Finding Posts

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 alice3

alice3

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:Needlecraft, cardmaking, gardening (if my back lets me)...getting my life back!

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:32 AM

No, I like my anonimity. I worry that someone I know may recognise me, bring up all my posts and see what I said on my off days! ohmy.gif
If I've thought it... it's a fact!

#32 boyzmom

boyzmom

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:35 AM

exactly!!
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
- e.e. cummings

#33 CAULSES

CAULSES

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:56 PM

The few times I have been in the chat room there is nobody there does any know how to use that room? If you do let me know?

#34 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:33 PM

If you're talking about the main chatroom at http://www.power-surge.com/chat.htm there are usually people there on Thursday nights starting about 8:3- PM eastern or so. You can arrange with others to meet in there at any time.

To use the chatroom, just type in the little text entry line and hit your Enter bar on your keyboard, or the send button in the room. Yout text will show up in the room.

The process for the InstaChat is the same. You'll get the hang of it right away smile.gif

#35 kathlene

kathlene

Newbie Surgette

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:07 PM

I am only 38- My my mother went through men- 0 -pause ( that's what she like to call it- taking a pause from men) she went through it at 32- my older sister went throught at 35- so my family history is early menopause- I have no idea what is happeing to me my periods are almost torture and all I do is cry- consider my strong females in my family ,tell me to get over it- I am sweating in in my office I have the air conditioning on 60- I am not sure if this is menapause, my gyno tells me I have a couple of more yrs, even after I tell him about my family history.The women in my family are very strong, I only found out about my sister going therough at 35( after pressing it) which she would not admit- ( like pulling teeth-lol)We are strong irish women-we do not think pain is an inconvience(spelling?) There is no one I can talk to, all my girlfriends have already been through it or in thier too young -- WHAT SO I SO-- by the way HI MY NAME IS KATHLENE- I live in florida- whe- thank you for your time- please help

#36 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:59 PM

If you don't want anything personal known about yourself, you have complete control over that. You don't have to create a profile.

Unfortunately, this message board along with every other message board on the Internet is considered, "Public Domain." What with the various search engines, such as Google going through this message board and indexing messages and information for their search engine, it's entirely possible that anything you post "publicly" can pop up in one of the search engines.

I've always made it a point not to get too personal in any of my messages with the knowledge that this information is not entirely private.

My suggestion would be to select a username that won't be identified with you. Never, under any circumstances, should you use your real name as your username. Also, never post your real name, address, phone number, E.mail address OR anything that's very personal that you'd prefer keeping private. Remember, too, that despite Power Surge's Privacy Statement, I can't promise that if you post your E.mail address, that some marketing people who sign up for the board, or anyone looking to harvest E.mail addresses for their mailing lists - can't grab your E.mail address if you've posted it or opted to make it public and bombard you with E.mail. They won't get it from Power Surge. I don't give away or sell any information about Power Surge's members. That's also why the default on these boards is to keep members E.mail addresses private. You have control over that.

I don't see anything wrong with posting messages about what you're feeling -- even if it's on the intimate forums, such as Sexuality and Libido. However, you have nothing to be concerned about if your username isn't easily identifiable. I would also avoid using the same username if you post on various sites' message boards.

Years ago, even before there was Windows, I belonged to various local Bulletin Boards. The Internet was different then - it was almost a sacred, private place. Today, thins are different. We have very little privacy.

So, I recommend that if you don't want something *known* about you, don't post it on any public message board. That doesn't mean that you have to become paranoid about sharing your feelings and thoughts. However, a little discretion is always the wisest way to go.

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#37 CathyW

CathyW

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:43 AM

O.K is anybody else having trouble with insta-chat? It just keeps refreshing itself. <_<

#38 Mommy

Mommy

Surgette

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:00 PM

I just get the blank screen -- all white -- on instachat. Hi cathy from mommy! Cathy -- on the I/M i am kareninator

#39 CathyW

CathyW

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

Thanks not sure what I/M is...I'm really computer challenged. Just sent you a personal message with my e-mail address is you have MSN. Missing my insta-chat today!

