• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

I have something similar on my other website and folks like to use it to plan coffees and get togethers.

I don't know if there will be any interest here but we'll give it a shot!

On the top menu row between Portal and Donations it says "MemberMap".  Either click that or click here: http://www.power-sur...p?app=membermap

It's available only to signed-in members who have validated their accounts.

#2 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I like this feature and just added mine.  Interesting to see who is in what area of the universe.  thank you Mary.

#3 phine

phine

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

I like it but the little tag did not show up in the right place. I am from the island of Newfoundland.  It showed up on Labrador -that's the mainland part of the province.

#4 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

Phine, is there a city name or something that would help pin you down?

I think you can drag the icons, also, but I haven't tried that yet.

#5 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:00 AM

I messed up, Phine :(. I was trying to drag your icon and accidentally deleted it.

So sorry!

On the bright side, you can try to get closer to your actual location, if you want.

#6 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

I have something similar on my other website and folks like to use it to plan coffees and get togethers.

I don't know if there will be any interest here but we'll give it a shot!

On the top menu row between Portal and Donations it says "MemberMap".  Either click that or click here: http://www.power-sur...p?app=membermap

It's available only to signed-in members who have validated their accounts.

i'm totally lost here now.....totally......what changed about this board?.........mary o i recall asking you a question some time ago, about private and or sewcret and i can't even find it now :(...it's like starting over again, what am i missing?....

#7 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Template, I'm not really sure what you're asking.

The main change here is a new skin.  I brought back the InstaChat which we had a few years ago and the MemberMap, which is totally new.  Both those features are only visible to members who have posted a few times.

Other than that, nothing has changed.

If you don't like these changes, the original skin is still available to you at the bottom left of any page.  Click on "Change Theme" and choose "IP.Board".

Did that help at all?

#8 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Template, I'm not really sure what you're asking.

The main change here is a new skin.  I brought back the InstaChat which we had a few years ago and the MemberMap, which is totally new.  Both those features are only visible to members who have posted a few times.

Other than that, nothing has changed.

If you don't like these changes, the original skin is still available to you at the bottom left of any page.  Click on "Change Theme" and choose "IP.Board".

Did that help at all?

mary o....can i blame this on meno?.....lol

i don't blame you for not understanding, but you did anyways.....oh mary o, i do like the new skin, but went back to the old until the fog clears up....besides that, i had trouble getting in and when i finally did....i forgot what the place looked like.....lol

i think i'm on the right trail, thanks for the help and trying to make the place look good...:)

#9 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Sure!  You can blame any/everything on meno :)

This sounds like what I do sometimes...I know I need something from the kitchen but when I get there, I have no idea what I needed in the first place.

What's changed here is just like new wallpaper for the kitchen - and I left a map over in the corner :)

(BTW, neither the InstaChat nor the MemberMap work with the old skin.)