676 replies to this topic

#31 JRS

JRS

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 December 2002 - 06:08 PM

Wow! ?I feel like a million bucks!

Hi Everybody and thanks for missing me! ?Yes, I was totally lost. ?It didn't even occur to me that there was a new board. ?I just assumed everyone was as busy as I've been!

? ? Pauline, ?thanks for rescuing me. ?I was out there on a raft alone and didn't even know I'd missed the boat. ?So GEE - I Missed you Guys!! LOL

? ? Dearest, you are wonderful. ?I really had been using my e-mail notifications to get to the board and just completely missed the new one. ?You do a terrific job of giving us all a safe haven. ?You are truly a blessing to all of us who feel safe and secure here among friends who understand what we are all dealing with.

? ? Gee, so much to catch up on! ?Gem, my mother would so love to be having Christmas with you. ?She would surly get homesick just reading all the things you are preparing for Christmas. ?Marzipan and minced pies! Certainly some of ?her favorites. ?Perhaps I'll surprise her this year and try my hand at making a minced pie! ? She always makes sausage rolls for Christmas eve. ?No matter how many ?she makes, they last for about two minutes with our family.

? ? Its been a crazy, busy couple of weeks. ?Perhaps that's why I just assumed everyone else ?was not on the old board. ?Gee LOL I really have to laugh at the image it brings to mind. ?Totally meno! ? Me & no brain lost in the netherworlds of the internet! ? ? ? ? I fought the bug and think I have finally won. ?It sure had me challenged though. ?Between feeling yucky and not wanting to get Christmassy and having tons to do anyway, And missing you ladies, I was a mess!

? ? Finally, though, the tree is up. Some decorations are in my front yard and a few presents are under the tree. ?I even have a pile of Christmas cards ready to go out thanks to my daughters helping. ?It's beginning to look alot like Christmas.... la, di da, da dah. ?Now everybody sing along! smile.gif (Ahh, its nice to have my voice back!)

? ? ?Still sticking with the juice here. ?I skipped it a day or two when I was feeling bad and caught Mr Hyde trying to slip back in the door. ?I hope those of you giving it a shot are having some success. ?I know when we feel so horrible, we're willing to try anything to feel better. ?This seems to be working for me for now, thank goodness. ? Here's a quick recap of my drink, I try to have one in the morning and one in the evening: ?

- ?A cup of V8- A good dash of: tobasco, soy sauce and lemon juice

Hugs and prayer work well in conjunction with the above! ?Together, this has been helping me keep the "psycho monster from hades" ?from darkening my door, and (knock on wood) no hot flashes or night sweats for a few weeks - yay!

Still have lots of shopping and cooking to accomplish in the next few days, so if I don't get back before then, I hope peace and happiness will find each of you this ?Christmas, especially through the next few days.

Sending BIG Christmas HUGS to all of you!! ?xxOOOOO!! ?JR

Jrssong

#32 jennimarie

jennimarie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 08:33 AM

Hi To Each And Everyone Of You,I would like to wish you all a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMASand HEALTH AND HAPPINESS in 2003!So glad I am well enough to do this before Xmas came and went. Just been through a mini hell with pain from the old fibroids.You all sound so busy and happy I'me glad to see.It's amazing how we manage to make that exra effort at Christmas even though we are not as we would like to be.I sincerely hope you all have a good time and Santa brings you everything on your list!Thank you Dearest for P/S.MERRY XMAS.Love, jennimarie.xxxx

#33 paulinep

paulinep

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 10:50 AM

Hi all

JRS lovely to see you have found your way back  and are ready for christmas.Hope everyone else is doing fine and keeping wellsitting here and its dull with rain pouring down how i would love to be where Lolly is.

Take care Pauline

#34 Cabo

Cabo

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 02:26 AM

Jennimarie,     Glad to hear from you.How are you and your husband doing.I hope things are well for you. Let us know and Merry Christmas and Peace Cabo

#35 Gemini

Gemini

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 04:16 AM

Just wanted to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to everyone :)It is the morning of Christmas eve here, although I know it is still 23rd where most of you are.Glad you found us at last, JR! :biggrin:Sorry to hear you have not felt well, Jennimarie, good to see you amongst us though.Hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and peaceful Christmas, and Santa takes the meno stuff away for us, for a little while at least. wink.gif"Happy Holidays", to borrow an American term!!

