Tonight, May 17th, in Power Surge Live!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 17 May 2001 - 02:53 PM

Tonight in
Power Surge Live!

Thursday, May 24,
9:00 PM (EST), 6 PM (PST)

DR. AARON TABOR
Answers Your Questions about Revival Soy

Dr. Aaron Tabor, Director of Physicians Laboratories, developers of Revival Soy Protein, doctor developed phytoestrogen treatment for menopause, hot flashes, fatigue, heart and bone health and cancer.

Menopause is part of the natural aging process for women. Decreasing levels of estrogen production by the ovaries as women age cause many unpleasant symptoms, most commonly hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, weight gain and vaginal dryness.

Lack of estrogen also predisposes a woman to heart disease, osteoporosis (bone loss) and memory problems. Traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is the replacement of the body's lost estrogen with prescription estrogens derived from a variety of sources including equine (horse), plant-based and lab synthesized compounds.

HRT has been shown to decrease menopausal symptoms, reduce risk of heart disease and help keep bones strong. Unfortunately, numerous studies have also shown that HRT increases risk of breast cancer, endometrial (uterine) cancer and blood clots, and has numerous side-effects like weight gain, bloating, irritability and nausea.

Over 85% of American women refuse to start or continue HRT for fear of increased cancer risks. ?Breast cancer survivors can't take HRT either.

This has left millions of women looking for alternatives.

Many medical doctors are now recommending soy protein as a safe, effective alternative to alleviate menopausal symptoms, protect the heart and maintain bone health, without increasing the risk of breast cancer, endometrial cancer or blood clots. In fact, many women healthcare leaders are calling soy the "perfect alternative" to HRT.

Soy Protein and isoflavones are recommended by theThe American Heart Association and theFood and Drug Administration

Soy is a viable alternative to hormone Replacement Therapy.Soy works in the same manner as estrogen therapy.There are no risks involved in using soy phytoestrogens!

You can elimate hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings,depression, fatigue, anxiety, vaginal dryness, lowercholesterol, provide heart and bone health andprotect you from breast and endometrial cancer.

Join Dr. Tabor and Dearest in a chat about soy and menopause ?May 24th at 9 PM (ET), 6 PM (PT) in Power Surge Live!

#2 Barbie

Barbie

Surgette

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 May 2001 - 12:01 AM

How do I get into the Chats? ?I type my name and password but I get a message saying my password is incorrect. ?I did change it from the original and the new one has worked to get onto the Boards. ?I don't know what my old one was otherwise I would have tried that too.:confused:Thanks.

#3 Jean

Jean

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 May 2001 - 01:52 AM

I too had trouble... I got in,  but was unable to see, or read anything. And I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do when I wanted to leave?

I've never participated in chats before, so it was probably something I was doing wrong.

# # # [br]Jean

#4 Barbie

Barbie

Surgette

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 03:57 AM

Hi Jean, No I haven't been in a "chat" before either but I was obviously doing something wrong. ?I couldn't get past first base. ?Is there somewhere we should "register" first since my password was not accepted? ?Hope Alice reads this so she can assist us.:confused:

#5 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 10:28 AM

Barbie, if you had never been in a chat before, you wouldn't have to type a password in at all. ?So, any password that you would have used would have been "wrong" because the chat software expected a blank there.

However, and this is a BIG however...with a community as big as Power Surge, someone else may have already registered the name Barbie so that they, and they alone, could use that name. ?They would have a password for that name and they would be "Barbie" whenever they logged in with the correct name/password combo.

Next time you want to go to the chat - or you can try now, if you want - try just Barbie with no password at all. ?If you get in, YOU can register the name if you want, then have the password of your choice.

If you don't get in, you'll have to choose another name.

To register your name/password, you need to be in the chatroom. ?Click on "Members" on the left, then choose your profile. ?The software will ask you if you want to register your name or not. Type in the password that you want - and remember it ?I don't think that there's any of retrieving it if you forget like there is here on the boards.