#40 Lassie

Lassie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hi Cathy and Mommy,
Looks like instant chat is not working, it's not you. Cathy, I/M stands for Instant Messenger.
Dee

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! What a Ride!"

#41 CathyW

CathyW

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:08 PM

Thanks DEE!! biggrin.gif

#42 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:58 PM

Yup, insta-chat was down for a bit today. Happens every now and then. Insta-chat isn't on the Power Surge Web site's server. I intentionally arranged it that way because chats of any nature, insta-chat or regular chat rooms, are persnickety, so this way the whole board and site isn't affected by the insta-chat's moods (must be going through menopause).

Dearest

P.S. Cathy, I owe you a PM - thanks for the heads up on that post. Much appreciated as are you biggrin.gif

- Helen Keller

#43 Guest_Gez_*

Guest_Gez_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

I can't get into the insta-chat - is anyone else having problems?

Thanks in advance.

Gez

#44 Guest_Gez_*

Guest_Gez_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Gez @ May 8 2007, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't get into the insta-chat - is anyone else having problems?

Thanks in advance.

Gez

Hello. ..I'm very sorry I've led you to read this post.....I've sorted out the problem...

#45 joscrolls

joscrolls

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Woodworking, camping, reading, hiking, canoeing.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

Is there a time when eveyone chats..like a scheduled chat? I see there used to be guest chats, but it's discontinued...do folks still chat Thursday night?
Jo

#46 zen

zen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

has this feature been removed now? or is it just me? blink.gif
this is life..

#47 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

Still there, Zen smile.gif

#48 zen

zen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

so the Insta Chat window is still here? i just don't have it... had it one day last week, but then it disappeared...
this is life..

#49 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:27 AM

yes - lots of people are chatting right now:
Cottenhead Tue, 1:44AM : strange spa...
cottenhead Tue, 1:44AM : it was a strange to say the least spa.. it was a bout doing things .. well to get rid of your fears and letting go of issues in your life
M&M Tue, 1:43AM : I was taking a nap during Oprah...so I could be refreshed at the Irish Bar tonight
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:43AM : Miraval spa......they went flying in a harness
cottenhead Tue, 1:42AM : oprah... she was saying my va jay jay is really hurting....and gayle groaned when she was off the ladder and all the straps pulled up..
M&M Tue, 1:42AM : uhhh...what was the topic on Oprah??
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:41AM : Oh Oprah or gayles LOL
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:41AM : I mised the vajayjay part Cotten..waht was that about....and whose???
Tots Tue, 1:41AM : OMG...here we go.....LMAO
cottenhead Tue, 1:41AM : tight harness i quess
cottenhead Tue, 1:40AM : so funny about the va jay jay.. lol
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:40AM : lol, tots..
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:39AM : Yes I saw Oprah cotten...i wouldnt have done it either..i give gayle credit....i think oprah was a bit scared too but what could she do ..it was her show..she had to do it
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:39AM : oh, wow...that would be awesome, M.....wow....i am smiling now.....and crying...
cottenhead Tue, 1:39AM : i heard that on Et.. she is hoping too...
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:39AM : no...i missed oprah
M&M Tue, 1:39AM : I understand China...when you feel better..just go and celebrate the fact that you are better..that is what I did
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:39AM : Fergie the duchess is gonna host...get outta here...really
Tots Tue, 1:38AM : throne call...brb
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:38AM : Oh I thought you meant a party on chat M...LOL.....but I would have come to your house LOL
cottenhead Tue, 1:38AM : did anyone watch oprah?? i laughed so hard ...gayle..lol i wouldnt be as brave tho...
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:38AM : i got married in jamaica, M
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:37AM : M, my g/f and her hubby ask me to go with them on a crusie, but the way i am feeling, i feel like i just couldn't do it, ya know, with all the anxiety
cottenhead Tue, 1:37AM : duchess
M&M Tue, 1:37AM : AA...you could have came...but it was all relatives..everyone came but my bro & family near your house..
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:36AM : i love the islands, M....i went to jamaica, puerto rico, bahamas....i just loved it..best time in the world..i would love a carribean cruise...
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:36AM : Ferige the singer???? or the duchess????
cottenhead Tue, 1:36AM : oh .. for sure it is.. a voting contest.. i think it should be like dancing with the stars.. you only get as many votes as contestants are left..
Tots Tue, 1:36AM : they are all good singers...they really wouldn't have made it that far if they weren't....
M&M Tue, 1:35AM : China...you would love a Caribbean Cruise...palmtrees....partying 24/7
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:35AM : you had a party here on Mothers day....and i wasnt invited ....WAAAAAAAAAAAA
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:35AM : it does seem to be that everyone loves that guy!!, tots..
cottenhead Tue, 1:35AM : so do you think fergie will be a host??
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:35AM : i hear ya, tots...
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:35AM : I love the View...they crack me up
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:35AM : lol. M
Tots Tue, 1:34AM : China...it's also a popularity contest regardless of what Simon says smile.gif
M&M Tue, 1:34AM : The View was just like my party here on Mothers Day...everyone talking and laughing...no one listening...LOL
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:34AM : M do alot of people just give you the keys to their house
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:33AM : Oh can you watch tv if they are not home M?
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:33AM : hey, do you guys think that guy blake, i think that is his name, is that good, to have been in the finals here?
M&M Tue, 1:33AM : no while working I had the TV off....clients were at location
Tots Tue, 1:33AM : I will if I can cotten....
cottenhead Tue, 1:33AM : oh.. HI MM... hugs
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:32AM : M, it must have been beautiful....i would love to take a cruise, but i always felt that i would not be able to stay on the ship for any length of time, and plus i know i would be sea sick
cottenhead Tue, 1:32AM : i want jorden too... worry about melinda tho.... tots you vote for me KK
ChinaGirl Tue, 1:31AM : oh..i see...
M&M Tue, 1:31AM : our excursion cities were: Skagway, Ketchikan, Juneau, Glacier Bay & Vancouver
cottenhead Tue, 1:31AM : no. girl and guy
AnxietyAttack Tue, 1:31AM : Oh wow cotten...