#36 paulinep

paulinep

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 07:31 AM

Hi All

Hope everyone is ready for christmas. Here's wishing you all the very best for now and the new year. and i hope to get to no you all better over the following year.

Take carePauline  

#37 Suseyq

Suseyq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 December 2002 - 07:53 AM

I'm taking a few minutes this morning of Christmas Eve to wish you all the best.  We're getting ready for a big storm here in the East.  We have travel plans for tomorrow, but we may be staying home.  Doesn't look too good for travel.  Doing a little dinner with some family tonight, so that may be our celebration.  I always thought it would be neat to "celebrate" the 12 Days of Christmas, which begin on Christmas Day.  Might be doing that this year, with visiting the relatives I won't see tomorrow, if it's as bad as they say.  Best wishes to everyone!

#38 Texwoman

Texwoman

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 04:24 AM

Merry Christmas!

The weather outside is frightful but the fire is so delightful. Let it snow! Let it snow, let it snow. What part of Virginia are you in Susie, I forgot? I'm in Fredericksburg. We might end up with just freezing rain.

We're all together at Christmas and I'm enjoying every minute. Hubby got here Sunday and so it feels right.

We'll worry about the surgery my daughter's having after Xmas. Staying positive and for now, everyone is happy.

It's great to be online and see everyones posts. Bless all of you.

Chris

To thine own self be true

#39 JRS

JRS

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 09:03 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone!

? ? All is Calm, All is Bright. ?The turkey's in the oven and Santa managed to get the stockings stuffed before the children woke. ?I'm just enjoying a few quiet moments before the rush of the day. ?

? ?Chris, I might have known you'd be "here" before the rest of us ! ?Hope you have a wonderful day with your family. smile.gif

? ? God Bless each of you today with warm friends and family, good health and great memories! ?Love to All, JR smile.gif

Jrssong

#40 Suseyq

Suseyq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 09:52 AM

Good Morning Everyone!  After a lovely Christmas Eve dinner of all kinds of seafood, we're having a very quiet Christmas this year.  As the East coast storm looms near, we've decided to stay home.  It's supposed to get worse as the day progesses.  I must be feeling better these days, I'm taking it in stride.  I do think of all you lucky ones with little ones running around now, all excited about what Santa brought.  Enjoy it, it goes too fast!  Will be calling my grandson later to see what Santa brought him.  This was the first Christmas Eve since he was born that we didn't spend some time with him, but I took that in stride too!  Merry Christmas everyone!  

#41 Roxiebear

Roxiebear

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 01:02 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

I am new here, so don't know you very well, but am looking forward to it.  I had a miserable night with the sweats and chills, and nightmares, so it is wonderful to come to a place where I don't feel so alone. I will be trying lots of the remedies I am hearing about, and look forward to feeling better, as well as making new friends.

My new hubby and I will be spending a  quiet day alone, but as newlyweds, that is a good thing.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!    :smile:

#42 jennimarie

jennimarie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 07:40 AM

Hi Roxiebear,Welcome to the haven. Now your'e here I can assure you that you need never feel alone again. Did you have a good xmas?jennimarie.

#43 paulinep

paulinep

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 09:38 AM

Hi Allhoping all are safe and well. Here in Uk we have seen the dreadful conditions that is happening right now in parts of America. I myself have a rotten cold and very dizzey at the moment. keep safe.Take care Pauline  

#44 JRS

JRS

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 12:44 PM

Good Morning All, ? ? ? How did everybody survive? ?

? ? I had a pretty tough time these past couple days. ?I notice when I eat or drink 'splurge foods' , I get to feeling a bit rough. ?Actually, that's an understatement. ?I was ready to kick the dog and bite someone. ?I lost it and yelled at my daughter who knows how to push all the right buttons. ?I felt terrible, but later apologized. ? ? ? ?All things considered, I did fairly well. ?Made a beautiful turkey and my gravy turned out perfect. ?I was very proud. ?The kids were all happy with their gifts and we enjoyed time with friends a family. ? ? ? ? ?Doubling up on the V8 and keeping other meno relief remedies close today. ?Feeling a bit fragile.

