf picked me up at a friend's house and brought me back there after. Poor mom, bless her heart, she was a nervous wreck over it all weekend.

But here's an even better story. I went to an all girls catholic high school. All of the girls were expected to attend the prom. If you didn't have a date, there were certain days when the nuns arranged to have boys "shipped" over from the local boys catholic high schools. The nuns served cookies and juice in the library and sent the poor dateless girls in to mingle. More or less you were not supposed to come out of the library until you hooked up with someone and had a date for prom. Can you imagine???? What were they thinking? Today there would probably be a law suit in there somewhere. biggrin.gif

Anyway, I looked at the gallery again today after quite awhile. We're all simply Maahhvelous!
WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

#134 senecaguns

senecaguns

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:are many

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (CathyW @ Nov 10 2005, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww thank -you Dearest rolleyes.gif You just made my day! I'm just teasing these other women. I might send in a pic after I get my roots touched up...get my chin hairs waxed and so on and so on tongue.gif or maybe not laugh.gif

#135 royalina

royalina

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:20 AM

I think this is a very exciting idea for Power Surge! tongue.gif tongue.gif