#50 zen

zen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

i am so very pleased to know it's there for you and others....

any practical suggestions as to why it's not on my screen too?
this is life..

#51 zen

zen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:39 AM

btw... MaryO.. you are admin? so why a huge quote like that, and no help offered?
this is life..

#52 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:26 AM

I didn't offer any help because I don't know why others can see the InstaChat and you can't. For me to offer any suggestions on that would be just guesses on my part.

You can always contact us at: http://www.power-sur.../contactUs.php3 and see if there are any answers there but it seems like an issue with your computer and the InstaChat software.

#53 zen

zen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:16 AM

thankyou...
this is life..

#54 kipissippi

kipissippi

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (zen @ May 16 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thankyou...

You all saved my sanity a couple of years ago when my cholesterol skyrocketed and my "not so smart" Doctors never mentioned that it might be menopause that was causing it. After reading so many other gals stories about losing weight, getting fit and still have cholesterol go crazy, I didn't feel alone anymore. So.... I took herbals, went on a low salt, low fat, low sugar diet and l got my cholesterol down.

I was sailing along being quite healthy...accept for the pain in my chest when I would lift heavy buckets to feed my horses. For FOUR years my cardiologist would pat me on the head and tell me I was "Just fine". I got a blood pressure cuff. It got to the point that I would barely make it to my recliner from the barn. I slapped the cuff on and it wouldn't even register for about 10 minutes (not a good sign) when it did, ...it was 196 over 129. Then I knew I was neither crazy or a whiner.

I went back to the doctor and when he gave me the same ole BS I went ballistic. I knew I wasn't "just fine". In fact I was pretty sure I was dying. It was escalating so quickly it scared the hell out of me...I wasn't sure if I could make it even a few more weeks. The weird part about it is that within 30 minutes, if I sat quietly, the BP would come down and that horrid pain and breathlessness would go away. All the doctor would see is me being fine....he never listened to what I was telling him.