? ? Roxiebear, welcome to the board. ?There are many beautiful women here and we're glad to have you join us. ?

? ? Jenimarie, it was great to see you back in. ?Hope all is well with your husband, and you are feeling strong. ?We're all still here for you.

Happy Boxing Day to our British ladies! ?Hope you've had a good one! ?Warm regards and big hugs to all, ?JR

Jrssong

#45 jennimarie

jennimarie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 02:00 PM

Hi Everybody,Thanks JRS. Yes, hubby is doing well. That was my most exiting pressie this xmas!Thanks also to all that have been asking where and how I am. I have tried to keep up with you all but with these dammed fibroids and xmas in one hit I haven't done all that well. Hubby and I had a lovely xmas. Lots of good food and family round us. We are visiting hubbys brother and wife this evening for more of the same. Having said that we are quite looking forward to a quiet evening in tomorrow...just the two of us.I hope everyone had a good time.Just wanted to know if anybody has had a hysterectomy recently? As mine is booked for 10th Jan 2003 would like to hear from other 'victims'. See my post in the fibroids etc. forum.Happy New Year to All,Love, jennimarie. xxxx

#46 Suzie

Suzie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 06:28 PM

Hi Everyone,Glad to hear of your happy Christmases ! Ours was great too. We had family from both sides come to our house for our usual get together. It was nice.I too get a little fragile, JRS . I have the same reaction to the good food and drinks. Also too much stimulation from all the people bothers me now. It doesn't seem fair, does it? I'm sorry that you experienced it too but at the same time relieved to find that someone else had that reaction and it wasn't just me!Nice to hear from you too Jennimarie! Glad hubby is doing better!!!!!Welcome to those of you who are new. Glad to see all the posts. We are definately all good friends here !Love,Suzie
Suzie

#47 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 08:08 PM

Just wanted to know if anybody has had a hysterectomy recently? As mine is booked for 10th Jan 2003 would like to hear from other 'victims'.
jennimarie, you might want to check out the Hysterectomy / Premature Menopause for other women who have had hysterectomies lately.  Best of luck to you on the 10th!

#48 GG

GG

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 08:39 PM

Okay I have seen this mentioned before, what is boxing day? I've tried to figure it out and thought okay it's when you put all the boxes away and take things out of boxes but I'm not sure so please tell me . What is boxing day?                    GG

#49 Gemini

Gemini

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 06:34 AM

Hi there GG, I am copying here what I wrote on another thread a while ago. Boxing Day is December 26th, a national holiday here along with Christmas Day, New Years' Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, and a handful of other Mondays.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Some time ago we discussed Boxing Day on here. This is some info I just saw on it ?"Boxing Day originated in England in the middle of the nineteenth century under Queen Victoria. On December 26, boxes were placed at every church to collect money for the poor. It was also a time householders gave boxed Christmas presents to servants and to the providers of such services as postal delivery and trash collection - thanking them for their work. ?Today, Boxing Day is a holiday in Britain, Canada, and other Commonwealth nations. It is spent gathering with friends and family for food, fun and the sharing of friendship and love. Government buildings and small businesses are closed, but the malls are filled with people either exchanging gifts, or buying reduced priced Christmas gifts, cards, and decorations. Throughout the Christmas season, many organizations follow the original tradition of Boxing Day by donating their time, energy, and money to fill the Food Bank, provide gifts for poor children, or to help a family in need. Happy Boxing Day!"

#50 Suseyq

Suseyq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone!  Just getting brave enough to venture out after our big snowstorm.  Must put in an appearance at work (payroll needs to be done!).  This was quite a different Christmas, but I believe it had a message.  For us, we were home here, no presents, no big Christmas dinner.  Kind of like the Grinch Stole Christmas.  But guess what?  Christmas came anyway!  It is definitely in the heart, not in the pocketbook!  I'd been feeling that all along, and this just reconfirmed it!  Tomorrow we're going to my Mom's, where some presents await.  However, it's all anticlimatic.  We had a lovely Christmas.

