• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 deanpritc

deanpritc

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

I don't come here often and have never posted, but I used the "search" feature all the time. Can anyone tell me where it is now? i don't see it.

Thank you.

#32 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

The new site looks wonderful, very professional. My one problem is that I can't find the blogs. Any help?

I'm anxiously awaiting a response from the invision Board people. The blog should be showing up soon. Please be patient, This has been a particularly complex upgrade and is not going to happen overnight.

Thanks for your patience, MommaJo.

Dearest

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#33 deanpritc

deanpritc

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Janet C. Thank you so much. I kept looking for the larger white box that I used to see. I just missed that blue box entirely. Thanks again! :)

#34 Sweetmaddy

Sweetmaddy

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:My dogs, my horses, antiques, history, herb garden, environment, woman's rights, art, needle work and reading.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

I've gotten used to the new format. Thank you for the work you put into the site, it has saved me, truly. But I can't seem to find a way to have replys to the posts sent to my email like it was before. When you posted a reply there was an option to have notifications of future replies sent to my email. Can anyone exlpain how to do this in the new format. Thanks
May the rain wash away your worries. May the wind blow strength and courage in your direction. May the sun shine light on your path and be your guide.

#35 dcamp

dcamp

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

The new board looks fine to me. One question: Will the "members who are celebrating a birthday today" feature come back?

Thanks,
Donna
WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

#36 Sweetmaddy

Sweetmaddy

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:My dogs, my horses, antiques, history, herb garden, environment, woman's rights, art, needle work and reading.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

Click on your name-top right.A drop down list appears-choose “my settings”
From the list on the left choose "notification options"
On "notifications preferences" choose "auto follow topics I reply to" and choose notification frequency as "immediate".

Don’t forget to click "save changes" at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps :D

janet c

Thanks, Janet
May the rain wash away your worries. May the wind blow strength and courage in your direction. May the sun shine light on your path and be your guide.

#37 AA#1

AA#1

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:This is my personal statement: You have got to be taught to hate and fear...You have got to be taught from year to year...Its got to be drummed in your dear little ear...You have got to be carefully taught..You have got to be taught to be afraid..Of people whose eyes are oddly made..And people whose skin is a different shade...You have got to be carefully taught...You have got to be taught before its too late..Before you are six or seven or eight...To hate all the people your relatives hate....You have got to be carefully taught...You have got to be carefully taught ...Lets try to change this world..it begins with YOU!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

Is chat finished because some of us cant get in....Im thinkin you might still be workin on it...
~~~~ Peace AA~~~~

#38 bikejen

bikejen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

there is a problem with the "view new content" button. it does not load. thanks.

#39 Christilee

Christilee

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

Oh, good, I thought I was the only one having problems. I can't view new content either. But at least I can get on now, yesterday I couldn't. :)

#40 bikejen

bikejen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

is anyone else having problems with the board the last few days? the view new content and search buttons are not loading.

#41 vintagepearl

vintagepearl

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

On another forum that I belong to, there is a feature entitled "View New Posts Since Your Last Visit"...wordy, I know but it's very clear what what it means. Does the Power Surge feature "View New Content" mean the same thing or does it refer only to new threads that have been started? Hope my question makes sense.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~~Jimi Hendrix

#42 vintagepearl

vintagepearl

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

On another forum that I belong to, there is a feature entitled "View New Posts Since Your Last Visit"...wordy, I know but it's very clear what what it means. Does the Power Surge feature "View New Content" mean the same thing or does it refer only to new threads that have been started? Hope my question makes sense.

Nevermind...I just found the answer to my own questions...

Ramona
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~~Jimi Hendrix

#43 Sherlock

Sherlock

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

Is anyone else having problems getting into the main chat room...it keeps giving me an error that my user name is not allowed....

#44 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

Sherlock, it may be that you only have 4 posts and after you post more you will be able to get in. On another board that I know of, this is done to keep spammers out.

#45 Crazy in CA

Crazy in CA

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

I get the same message Sherlock....I updated my Java and that did not help...oh well....
Crazy in CA

Be kind to everyone you meet for you do not know the challenge they face today

#46 Sherlock

Sherlock

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Mary....I cant get in thru AA#1 either...LOL....or Anxiety Attack....and I updated my Java too....i cant even access Anxiety Attack account anymore...and another lady signed in under her PS name and then got into chat but it showed her as someone else on chat....

#47 Sherlock

Sherlock

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Im not a spammer I have been here almost 10 yrs ....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

#48 AA#1

AA#1

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:This is my personal statement: You have got to be taught to hate and fear...You have got to be taught from year to year...Its got to be drummed in your dear little ear...You have got to be carefully taught..You have got to be taught to be afraid..Of people whose eyes are oddly made..And people whose skin is a different shade...You have got to be carefully taught...You have got to be taught before its too late..Before you are six or seven or eight...To hate all the people your relatives hate....You have got to be carefully taught...You have got to be carefully taught ...Lets try to change this world..it begins with YOU!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Hey janet....i had had problems years ago with my puter...and Dearest was helping me to get it to work again..so I had to try some different names...Dearest knows aboutmy names and the reason for them. And Yes Im the same person LOL....we are only allowed one name by the way.....but because of the issues I was having...I had to keep trying til I could get in.....I usually use AA#1...but I wanted to chat so I tried to get in under Sherlock and my Old name Anxiety Attack....none of them worked. And yes a few more of the women cant access chat either....so it must be a glitch.
~~~~ Peace AA~~~~

