• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

I want to donate also. May I suggest when we get to the part of donations (before or after malware problems) we could donate monthly as well as an annual fund raiser. Reason being, many people come and go through the months and years and who will be here a year from now could be different than today. All monies, small and large and medium..add up.

#32 dcgobeil

dcgobeil

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, gardening, the beach, and spending time with my dog, Sadie!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

so sorry for the loss of your dear friend...this site has been a port in my storm on many occasions. i am willing to donate once you decide...i am confused...i registered on your cushings website...is there going to be a power surge section? is it only for cushings?

peace
dianne

#33 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Dianne, there is a Power Surge section at http://cushings.invi...-surge-members/

You have to be logged in to see it, though.

I hope to have this board cleaned up within a week or so.

#34 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

When the boards are cleaned up, they will be updated to the newest version. During the update, you may get a message that the boards are closed temporarily. I'll try to make that as quick as possible.

There will also be a new "skin", a bit darker than this one.

#35 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Since Google somehow knows the malware wasn't gone, just hidden, I've brought the forums back for those who don't get the warning.

#36 pieddove

pieddove

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

So sad for the loss of Alice! PS is priceless and must be saved!

#37 MsReadytoExhale

MsReadytoExhale

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Interests:I am 46 (2011). I recently decided to stay home full-time and take care of our home and keep an eye on my teen son. We've lived in North Carolina for 4 years and love it. My main goal is to help my son find his passion and make sure he does all of his homework. Being at home full-time is a job that never ends but at least the people I work for love me. I enjoy learning so I am taking a college course on-line this Fall (2011). I do have a passion for helping others. I hope to get well soon so that I can volunteer my time to a worthy cause.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hello Mary,
You absolutely have my permission to add my quote. Thank you for asking.
I am thinking positively about the site. . Dearest kept us strong for a reason

#38 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

MsReadyToExhale, your post is here: http://power-surge.c...sreadytoexhale/

Thanks so much!

#39 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

I want to donate also. May I suggest when we get to the part of donations (before or after malware problems) we could donate monthly as well as an annual fund raiser. Reason being, many people come and go through the months and years and who will be here a year from now could be different than today. All monies, small and large and medium..add up.

Thanks, Wildflowers!

I have decided to use WePay - https://www.wepay.co...r-surge-running for donations because they will show the total amount of donations at all times and the donor names, although you choose to be anonymous.

Each month, we will need $99 for the website; every 6 months, $35 for the boards or $1,258 for the year. I have put up the goal amount as $1,258 so that we can keep this same campaign for a year (until September, 2014), rather than making a new page each month.

The fees that WePay takes:

Invoices and API Payments
Credit card payments: 2.9% + 30¢
Bank account (ACH) payments: 1% +30¢

There are no other fees to use WePay. No monthly fees, no additional fees, no hidden fees.

Thank you so much to any of you who will help keep Dearest's information and legacy alive.

#40 didgens

didgens

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

My best friend in the world, my "sister", Alice/Dearest died about 6 weeks ago. We were friends for nearly as long as PS existed and we talked on the phone about every other day for 2-3 hours.

Her daughters gave me Power Surge. I can't deal with the malware warnings (and the monthly cost!) and that's why I'm moving as much as I can onto that new blog. I'd hate to see all her years of work go to waste.

When I first logged on to the website back-end, on Wednesday, the site was already unpaid for 2 weeks. Two more and it would have been completely gone.

If that malware message cannot be removed soon, I may be forced to take the site and the boards down - that's why I'm hustling people to Facebook (and to boards that I set up on my message boards http://cushings.invi...-surge-members/ )

Even if the malware message CAN be removed, I still may need to take the site down - it costs $109 - per month, which is way too much.

I'm looking into saving the message boards separately, if possible, but I haven't gotten an answer to that. Those would "only" be $45 a month.

If you have favorite posts from the boards or articles from the site, please let me know so I can rescue them. I have downloaded most of the non-board areas of the website to my computer so I can add those articles at my leisure.

Please don't discuss this outside this board. Dearest was a very private person and she wouldn't want people talking about her.

Thanks!

Mary ,, thank you so much.

#41 tinkybug

tinkybug

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 5,811 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, helping people, and gardening.
    I am trying to find myself the real me to try and be good to myself and live life as if its my last.
    I Love my God and want to serve and Do His will.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Thanks, Wildflowers!

I have decided to use WePay - https://www.wepay.co...r-surge-running for donations because they will show the total amount of donations at all times and the donor names, although you choose to be anonymous.

Each month, we will need $99 for the website; every 6 months, $35 for the boards or $1,258 for the year. I have put up the goal amount as $1,258 so that we can keep this same campaign for a year (until September, 2014), rather than making a new page each month.

There are no other fees to use WePay. No monthly fees, no additional fees, no hidden fees.

Thank you so much to any of you who will help keep Dearest's information and legacy alive.

