Finding Posts

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 hil52

hil52

Newbie Surgette

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Love art and writing. Also enjoy dancing and all kinds of music. Love meditation and yoga.

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:15 AM

i posted a question and can't find it anywhere, how do u find posts?

#2 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:30 AM

You can look at the top of these posts and there's a line that reads Member List | Search | FAQ | Today's Posts | Stats | Problems? | Select Avatar Click on "Search", then choose "by (username):" and type your name in there. After you click on the button that says "Search", you should get links to all your posts.

#3 dcamp

dcamp

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:10 AM

Good Morning Are the boards experiencing some kind of jet lag? I love to read the Introductions posts. It shows that the most recent post to that thread is from Sitte on 3/11/04. However when I click on to that thread the last post I see is from ncotar(sp)? on 3/9/04. Thanks for any info. Have a wonderful day. Donna
WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

#4 pesmith

pesmith

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 11:30 AM

is it possible to read just todays posts without hunting for them for ever?
if its gonna be its up to me

#5 Kleeo

Kleeo

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING I can hold an interest in these days! :)

Posted 22 March 2004 - 02:32 PM

Yup!!!!!!! Right at the top of the message board, directly under the POWER SURGE MESSAGE BOARD logo on the left hand side, is a little link bar with: Member List | Search | FAQ | Today's Posts | Stats | Problems? | Select Avatar Just click on the one that says Today's Posts! My FAVORITE place to click!! HUGS! Kleeo
'Kleeo'

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
Charles M. Schulz

#6 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 01 August 2004 - 06:39 AM

I've received some E.mails from some of you that insta-chat was "down." Like everything else in this medium (and in life), sometimes there are glitches that need to be worked out. Insta-chat is a program I use that's NOT on Power Surge's server. Therefore, I don't have access to it and can't do the routine troubleshooting I'd do with anything on Power Surge's server. When situations like this occur with insta-chat, I can only recommend: 1) be patient until it's restored, 2) use the chat room by going to LIVE CHAT on the menu and/or 3) post on the board

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#7 Guest_Gez_*

Guest_Gez_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:06 PM

Is the insta-chat down or is it me having computer problems? Love Gez smile.gif

#8 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:57 PM

Originally posted by Gez Is the insta-chat down or is it me having computer problems? Love Gez smile.gif
Gez, the insta-chat has been down for a while today. It'll come back eventually. Unfortunately, it's on another server, so I don't have much control over it. I'm sure by later today or tonight, it'll be up again. I guess those are the inconveniences we sometimes have to settle for -- not too unlike menopause biggrin.gif

- Helen Keller

#9 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 08:43 PM

It's b-a-a-a-c-k! smile.gif

#10 leanne0721

leanne0721

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 12:25 PM

Oh sure Mary......JOKE:D But what about me???? My days (okay ...DAY as in ONE) have been empty!!! I mean......Did Ms.Beaner's dog have her puppies??? Did tris get a date???? DID P BURN HER BITS???? Did Amanda sleep through the night?? Did moozie get her office moved?????? IS CHRIS BIPOLAR TODAY??????biggrin.gif HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET THROUGH PERI AND THE DAY WITHOUT THE INSTA CHAT?????biggrin.gif (and incase nobody has figured this out... I am JOKING.......I'm always grateful for anytime I have on PS!!- Thanks Alice!!)
Leanne

#11 otter

otter

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Getting through this

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:10 PM

Me, too, Leanne - though I was dying to get all caught up after two weeks away. We can just use this as the non-insta-chat, right? Caught a brief glimpse this morning and the all but one of the puppies was fine. Then I lost it, alas. How are you? Otter

#12 leanne0721

leanne0721

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:12 PM

Heyyyy we've MISSED you!!! I'm great, thanks... but we shouldn't use this bored to chat......you have my email... send me a note!
Leanne

#13 jimi

jimi

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:51 AM

.......OK! - stop foolin around - WHO TOOK THE EDIT BUTTON?
jimibugs ~ (((hugs)))

life is what happens while you're busy making other plans...

