Power Surge Starts Its 10th Year Online

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 04 February 2003 - 09:25 PM

On February 3rd, 1993, Power Surge was born on America Online.

It is with great pleasure and pride (and sometimes with great exhaustion :biggrin: ) that I announce that Power Surge is now in its 10th year online.

I hope Power Surge continues to provide women at midlife and in menopause (and their partners) the same exemplary information, support and expert advice it has for the past nine years.

Special thanks to all the women who over the years  have partcipated in this community's growth and success, with special acknowledgements to:

MaryO, aka PianoMary, aka Mary, my assistant, AOL and Web board moderator, AOL and Web chat queue keeper, AOL Chat Host, link queen and friend -- thanks, Mary.

Cinda, aka Lucinda, my first AOL chat and Web Chat host and friend -- thanks, Cinda

Irene, aka IreneCrites, AOL chat host,  Web board moderator and friend - thanks, Irene

Web board moderators: Hspec (Hedda); Athenea (Barbie); PatC (Pat); MrsUnderstood (Helen); studywoman (Barbara). Thanks to each of you for your help!

Dearest (aka Alice)Power Surge Founder / Faciliator / Host Feb. 3, 1993 - Feb. 3, 2003

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#2 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 09:26 PM

Congratulations, Dearest and everyone involved with Power Surge!

The tenth year - that's so fantastic. ?I wonder, Dearest, if you'd have known that this would have grown so huge, involving so much of your time (and money?) would you have still done it? ?Or maybe had Power Surge on a smaller scale.

These days, it's tough to keep anything going for 10 years. ?Power Surge is not only going, but going strong - getting bigger and better every year.

Wow! ?What a wonderful service you have done for women everywhere. ?I know what a lifesaver Power Surge was to me when I was starting out. ?I'm sure that others feel the same way, too.

Thanks, again, for being there to help me through this often rough time, and making it all go smoother, easier - and even FUN! ?Thanks for having the best-ever support system on the web, or anywhere that i know of.

I know you're probably all tired of the CongaRats, but they have to dance, anyway ?

#3 Gemini

Gemini

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 03:22 AM

We never get tired of the CongaRats, and 10 years is well worth celebrating. Well done everyone! smile.gif

#4 MrsUnderstood

MrsUnderstood

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:11 AM

Congratulations Dearest, Mary, and everyone who has helped with the successes of Power Surge!   Just think in the next decade there will be second generation surgettes coming here for advice and sharing.   The Conga-rats are favorites of mine so keep them dancing.  :)          ~Helen
If it weren't for change,[br] we wouldn't have butterflies.

#5 Texwoman

Texwoman

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 09:01 AM

10 YEARS!! Whooo Hooo!!!!! Happy Birthday :biggrin:Good things come to those who wait wink.gif

To Dearest and all of you who help her:

I see the dedication you have for your work. Personally I've received mind, body, and spiritual help here. In this transitional phase of life, yes! you've really made a difference.

Hope you can feel this!..... (((Thankyou))).

Tex

#6 Suseyq

Suseyq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 01:27 PM

Congratulations, Dearest on 10 Years of Power Surge.  Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Love the Congarats!

#7 HippieHeron

HippieHeron

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 01:54 PM

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif ? Congratulations Dearest! ? smile.gif :cheesy: ?

? ?And Happy Birthday, Power Surge!!!!!!!! ?:cheesy:

Hugs and Peace to all, ? ?
HippieHeron (Ruth) ?:)
There are two escapes from the miseries of life: music and cats. - ALBERT SCHWIETZER

#8 GGc0ok

GGc0ok

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 02:55 PM

YEAHHHHHHH YAHOOOOOOOO HIP HIP HOOOOORAY, CONGRATUALTIONS!!!Wanted to add my excitement, my congrats, and my thank you's. ?To the Power Pioneer (Dearest), to all her elves in the work shop. ?I have benefited so much from this site. ?You must be so proud to have accomplished such a Huge Wealth of information for us to soak in. ?Believe me I love to soak!!

I wish you all good health in the future, much happiness and continued success with our wonderful spa that we soak in.  Thank you, hugs and love to allGG smile.gif

#9 IreneCrites

IreneCrites

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 03:58 PM

Congratulations Dearest and all the women of Power Surge.Mary what would a Congratulatory party be without the Congo -Rats? ?I love them. smile.gif

Power surge and Dearest have been a part of my life since 1995 and I don't know what I would do without all of you. ?Dearest.....there are no words of thanks that can say what I feel for you personally...you know that my friend. ?Mary you are the best. ?Cinda...our chat protocol lady. LOL ?And to all of the many women I have met here at PS, thanks to Dearest,.....a big thank you. smile.gif

Again Congratulations Dearest for a most amazing website.

