Dearest, the boards are great! )

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 17 February 2002 - 12:33 AM

Quote: from Grace on 6:47 pm on Feb. 8, 2002[br]Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I just noticed power-surge listed on iVillage as a site with info on menopause. The word is spreading on what a great site this is.

Congratulations Dearest!! ?smile.gif

Grace

Thanks, Grace. I didn't know Power Surge was honored by ivillage. That's really nice news :biggrin:

Dearest

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#32 Joline

Joline

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:My three wonderful daughters, hiking, biking, camping, X-Country skiing, anything that has to do with the outdoors....I'm a nature freak!!!!

Posted 18 February 2002 - 03:21 PM

This is just an idea........would anyone be interested in getting a picture board started?????  We could post pictures of ourselves, pets, or anything other picture one might want to send along.  Just a thought.
Joline

#33 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 22 February 2002 - 03:50 PM

Quote: from Joline on 2:21 pm on Feb. 18, 2002[br]This is just an idea........would anyone be interested in getting a picture board started????? ?We could post pictures of ourselves, pets, or anything other picture one might want to send along. ?Just a thought.
Interesting you should suggest that, Joline, because I've talked about doing this for quite some time, but time hasn't permitted it as yet. I think I'll start collecting pictures. I'll have to forego the pets, though. If your photo includes your pet, fine, but please don't send pictures of pets alone.

I'd like to create a gallery of the women (and men) who participate on the site. So, if anyone has a photo they'd like to include in the Power Surge Gallery, please be sure it's in .GIF or .JPG format and ?E.mail it to me by clicking here.

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#34 Sunlynn

Sunlynn

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 February 2002 - 03:38 PM

I am feeling lucky today. I am finally getting some time to slowly surf ?on my favorite Power-Surge site. I came to this thread and the music came on (surprising me ?W:wink:W.........my face broke in to a :biggrin: and I got my upper body strength work out today...dancing in my computer chair! Thanks friends...:cool:

#35 partythemestogo

partythemestogo

Newbie Surgette

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 03:41 AM

Quote: from Gab on 10:28 pm on May 13, 2001[br]Count me in too! ?I've got a couple friends perusing this web-site ?lately....

Thanks Dearest!! XONot sure how to respond to you all. help! ?Here we go!By the way....how many Dearest Beanie Babies have you gotten so far??? ?LOL ?I got mine last week.....she's adorable!

Board Administrator: Links to commercial websites are not permitted on these boards. Review the guidelines you agreed to when you registered.

#36 Gemini

Gemini

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 July 2002 - 06:16 AM

Hmmmm, seems this is some sort of advert!!

#37 Kalanie

Kalanie

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 02:10 AM

Uh uh uh, no no, no, party girl...  no advertising here...check the Terms of Service.  
Vickie
~~ ?When one door closes, another one opens?~~

#38 jimi

jimi

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 11:46 PM

Love that music. Sort of surprised me though, thought my player had a mind of it's own[like my hormones] Finding my way around sloooooooly. Enjoy everybody. Regards jimi

#39 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 10:44 AM

HI, Jimi smile.gif  Several of the posts here have music and/or pictures.  Consider yourself warned!

Glad you're finding your way around here.  Power Surge is a great place!

#40 onesister

onesister

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 01:04 AM

Dearest, just wanted to say a big thank you. As I've been reading lots of posts old and new I've been learning more about you as now and again you share some personal things. The whole website is fantastic a real life line. You put in such an effort. They say you can't please all of the people all of the time but I think you come pretty close here and sometimes its nice to be told what a great job you are doing so you're not taken for granted.:smile:

#41 virgomom

virgomom

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 10:23 AM

Dearest,

I don't know waht I would have done (seriously) if I hadn't found Power Surge.  I was so upset and despondent, I just sat down at the computer and tyoed in Menopause , or something like that, and up your site came.  When I found the message boards and you and all the lovely ladies here to help with a kind word, I felt like I was 'home'.

Even my sisters (we are all in our forties) have not had teh same experiences I have, but there is always someone here who has.  Thanks ever so much,

virgo

#42 HippieHeron

HippieHeron

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 01:26 PM

ohmy.gif I just couldn't believe my eyes this morning! I thought I was in the wrong place! Dearest, the new boards look great! biggrin.gif And the new smilies are cute! smile.gif Thanks for all your hard work!
Hugs and Peace to all, ? ?
HippieHeron (Ruth) ?:)
There are two escapes from the miseries of life: music and cats. - ALBERT SCHWIETZER

#43 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 02:54 PM

So glad you like them, HH. Go to the top of the board and "select avatars" - you'll have an image next to your name every time you post. Have fun and enjoy the board! Dearest

- Helen Keller

#44 MrsUnderstood

MrsUnderstood

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 03:07 PM

Dearest the new boards are awesome! You keep on amazing us. I'll be figuring out the new options for a while. You are amazing!biggrin.gif ~Helen
If it weren't for change,[br] we wouldn't have butterflies.

#45 joyous

joyous

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 04:59 PM

Wow! I'm just flabbergasted at the new boards! I didn't even know they were going to change. What a wonderful surprise! It's going to take me a little while to learn all the new ropes but I didn't want to wait to tell you thank you so much, Dearest, for all your hard work!