I hope that this is semi-clear :biggrin:

#6 Kari

Kari

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 11:32 AM

Hi

I have never been able to enter a chat. A message comes on that says "This application requires Java support". I take it, this means my computer is too old.  Since I cannot upgrade yet....i'll have to wait for the transcripts. We will be able to view the transcripts on this new board, I hope?   :confused:

Kari

#7 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 19 May 2001 - 12:48 PM

Dearest has provided all the transcripts of us over the years. ?You can read them all when you click here for the Guest Interviews

#8 Barbie

Barbie

Surgette

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 May 2001 - 04:18 AM

Quote: from MaryO on 11:58 pm on May 19, 2001[br]Barbie, Someone else may have already registered the name Barbie so that they, and they alone, could use that name.
Thanks MaryO. ?You were right, I checked it out and a lady called Barbara has registered as Barbie. ?It would have been nice to use my own name sad.gif (yes, strange but true). ?Will people think it's me if she asks a question? ?Oh well, at least I know how to get into the Chat Room, thanks again. smile.gif

(Edited by Barbie at 5:50 pm on May 20, 2001)

#9 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 20 May 2001 - 12:22 PM

Quote: from Kari on 11:32 am on May 19, 2001[br]Hi

I have never been able to enter a chat. A message comes on that says "This application requires Java support". I take it, this means my computer is too old. ?Since I cannot upgrade yet....i'll have to wait for the transcripts. We will be able to view the transcripts on this new board, I hope? ? :confused:

I know that I answered the part about the transcripts before.

It's possible that someone just turned off the Java on your computer.  What version of Internet Explorer or Netscape are you running?  (Or something else?)  I know that it supposedly runs better with IE, but I always use Netscape with no trouble at all.

If you're running an older copy of a browser, all it might take is downloading (FREE!) a newer copy with Java running.  If it's a newer version already, it's probably just turned off or never enabled.

#10 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 20 May 2001 - 01:06 PM

Barbie, do you read your E.mail? I sent mail to the E.mail address you gave when you registered for these message boards. After reading your message, I checked out the chat room member registry, created a new name and password for you to get into the chats with and E.mailed you the information.

Kindly advise if you received the E.mail.

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#11 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 20 May 2001 - 01:12 PM

Quote: from Kari on 11:32 am on May 19, 2001[br]I have never been able to enter a chat. A message comes on that says "This application requires Java support". I take it, this means my computer is too old. ?Since I cannot upgrade yet....i'll have to wait for the transcripts. We will be able to view the transcripts on this new board, I hope? ? :confused:
Kari, I can't imagine that your computer is so old that you can't upgrade your browser. I've been using Internet Explorer and Netscape (plus AOL's browser) for years - even with older computers and was always able to use JAVA. Most of the new browsers automatically come with JAVA enabled.

Just out of curiosity, on the menu bar of your browser, you'll find the word "HELP" -- please click it on and then click on "ABOUT" and tell me which version of the browser you are using.

If it were me, I'd download a newer browser or call Microsoft or Netscape and find out how to resolve the problem. You can go to www.downloads.com (where I download all my software). Under Internet select ?browsersand you can choose from Internet Explorer or Netscape (depending upon which one you use).

- Helen Keller

#12 Barbie

Barbie

Surgette

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 02:40 AM

Quote: from Dearest on 2:36 am on May 21, 2001[br]Barbie, do you read your E.mail? I sent mail to the E.mail address you gave when you registered for these message boards. After reading your message, I checked out the chat room member registry, created a new name and password for you to get into the chats with and E.mailed you the information. Kindly advise if you received the E.mail.

Yes, I have just read your e-mail message and tried my new name and password and yes, I got in with no problems. ?Then I came here to thank you, so

Many thanks for your assistance Dearest.:cheesy:

#13 Kari

Kari

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 May 2001 - 08:29 PM

Dearest and MaryO

Thank you both for all the tech help. I had my daughter read both of your posts (since i'm not that computer savvy) and she figured out what to do. She told me to stay off the computer while she downloaded Java for me....and now I can get into the chat room!  Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  :biggrin:   :biggrin:Thanks much!!!

Kari

#14 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 07:46 PM

Glad to be of service! biggrin.gif

- Helen Keller