[i] Irene[br]If you find a path without any obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.

#10 Cabo

Cabo

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 04:24 PM

?*******HAPPY ANNIVERSARY POWER SURGE******** ?AND THANK YOU SO MUCH DEAREST- For what I consider to be one of the best things in my life, this wonderful place you have made and nurtured. This Power Surge has helpled so many people, it is so clear to see. It is amazing to see how many ?woman have passed through this stage and still are so very active here. That is such an indication of what this means to them. To us, we gain from them wisdom, compassion and humor. When I first arrived here, believe me I felt like my best gift which was laughter was so very gone. I felt like every creative bone I had in my body up to that point was whisked away and I never knew where it went or why. Only, through here (which I swear I was divinely led) did I recognize why and acceptance and understanding to all this. Oh, and by the way early on someone suggested that I should just watch funny movies on a weekend. Something so simple and guess what it began to "do the trick" Laughter is back. So, what can I say to you Alice, that could ever show my gratefulness? And to all the great moderators, like you mentioned. I am so thankful to all of you. You are the Best girls. How proud you should all feel that you help so many people, so freely. One of the greatest gifts of Love I think is Service. You have the market cornered. Anyway Peace to you all forever and ever. Cabo (Carol)

#11 Arlean

Arlean

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 10:17 AM

Happy ########## Anniversary Power SurgeThanks so much Dearest, for the hard work you have done here. Also to the others that help you good job. Also to all the ladies that come here, and Continue to share your feelings but also your support, as well.

Smile some one might need it worst than you do. smile.gif

#12 Slim

Slim

Surgette

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 11:50 AM

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY POWER SURGE!!!My second home. I look forward to getting up every morning and coming here. The one thing I have learned the most here is that I'm not different and wierd. There are actually other people that feel the same way I feel.   Congratulations Dearest on a job well done. I will be here for ever.  Thanks everyone!!!

Oh by the way.. Love the music!!

#13 Roxiebear

Roxiebear

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:37 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ?

This is a wonderful place and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you are doing. ?It is a real pleasure to come here and feel better......

#14 mac

mac

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 02:44 PM

"CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!":biggrin:

Dearest thank you and all that work with you on Power Surge you are the greatest.  I am so glad that i found this site.  You have all kept me going and i will always be apart of  this wonderful place.  I have found comfort,careing wonderful people here and tremendous amout of support and help here.  My appreciation for all you have done here could never be put into words.  This is the best site ever!!!!:wink:

I love the Conga-Rats there super.

THANKS AGAIN AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

#15 finola

finola

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 03:44 PM

HAPPY...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY POWER SURGE!!What a difference you've made in all our lives. A wonderful place to share and care. Thank you so much!!

#16 JRS

JRS

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 01:25 AM

What an awesome accomplishment!!

Conga rats are certainly in order MaryO smile.gif

Dearest, Thanks again to you and the whole PS team. ?You have helped so many of us see how "normal" we really are. ?The peace of mind that brings is truly a first step to getting through this phase of our lives. ?The wonderful ladies that come here have made a great difference in how I've handled life this past year. ?I can't imagine how alone I would have felt without all of you. ?Many, many thanks and ?congratulations!

:)JR

"Life is a song for the heart that is free!"

Jrssong

#17 rheaJ

rheaJ

Surgette

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2003 - 01:00 AM

Happy Birthday, Power-Surge! Thank you, Dearest, for providing this haven of support, comfort and information. ?You deserve lots of hugs and a moment to put your feet up and bask in your ?achievement. This must have been a true labor of love because it shows in the work you do. I wish you continued sucees here at Power-Surge and in all your endeavors.

Thanks to MaryO, Irene Crites and all the moderators for their efforts here. The support here is incredible.

I wouldn't go so far to say that this is the best web site, but I would say it is definitely ?in the "Top 1"!!!

Kudos and bouquets to you all!

#18 chriscarol

chriscarol

Super Surgette

• Banned
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 05:29 PM

Dearest,<br> &nbsp; &nbsp; Congratulations on the 10th anniversary of &quot;Power<br>Surge.&quot; &nbsp;You've made a wonderful contribution to<br>womenkind!!!
CHRISCAROL

#19 Marney

Marney

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 10:30 PM

What a great community this is! TEN YEARS. Wow!! If I was Dearest I would feel so good about the contribution I was making to the world. And can you imagine if our mothers had something like this to help them through those rough years? I can remember how she suffered...alone...and of course I could never understand her moods, which are now my moods. I still don't understand them, but I come to these message boards and read, read, read and it makes me feel better. There is some good in this world after all, isn't there?

MaryO - I love your Conga Rats!! ?I'm not tired of them at all 'cause I've never seen them before and they made me smile smile.gif ?!!