This time I threw a hissy fit. I KNEW I wasn't "just fine" and I wasn't going to let him get away with patting me on the head and sending me home....I knew I would die if I let him do that to me. He got pissy and said that the only thing left was a angiogram (like I wouldn't want to do it!) I said DO IT! ALL off the other tests were negative. Guess what ladies? Those tests don't mean diddly squat.

He came around the curtain after my angiogram and I said " I TOLD you!" (the angiogram showed two two inch long blockages on the backside of my heart) He said " I'm so sorry, You just fell through the cracks". I told him that its a damned good thing I've got a big ass or I would have fallen all the way through!

So here's the problem. I got a little rebellious after my surgery and ate whatever I felt like for four months (being good hadn't kept me from having open heart surgery!) Anyway now my cholesterol is up to 265 and my herbals aren't working. They want to put me on cholesterol drugs that I am totally against but I don't know what else to do. My cholesterol is not herditary as far as I know, I have several aunts in their ninties and my mother didn't take cholesterol drugs and died when she was 84.

Since the cholesterol went up when I went through menopause, could some kind of herbal hormone replacement help? Anybody out there have any experience with this? Hopefully any good experiences?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kip

PS I"m going back on the low salt/low sugar/low fat diet tomorrow Oh yeah..my energy level is higher than it's been in over six years....amazing what getting and adequate amount of oxygen will do!!

Sorry I hijacked this post I didn't know how to start a new one!

#55 angelindskies

angelindskies

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:28 AM

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CAN ANYONE
HEAR ME
IN
MENOLAND
?

ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif huh.gif

missing chat

(((( sad.gif ))))
angel

menopause = identity theft

#56 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

Better watch out, Angel, or the little men in white coats will come dragging you off smile.gif

I know the insta-chat is down. It's on another server, not Power Surge's, so I have no control of this when it happens. Last week, when I put up the temporary insta=chat (the one with the blue border), that went down also before 24 hours. These are very persnickety and unreliable scripts and I'm trying to think of something different to use. I also have to deal with Bijay now having the flu, so I'm doing the best I can on my own.

Remember, WE HAVE A CHAT ROOM! Click on "Live Chat" on the menu up top. You can talk in there as well.

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#57 kar4242

kar4242

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

Sorry for you troubles dearest. Yes girls, please remember their is the live chat room that is not used often enough. tongue.gif

#58 Dotcalm2u

Dotcalm2u

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

Ohh Dear Sweet Dearest
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this again, especially given all of your own personal demons, and your 'son' having the flu ....(sending some chicken soup to BJ)
Thankyou for ALL your hardwork, for your constant and caring ways, and for putting up with us meno-mamas.....and don't worry about our darling angel...psssttt....after the men in white coats come and take me away....hey! hey!....I'll send them over to angel ....mind you I DO love her wings....they cool me down as I hotflash away......hey! hey! wink.gif
Love to you Dearest
wub.gif Dottie wub.gif
~~ *Buying a Computer ... $999.00* ~~ *Having Internet ...$25.00* ~~ *Finding Power Surge... Priceless** ~~

*-:?:-?:*'''''*:?.-:?:-?**?-:?:-?:*'''''*:?-:?:-?*

#59 angelindskies

angelindskies

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

{ph34r.gif} {ph34r.gif} {ph34r.gif} ---------- huh.gif ---------- {ph34r.gif} {ph34r.gif} {ph34r.gif}

NO! I won't let them take me!

**trying the ol' stiff arm tactic to keep them at bay--it's taking all the menomuscle power i have tongue.gif **

Of course, "LIVE CHAT"! Dearest, you're a gem!
...let my wings carry me there.

(((((((((((((((((((( biggrin.gif ))))))))))))))))))))
angel

Dots, hope you catch a cool breeze...i'm a flappin' frantically!

menopause = identity theft

#60 booboolena1

booboolena1

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

ANGEL...LMBO!!!! I believe you're gone over the deep edge girl!!!!! Reeling you back in, fer yer own good........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ((((((( unsure.gif )))))))

rolleyes.gif happy.gif>

wub.gif
boo
We all do better when we all do better.----Paul Wellstone