• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 leanne0721

leanne0721

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:34 PM

Dearest has put up a picture gallery for those of us on PS that want to put a face behind the "type". Eventually, it will be a formal board. If you'd like to share your picture with us, you can send it to: Dearest@aol.com. In the meantime, you can view the current pics at : http://power-surge.com/gallery/psgallery.htm
Leanne

#2 mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:52 PM

Leann thanks for the post i think that is a good idea so every one can put a face with the name. mommy
Misty

#3 mommyoftwo

mommyoftwo

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:30 PM

Jacquie Is that a picture of you in there with the cat? Misty(mommy)
Misty

#4 Kleeo

Kleeo

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING I can hold an interest in these days! :)

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:16 PM

I think this is a very exciting idea for Power Surge! Tons of fun seeing who we have been sharing our thoughts and feelings with! What a great addition to the boards! Thanks!
'Kleeo'

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
Charles M. Schulz

#5 joliejacq

joliejacq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

Hi Misty, Yes, that's me with "Marie-Louise," one of my regal kitties! My granddaughter and I had just dressed her up in some doll clothes - she is the most patient kitty! Looking forward to seeing the "final" gallery, with lots more faces! Jacquie
The sky and sun are always there; it's the storms and clouds that come and go.
<br />- Pema Chodron

#6 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:13 PM

I've just updated the gallery with a few more pictures I've received. Remember, if you want to be included, E.mail the picture to me by clicking on the E.mail icon at the bottom of this message. And... please be kind enough to run a virus check on your computer before sending your photo. I'm so leary about downloading files these days. Thanks <!--emo&:D--><!--endemo-->Dearest

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#7 Meryl

Meryl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:04 PM

You must not have liked the picture I sent you! (ducking!)
Your menobud

#8 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:42 PM

Originally posted by Meryl

You must not have liked the picture I sent you!  (ducking!)

Hehehehe! Cackle, cackle. It was... errrr... be-witching! (ducking)!

- Helen Keller

#9 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:42 PM

Originally posted by Dearest

Originally posted by Meryl

You must not have liked the picture I sent you!? (ducking!)

Hehehehe! Cackle, cackle. It was... errrr... be-witching! (ducking)!

This one I have to see!

#10 Meryl

Meryl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:17 AM

I'll send it to you, Mary! Love the flying witch!
Your menobud

#11 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 07:30 AM

I would like to update the member gallery with a few more pictures I've received. If you haven't sent yours in yet, please do. You can E.mail your picture to me by clicking on the E.mail icon at the bottom of this message. Please do not include pictures with husbands, friends and especially children. I wouldn't want any children to be vulnerable to the predators that lurk online. Be sure to include your username in your E.mail.

Also, please run a virus check on the file before sending your photo. This is not to say that anyone would intentionally send a file with a virus, but I'm very leary about downloading files these days.

Thanks biggrin.gif
Dearest

- Helen Keller

#12 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:30 PM

You all wanted a photo gallery of members -- where are all the pictures?

- Helen Keller

#13 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything to do with the outdoors, gardening, canning,cooking,(hate to bake though)camping, hunting, fishing (live in Minnesota gotta do that! ) Crafts, animals, of course kids, traveling...Oh boy, the list goes on and on...Question is, do I do them now?

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:30 AM

Dearest...Are you still doing this?
There is always hope, sometimes we just need to borrow some from our friends

#14 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:52 AM

It appears that no one except the very few first people, is sending in any pictures.

#15 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything to do with the outdoors, gardening, canning,cooking,(hate to bake though)camping, hunting, fishing (live in Minnesota gotta do that! ) Crafts, animals, of course kids, traveling...Oh boy, the list goes on and on...Question is, do I do them now?

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

Ok, I would enjoy seein more, and Ill get one off to her then..

Its funny, at least I think so,...the gals I have spoken on the phone with and have exchanged pictures with....had an imagine of me being a heavy set, African American Momma...(though I do have that Nationlity... it isnt prominant in my physical features....) Like Queen Lateetha! :chomp: "Lateifa"

#16 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 12:26 PM

HEY Meno Manics!!!!!!! Get your mug shots in here!!!!!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif cool.gif

#17 Tots

Tots

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, genealogy, music, dancing, some sports and the extreme desire to survive this hormonal stuff...:)

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:31 PM

OK....I'm sending one in.....nose and all!!! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#18 rendy

rendy

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing are my favorites. Walks in the forest and along the beach aren't bad either.

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

The pictures were great to look at. Thanks for finding this DaMomma!
"Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul." Samuel Ullman

#19 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

Actually che che said she saw it on here somewhere so I went a searchin.... I like to be able to put faces with names...Rendyroo..u gonna send yours in? PAWEEEEEZE! All the rest of ya gals..come on...theres some gals on here you will see that have been here awhile!!!!!! biggrin.gif

#20 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:14 AM

KID!!!..aka Tots you CLOWN!! laugh.gif

#21 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:23 AM

Come on gals,..get yer pics sent in....!!!!! smile.gif

#22 Tots

Tots

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Grandkids, genealogy, music, dancing, some sports and the extreme desire to survive this hormonal stuff...:)

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:24 AM

I'm supposed to be a reindeer laugh.gif . I have antlers on my head biggrin.gif .

#23 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:27 AM

Now Im being Muggers..hehehehehe....I didnt notice them! I thought it they were just a part of your plant and something on the fridge! hehehe

#24 CathyW

CathyW

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:29 AM

Hey Tots and DaMomma great to "see" you!! biggrin.gif

#25 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:59 AM

So like ....When do WE get to SEE you?!~!! Huh, caffywaffy? huh huh?

#26 CathyW

CathyW

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:37 AM

DaMomma I knew you would ask that tongue.gif Lets just say it will be a cold day you know where before I send my pic in blink.gif No pictures of Caffy Waffy sorry biggrin.gif

#27 Tots

Tots

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 12:19 PM

Oh for crying out loud!!! I sent in a picture looking like a complete idiot!! tongue.gif .

Come on girls!!!!!

#28 DaMomma

DaMomma

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 01:17 PM

WHAT?! ohmy.gif CAFFY!!!!!!!! PAWEEEEEZZZZEEEEE wub.gif

Maybe our paths will cross, and we know each other then!!!!! Come on.....

#29 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:17 PM

A new picture was added - not Cathy's, though smile.gif

#30 CathyW

CathyW

Super Surgette

• Members