#49 bmbmom

bmbmom

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

I have to type one letter at a time very slowly to have them all show up. If I just type in my normal speed it leaves out about every fourth letter. Not sure what is up with that. It wasn't like that on the old board. It looks good though. I haven't been coming as frequently since the new format b/c I find it more difficult to respond due to the above mentioned one letter at a time thing.
All that we are arises from our thoughts --- (from a fortune cookie).

Old, worn out, knees hurt, crazy as a shot possum....I am so thankful for Power Surge. It lets me know I'm not alone.
Thank you ladies.

#50 MenoHippo

MenoHippo

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

I am unable to change my password. Is this a glitch to do with the upgrade perhaps?

#51 MenoHippo

MenoHippo

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

I joined awhile ago, am still reading through all the posts and finding my way around. I forgot my original password, was sent a new one which would be impossible for my meno mind to remember so thought I'd change it, but I get a generic error message when I try. Not to worry, I will copy and paste the gobbledy-gook one sent to me. Thanks for replying.

#52 MenoHippo

MenoHippo

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:10 AM

Finally was able to change my password, no more copying and pasting! Lovely forum! So much to read!

#53 K2sad

K2sad

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Is there a way to edit our posts with this new board? If so, I need tips how to that please :)

#54 panicked

panicked

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

I can't get the search function to work since the site has been upgraded. That was my favourite function on this site. If I do search something in the oblong box at the top right hand corner nothing happens and if I go to the main website page and search it gives me a list of articles, but nothing from the forums, which I found most helpful.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this - am I doing it wrong or does it not work anymore.

Thank you
Panicked

#55 iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:creating images in Paint Shop Pro, cross-stitch, reading murder mysteries.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

Read this post, it may help ........

http://www.power-sur...ndpost&p=441962

Hot Flashes are a way of life!

3B Digital Art

My Domestic Violence Blog

#56 sarahkim

sarahkim

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Why are all the boards marked private now? You can't read anything without signing in.

#57 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

Sarah, a lot of people post really private, personal things and may not want non-members reading them.

It's much more freeing to be a able to post somewhere away from prying eyes.

It's not that big a deal to log in, especially these days when browsers can remember passwords for us.

#58 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Violin, Music, Sports, and yes my favorite--God.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

I am really loving this upgrade. Much easier to use. Originally I was put off by the predefined avatar scheme. I could never find one that could quite express who I am. Board that are limiting that way I don't visit that often. Now this board will be getting more visits from me.

#59 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Violin, Music, Sports, and yes my favorite--God.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

I just had a thought: Reading through this thread. Some people are missing the old scheme. Older ladies do tend to fall into a groove and not like change. Many of them are also not too computer savvy either.

IP baords does not offer a predefined avater package option anymore? Other IP boards that I am on have also gone to this scheme where the avatar runs off of the profile picture and the profile pictures has to be 200 pixels or larger.

VBulletin still has an optional avatar package setup, though you probably won't be able to buy the same manga/anime package. Those avatars came from anime cartoons for teens. Some of the cartoons are now defunct.

#60 bell

bell

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

Can an adminstrator for Power Surge PLEASE contact me about something that I wrote which has appeared on the website that is causing me alot of stress?. I have written to everyone on the contact page and no one ever responds. Please respond...this can be easily solved.

I am bell....