#14 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:51 AM

Originally posted by jimi .......OK! - stop foolin around - WHO TOOK THE EDIT BUTTON?
The "Edit" feature has been removed from the boards for a very simple reason. People would start or post in topics and if others disagreed with them, or they weren't happy with what they'd posted, they'd go in and delete it. That, alone, wouldn't be a problem if so many people hadn't responded - and by removing their post, it would make the entire thread sound disjointed and would result in confusion. So, just use the "Preview Post" before posting and you don't have to worry about editing later. If, on the other hand, you've included something in the post like an E.mail address or phone number - something you don't want in the message, send me a U2U message or E.mail me by clicking on icon at the bottom of any of my messages and I will remove what you want removed.

- Helen Keller

#15 Ms.Beaner

Ms.Beaner

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:45 PM

Originally posted by jimi .......OK! - stop foolin around - WHO TOOK THE EDIT BUTTON?
LOL I wondered the same thing!!! ohmy.gif Nana (Ms.Beaner)

#16 christinem

christinem

Newbie Surgette

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:decorating, gardening, travelling

Posted 29 October 2004 - 07:35 PM

Hello - I'm new to the chat - this is my first time seeking help and advice about menopause and the trouble I've been having for a while

#17 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 11:58 PM

christinem, if you click on the word "INDEX" on the menu above the message board, or you click on "power-surge.com Forum Index at the top and bottom of every topic, it will take you to the main list of boards where you can select a suitable subject and ask any questions you wish. Also, I recommend every newcomer click here to read the Welcome Newcomers message.

- Helen Keller

#18 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:48 AM

You may come across answers to questions that had to do with the previous message board which had a different format from this one. Answers to questions prior to Oct. 26, 2004 pertain to the previous board. You'll find answers to most of your questions by clicking on FAQ on the menu at the top.

- Helen Keller

#19 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:25 PM

To those of you who have written to tech support or me, or just those who have wondered, yes, the insta-chat is down today. I'm well aware of it. Unfortunately, since this feature isn't on Power Surge's server, I have no control over it. It's actually the reason I decided on this program/feature -- because it IS on another server other than Power Surge which results in less of a drain on Power Surge's server (which is already taxed enough). However, I have noticed that it's been quite persnickety over the past month. It has nothing to do with this new message board. If the down times continue as they have, I will have no choice but to look for another program to replace it with. Please bear with us while the problem is resolved. Sometimes I think it was easier having children by natural childbirth than it is to run a Web site like this one biggrin.gif Thanks for your patience.

- Helen Keller

#20 Meryl

Meryl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:33 PM

Thanks, Dearest!
Your menobud

#21 chriscarol

chriscarol

Super Surgette

• Banned
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 11:25 AM

Thanks, Alice!
CHRISCAROL

#22 Amandajo

Amandajo

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:music, art, family

Posted 18 November 2004 - 03:48 PM

I never realized how much I relied on my chat friends until going these past few days without the chat working! I MISS everyone! Amandajo

#23 chriscarol

chriscarol

Super Surgette

• Banned
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:43 PM

Yup, I agree Amanda. Thanks Alice for providing this outlet for the hormonally challenged! biggrin.gif
CHRISCAROL

#24 joliejacq

joliejacq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:45 PM

Hi, Is the Picture Gallery still up? How do I get to it? I can't locate it in the site. Thanks! Jacquie
The sky and sun are always there; it's the storms and clouds that come and go.
<br />- Pema Chodron

#25 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:58 PM

The photo gallery is still up. It's at http://power-surge.com/gallery/psgallery.htm

#26 joliejacq

joliejacq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:05 PM

Thanks, MaryO. Somehow I knew you would know! :wink:
The sky and sun are always there; it's the storms and clouds that come and go.
<br />- Pema Chodron

#27 dcamp

dcamp

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

Is there a way to search for all posts by a particular member? Thanks, Donna
WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

#28 Drea

Drea

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:19 AM

Donna,

If you simply click on the users name whose posts you want to read their profile will come up and there is an option to find members posts.

Hope this helps!

Drea

#29 alice3

alice3

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:Needlecraft, cardmaking, gardening (if my back lets me)...getting my life back!

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:21 AM

I'm glad that this post came up as I got the chance to look at the Rogues Gallery again. I think there's some fine looking women on there! Seriously!
If I've thought it... it's a fact!

#30 boyzmom

boyzmom

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:26 AM

I agree Alice... but it's a shame there aren't more so we could put a face to a name but I guess it's like with me... not sure I want to identify myself. unsure.gif
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.
- e.e. cummings