#46 Sparks

Sparks

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 07:08 PM

Dear Dearest, Thank you for the upgrade on the boards! They look far better and much cleaner, easier on the eyes! (I'm a designer and overly sensitive to these matters!). This site has helped me cultivate and maintain a positive attitude, rather than the sheer terror and confusion I was drowning in when afew months ago, I found it. Thanks again, your hard work is appreciated by so many;)

#47 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 08:34 PM

I'm sure that this was a LOT of work, but the boards look fantastic. Something new to learn all over again. Thanks for this, and all the hard work that you do, Dearest biggrin.gif

#48 debrikkia

debrikkia

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 02:39 PM

Ive all ready posted this elsewhere, but will say it again......the new boards are awesome. Now if I can just figure it all out! Like, what do the stars mean, and how are people getting those cute little icons on their posts? Guess I'll figure it out sooner or later. It looks great though!! Deb:D
Laughing is good exercise; it's like jogging on the inside.

#49 DesRothchild

DesRothchild

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 04:17 PM

I also love the new boards. And I love Mary's little Victorian girl. It is just the cutest thing.

#50 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 07:50 PM

Originally posted by debrikkia Ive all ready posted this elsewhere, but will say it again......the new boards are awesome.  Now if I can just figure it all out!  Like, what do the stars mean, and how are people getting those cute little icons on their posts?  Guess I'll figure it out sooner or later.  It looks great though!! Deb:D
Deb, the stars have to do with how many messages you've posted. You get the little images or "avatars" by clicking on "Select Avatars" on the menu at the top of every page smile.gif Dearest

- Helen Keller

#51 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 07:54 PM

Originally posted by DesRothchild I also love the new boards. And I love Mary's little Victorian girl. It is just the cutest thing.
Mary's Victorian girl is named Rosie-O because she liked it so much. It actually comes from the Power Surge Postcard Shoppe. Why not visit it and send someone a greeting. There are many nooks and crannies on Power Surge that many of you have never seen smile.gif Dearest

- Helen Keller

#52 Postbud

Postbud

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 07:14 PM

Dearest Thanks for all the work you put into this site. Just one question, how come the print got sooooo small? As I have aged and entered post meno the eyesight has worsened, when I came to Power Surge today , I thought whoa! how am I going to read this? Am I the only one that has problems with small print, is there a way for me to make it larger that I'm unaware of? Please do not take this as a complaint, it isn't meant that way, I have found such peace and have appreciated the love and compassion of every woman participating on this site, and I know none of it would be possible without all of your hard work. Thanks, Postbud

#53 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 08:27 PM

Just one question, how come the print got sooooo small?
For me, the font looks the same size as always. If you're using Internet Explorer, you can click on View (near the top, on the menu bar of Internet Explorer) , then text size, then change it to a larger font. I'm sure that other browsers have similar ways to make the fontsize larger or smaller.

#54 wildflower

wildflower

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:39 AM

The font looks the same to me too. If you're using netscape, click on view, then "text zoom" (this is netscape 7.0) then a series of percents will show, from 50% to 200%. Click on the ones higher than 100% until you get the size you want! This is the first time I've posted since they've been changed, and I notice so many options now! This is really state- of- the- art. Thank you, Dearest, for the change!

#55 Kleeo

Kleeo

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING I can hold an interest in these days! :)

Posted 16 October 2003 - 07:05 PM

Holy smokes, first time back for a while and LOOK at these boards! Dearest you never cease to amaze me....where you find the time girl is BEYOND me! Once again, thank you for EVERYTHING you do! Huggers!wink.gif
'Kleeo'

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
Charles M. Schulz

#56 Aunt B

Aunt B

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 06:54 PM

Hello everyone. I can't believe this is powersurge. Jeez I have not been here in so long. I feel like a stranger. All of these new people. Great!!!!!!!!!! Dearest really looking good girl. I M P R E S S I V E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ohmy.gif::cool: I have been just snooping around b/c I felt lonely today for some reason. Power Surge has always helped me in the past - so I came back. Hugs to everyone Beryl
Aunt B
Happiness is free.  Laughter reminds us how good it is to be alive.

#57 jimi

jimi

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:38 AM

Oh! Hi! Aunt B ~ Nice to see you tongue.gif
jimibugs ~ (((hugs)))

life is what happens while you're busy making other plans...

#58 darling

darling

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 06:44 PM

dearest thanking u ever so much for this site . it helps so much to vent on this board and learn at the same time. it is helping me to destress. Dearest again i say thanku thanku thanku and God bless you. You are such a sweetheart!!!!!tongue.gif:P:P:o:o:o:D darling
love that

#59 darling

darling

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:02 PM

I just can't thanku enough DEAREST-sooooooo I will keep on showing u how much i appreciate u by saying THANKU again and again. ----for the chance to post and post and post again. it gives me such joy. love ya much darling:P
love that

#60 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:22 PM

Originally posted by darling I just can't thanku enough DEAREST-sooooooo I will keep on showing u how much i appreciate u by saying THANKU again and again.  ----for the chance to post and post and post again. it gives me such joy. love ya much darling:P
Darling, if you haven't done so already, you can write a review of Power Surge by clicking here. It just takes a minute and you'll help spread the word even further around the internet! You're right - Power Surge is Tops!