Mary O,
I tried making a donation on my credit card but it didn't go thru I dont have that WEPAY so I will wait and try again,.

God bless you

Tinks

#42 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I have never tried donating to anyone so I'm not sure how it all works from that end. My Cushing's site has gotten donations, though so I know it works, at least some of the time.

Tinks, do you know what happened?

Thanks for trying!

#43 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Sounds like a good way to donate. I've always sent personal checks for donations directly to the web provider, this way the balance can be seen as Mary says and no rushing at the last minute for monies needed on the yearly due date.

#44 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

The boards are updated to the latest version, the new skin has been applied, the malware is gone, the site submitted to Google for review to get rid of that red malware sign.  Just about done!

If you hate this skin and want to go back to the old one, I'll tell you how to do that.

#45 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

If you have questions or comments about the new skin - or want to change back to the old one, click here: http://www.power-sur...showtopic=37981

Thanks!

#46 XIII

XIII

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Very smart indeed and so easy on the eye!

When I replied to this topic my writing is white with just a shadow behind it which might be hard for some members to see.

Ah........I see that if I put it into post preview it becomes easier to see.

It is always challenging to adapt to a new skin🌻

Wishing you luck with the new phase of Powersurge!

#47 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

I have a question in to the author of this board about how to change the font for writing new posts already.  Ya beat me to it, XIII :)

#48 jojo1969

jojo1969

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

I would love to see this board survive. I feel that this board literally saved my life. Do you have a mailing address that we could send a donation to? I would be willing to donate to see this board continue. Not only for myself, but for the many woman who will face these same issues some day. Love and prayers to all!

#49 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

JoJo, I posted information about donating on the donations board.

It said I have decided to use WePay - https://www.wepay.co...r-surge-running for donations because they will show the total amount of donations at all times and the donor names, although you choose to be anonymous.

Each month, we will need $99 for the website; every 6 months, $35 for the boards or $1,258 for the year.  I have put up the goal amount as $1,258 so that we can keep this same campaign for a year (until September 2014), rather than making a new page each month.

There are no other fees to use WePay.  No monthly fees, no additional fees, no hidden fees.

~~~

However, if you or anyone wants to send a check, let me know and I'll give you my address.  I don't want to post that publicly, though.

It was suggested that I get a post office box.  I may do that but I tried it in the past with my "real" group and it was too depressing to go and find it empty - so I stopped going.  The charges kept piling on, though!

Thanks for asking!

#50 Guest_TRISH40_*

Guest_TRISH40_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

You are doing such an amazing job Mary....Alice knew that you would be the one to carry on her legacy. Alice would be so proud of you. You have done so much in such a short amount of time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making that big choice to keep PS going. Because you made this choice to keep this site alive, you are now saving many Women's lives and giving so many what Alice gave and that is HOPE. Take care sister :wub:

#51 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Thanks so much, Trish!  I really appreciate your most kind words :)

#52 tinkybug

tinkybug

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 5,811 posts
  • Interests:I love cooking, helping people, and gardening.
    I am trying to find myself the real me to try and be good to myself and live life as if its my last.
    I Love my God and want to serve and Do His will.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I have never tried donating to anyone so I'm not sure how it all works from that end. My Cushing's site has gotten donations, though so I know it works, at least some of the time.

Tinks, do you know what happened?

Thanks for trying!

First let me say I love the new skin ha ha just love it it is pleasing to the eye.

Mary O I will try to donate again and if it doesnt work I will try applying for the other way to pay  no worries.

Thanks for putting our new home up and running.

God bless

Love the bug

#53 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

The malware is completely gone, the Google Malware message is gone (if you still see it, clear our your browser cache), the boards are updated and have a fresh new skin.

All in less than a week - I think Dearest would be proud :)

Welcome back, Surgettes!

#54 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

I just made a donation (anonymously).  Today I purchased a pre~paid card as I have never online placed any banking information (credit cards, bank accounts).  As I mentioned before, I've always sent personal checks (old daze...lol)  Anyway, pre~paid is another option.  The donation went right through in less than 3 seconds.

#55 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Thank you so much, Wildflowers.

The first month is paid for :)

#56 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

MaryO,

The board looks beautiful!!!

#57 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thanks so much - I like them, too :)

#58 moozie

moozie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Looks great MaryO !! Thanks for keeping Power Surge going , I'm sure that's what Dearest would want <3

Hugs,

Moozie

#59 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Thanks so much, Moozie!

#60 surly

surly

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

On a whim, I thought I would try to access this web site tonight. I haven't been here in a long time as my computer would tell me it was infected. How wonderful to see that I was directed here with no problems. How very sad to find out that the founder had passed on. Ms.O, you have honored your friend with a wonderful new site with a new skin. Thank you for continuing.  I missed reading the boards and forums so much...they were so comforting and helpful in my menopause journey. I will be coming back !