#51 jodan

jodan

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 12:22 PM

Hello ladies! ?I don't post often, however I like to keep ?up with everyone. ?I had one of those rare times during this week where I felt just fine. ?No sweats, no anxiety, very little stress (or I didn't let it get to me.) ?and in hindsight, I feel very lucky to have this coincide with the holiday. ?My last year's Christmas was a disaster which I didn't want to repeat. ?I'm also glad to read about everyone else's wonderful holidays. ?We got some really bad news over the holiday also, about the death of a friend, ?and I really had to reflect on how blessed I am to have a wonderful hubby, close family and good friends. ? Although I know this meno ride isn't over yet I hope this positive feeling will last a little longer (hmmm - guess till PMS sets in!! lol)I wish you all in the Power Surge community a Happy New Year - good luck to all with upcoming surgeries - I hope all goes well. ?Hugs((()))

#52 MrsUnderstood

MrsUnderstood

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:26 PM

Hi Everyone!      It's nice to see new names on this board.   The weeks around the holidays are very busy for me, but  January and February will be good times to catch up on rest when it is more inviting to stay inside.   I'd like to add my well wishes for everyone's upcoming surgeries.  Tex, we are thinking of you as your daughter's surgery gets closer.   Jennimarie, hope 2003 is a very healthy year for you and your husband.   I hadn't had a fullblown hotflash(just what I refer to as unexpected warm times) in months, but christmas eve wham as we were putting out the presents.  Then I got to thinking I was likely dehydrated so after downing a couple of glasses of cool water my thermastat went back to normal.  Sometimes I think the simplest things get me the most often.  LOL   I've been noticing on the boards that colds and flus are making the rounds.  Everyone take extra care  so even if a bug catches you it won't last long.          ~Helen
If it weren't for change,[br] we wouldn't have butterflies.

#53 Roxiebear

Roxiebear

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:56 PM

Thank you for the welcomes.  This seems like a wonderful group of women.  I am happy to be here.

i have been having having major problems with the night sweats-although they are not just at night.  The only thread I could find about it was the one with the problem between the thighs.  My problem is from head to toe.  Is there a thread about it that anyone knows about? I don't want to say much about it here, but I need to talk about it, so if anyone knows about a thread, I would appreciate it.

Christmas was stressful, and it involved some encounters which were not great.  My new husband and I are finding it sometimes difficult to blend families, but we are trying.

I appreciate being able to come here in the morning.  I definitely do not feel alone anymore.  Thank you ladies!

#54 Suzie

Suzie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:59 PM

Hi Roxiebear,It sounds like hot flashes to me. Check the board for hot flashes.Suzie
Suzie

#55 missruth

missruth

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 07:58 PM

Hi All, ?Hope everyone had a wonderful and also not to hectic Christmas. We need to keep it simple if possible. Why do we all go crazy for just one day? It is over so soon. ?I think I need to find another way to celebrate Christmas. Not trying to be a scrooge but seems there must be a better way. I really don't do to much so guess I should not complain. ? ? My husband and I went to my oldest son's house and my youngest son and wife were there also. They are expecting their first child in March. My third grandchild----a boy. We had a good time there and had a great meal. ? ? Greetings to all the new lovely women to this site. My best to all of you. ?Prayers go out for those who will be having surgery in the near future. ? ?
RUTH D.

#56 GG

GG

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the info. What a nice day !                          GG

#57 GG

GG

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 09:41 PM

WHOA! Don't know how my post got here but I was thanking Beth for the explanation of Boxing Day, then when I hit submit it went to a different spot.                    GG

#58 paulinep

paulinep

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 09:04 AM

Hi allWell its all over with for another year .hope you all had a nice christmas. Not to good here daughter (19) started to feel ill on christmas day by friday could not walk and was in terrible pain taken to hospital and admitted but she has a fear of hospitals so come home has a kidney infection still not looking good as she cannot stop being sick  so cannot keep antibiotics down so may end up back in hospital just of to chemist and see if i can get anything to stop her being sick. I also had a bad cough but hopefully all will be better for the new year.Take carePauline    

#59 missruth

missruth

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 11:01 AM

Pauline, ?So sorry your daughter is not feeling well. Hope you found something to help her. Has to be awful to be afraid of hospitals and then have to go there. ?I wish you all good health in the new year smile.gif
RUTH D.

#60 Gemini

Gemini

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 06:09 PM

Hope your daughter is feeling better now, Pauline.