• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Ga Girl

Ga Girl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 07:23 AM

I have been searching for the transcript about Thyroid and Menopause-- that of Dr. Blanchard. I was not able to be here for the chat and since I have a bad thyroid problem I have been trying to find that transcript. Am I looking in the wrong places? I would appreciate any help. Ga Girl

#62 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:24 AM

The transcript, along with the others, should be up in the Power Surge Guest Transcript Library soon. It takes quite a bit of cleaning up and html-code adding to get the transcripts ready for the web. Dearest has been spending a lot of time lately caring for her Mom, so this transcript may be taking a bit longer than usual. It should be up soon, though. smile.gif

#63 Ga Girl

Ga Girl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Mary. I will be on the lookout for it. I need to be armed with all the info I can on thyroid and menopausue--a double whammy! Ga Girl

#64 jimi

jimi

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:52 AM

nope - not in here either..............
jimibugs ~ (((hugs)))

life is what happens while you're busy making other plans...

#65 jimi

jimi

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:01 AM

anyone seen the edit button ?
jimibugs ~ (((hugs)))

life is what happens while you're busy making other plans...

#66 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

Originally posted by jimi
anyone seen the edit button ?

The "Edit" feature has been removed from the boards for a very simple reason. People would start or post in topics and if others disagreed with them, or they weren't happy with what they'd posted, they'd go in and delete it. That, alone, wouldn't be a problem if so many people hadn't responded - and by removing their post, it would make the entire thread sound disjointed and would result in confusion.

So, just use the "Preview Post" before posting and you don't have to worry about editing later. If, on the other hand, you've included something in the post like an E.mail address or phone number - something you don't want in the message, send me a personal message (PM) or E.mail me by clicking on icon at the bottom of any of my messages and I will remove what you want removed.

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#67 hebe2gebe

hebe2gebe

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:05 AM

Dearest~ What a pleasant surprise as I logged on tonight and heard a nice, mellow rendition of 'Winter Wonderland' and tiny little snowflakes falling down the screen. It really helped put me in the Christmas spirit. Thanks biggrin.gif

#68 marinemom99

marinemom99

Newbie Surgette

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 04:55 PM

hello everyone...i just found this site yesterday and all i can say is BRAVA!!!!! i have been having alot of numbness in my face, tongue, arm and intermittent pain on the left side of my chest. i have had this pain in my chest a few times a year for several years...but this numbness is new and making me crazy! i just had a physical and everything checks out good...all the basics are right in line. i have had a stress test (not lately) a few times and eveything is always OK..but still the weird pains and numbness. Anyway...yesterday i simply searched for face an tongue numbness and i found a link to a message thread about this...and here i am...i thought i was reading about myself...i have never been so happy to find this place!! maybe i am not going to keel over after all laugh.gif

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks...i know i have a lot to catch up on. I really didn't think i was having meno symptoms too bad...but now i know this is part of it...i feel so good today just knowing i have all of you to learn from. I am 52 and my last period was in October 2004.

warm hugs to all who have posted here that we can learn from!
debi

#69 julief

julief

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 05:18 PM

AND ....... WARM HUGS RIGHT BACK ATCHYA DEBI ...................

WELCOME TO PS

Julie x

#70 Critter074

Critter074

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:15 PM

Good Morning!

I'm new here (I introduced myself on the Introduction page) but I'm having a difficult time finding new posts. Are these message boards very active? I've read all the instructions (I thought) but I think maybe I might be doing something wrong. When I find something of interest, the post is 3 or 4 years old. There's a good chance I'm not doing this right but just wondered if maybe this message board isn't very active. Can anyone help?

Critter huh.gif

#71 joliejacq

joliejacq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:24 PM

Hi Critter,

Yes, the boards are VERY active! Just keep noodling around and you'll find us all over the place. You'll notice that the Forums Listing provides the time of the last post at the very right of the line.

Power-Surge is a busy place! Welcome!

Jacquie
The sky and sun are always there; it's the storms and clouds that come and go.
<br />- Pema Chodron

#72 Critter074

Critter074

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (joliejacq @ Mar 17 2005, 09:24 AM)
Hi Critter,

Yes, the boards are VERY active!  Just keep noodling around and you'll find us all over the place.  You'll notice that the Forums Listing provides the time of the last post at the very right of the line. 

Power-Surge is a busy place!  Welcome!
Jacquie

Thanks, Jacquie. I'll just keep nosin' around, then. Just wanted to make sure I was doing this right. I'm WELL into menopause and then some, but having a really rough time emotionally. Not even sure if it's menopause related, so was hoping I could find some answers her. Off I go to see what I can find.

Thanks, again. Critter tongue.gif

#73 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

If you click on the names on the right side of the page - like Dearest, the boards are great, it will take you to the posts that are new since you last were here. If you have your cookies set up, the board icons will change so you can see which ones have new posts since your last visit.

If you look at the top row with your name:
Logged in as: YourName ( Log Out ) ? My Controls ? View New Posts ? My Assistant ? 0 New Messages
you can click on View New Posts to get the new posts since your last visit, too.

Click on anything blue and underlined to see what happens. smile.gif

If you click on the board name on the left - like Miscellaneous it will take you to the oldest posts. There's nothing wrong with the old posts. Many of them have lots of info and support, too.

This board is very active with 17,296 members and over 78 thousand posts.

#74 Kleeo

Kleeo

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING I can hold an interest in these days! :)

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:32 PM

MaryO you are SO clever at explaining things! I wanted to leave a post to help this lady but every time I wrote something down and looked back at it? I figured for SURE I would confuse whoever read it! lol lol!!!

I ALSO want to add..............

THANK
YOU
DEAREST!!
MARYO!!
PAUL!!

For EVERY effort you put into this website for us gals! I appreciate each and every one of you SO MUCH!~
Just wanted you to know that you have helped me in so many ways - thank you for making this transition a little easier for me, and giving me the opportunity to meet SO many new and amazing friends!!

LOVE & HUGS,
Kleeo biggrin.gif
'Kleeo'

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
Charles M. Schulz

#75 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 18 March 2005 - 03:00 PM

When the board first went up, I put up a special topic for newcomers in the Welcome, Newcomers!" topic in The Basics Forum which is at the top of the board. The topic is - you can click here -- Welcome -- New Member Information. This explains a great deal about how the board works.

In addition, you can click on the yellow HELP link at the top of the boards. It's an excellent resource area where you'll find answers to your many questions about how the board works.

And, of course, there's always this topic, but I'd suggest first looking in those other areas to find answers biggrin.gif

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#76 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Violin, Music, Sports, and yes my favorite--God.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

I haven't been on these boards for few months. I just love your shiny new look with the custom avatars!