Dearest, the boards are great! )

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Kleeo

Kleeo

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING I can hold an interest in these days! :)

Posted 02 May 2001 - 08:26 PM

Just wanted to personally pat you on the back, and thank you for all the efforts creating yet ANOTHER wonderful menopause board!!  HOW you find the time is beyond me!  Bless your heart and a JOB WELL DONE!  These are great...I love the personal info stuff and the homepage additions to the sig's!!  Thanks Lady!  HUGS!  Kleeo
'Kleeo'

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
Charles M. Schulz

#2 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 06 May 2001 - 04:09 PM

Dear, sweet Kleeo,

I didn't see this topic until now sad.gif ?I should be drawn and quartered, but I've been so busy trying to move this site to another server, I don't have enough time to read and post here lately. ?Anyway, thank you for your kind words (as always). So good to see you here.

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#3 UMassMom

UMassMom

Newbie Surgette

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2001 - 04:22 PM

Quote: from Kleeo on 8:26 pm on May 2, 2001[br]Just wanted to personally pat you on the back, and thank you for all the efforts creating yet ANOTHER wonderful menopause board!! ?HOW you find the time is beyond me! ?Bless your heart and a JOB WELL DONE! ?These are great...I love the personal info stuff and the homepage additions to the sig's!! ?Thanks Lady! ?HUGS! ?Kleeo

Boy, I sure agree with everything that you said, Kleeo!  This board, and the whole website, are just fantastic!  I don't know how Dearest does it, but I'm sure glad that she does.

Thanks from me, too!  :biggrin:

#4 Gab

Gab

Surgette

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2001 - 10:28 PM

Count me in too! ?I've got a couple friends perusing this web-site ?lately....

Thanks Dearest!! XO

By the way....how many Dearest Beanie Babies have you gotten so far??? ?LOL ?I got mine last week.....she's adorable!

Gaby ?^..^

#5 SylvryMoon

SylvryMoon

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 04 December 2001 - 01:35 PM

Dearest,I know this thread was started over 7 months ago, but I just wanted to say that I REALLY like the way you have reorganized the boards in the last few days.  I know that maintaining this website is a lot of work for you, but I am so grateful for it.  And these boards are a haven for me in this awful-terrible-wonderful-surprising time of my life.

Thank you for the re-organization - it makes so much sense.  You are truly amazing.

In the auto industry, we call it:  "continuous improvement."  And I didn't think there was a way to improve on something already so wonderful.  But you did.

Gratefully,

SylvryMoon

#6 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 06 December 2001 - 04:17 AM

Thanks to all of you. Gab, I have never gotten a "Dearest" beanie baby. I remember when people E.mailed me that they had come out with one with that name, but I have a feeling she's not going through menopause :biggrin:

Sylvry. That's a beautiful and very thoughtful note -- and very much appreciated.

I'm only too glad to know you're getting so much from Power Surge -- the site, the boards, the chats! That's what matters most. ?

Best, Dearest

- Helen Keller

#7 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 11:55 AM

Quote: from SylvryMoon on 12:35 pm on Dec. 4, 2001[br]Dearest,I know this thread was started over 7 months ago, but I just wanted to say that I REALLY like the way you have reorganized the boards in the last few days. ?I know that maintaining this website is a lot of work for you, but I am so grateful for it. ?And these boards are a haven for me in this awful-terrible-wonderful-surprising time of my life.

Thank you for the re-organization - it makes so much sense. ?You are truly amazing.

In the auto industry, we call it: ?"continuous improvement." ?And I didn't think there was a way to improve on something already so wonderful. ?But you did.

Gratefully,

I can't agree with you more, Sylvry. ?I'm always amazed at the things that Dearest comes up with - and thankful for them all.

As you may have noticed

#8 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 07:55 PM

"Women who have been with PS for a long time know that no thanks or celebration is complete without the Conga-Rats, so lets bring 'em on"

Hahaha! Those wonderful Conga-Rats! They've been around almost as long as PS has! When I see them, somehow I just know everything's going to be okay -- no matter what it is.

Thanks, my friend!

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#9 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 07 December 2001 - 05:42 PM

hi..didn't want anyone to think i was being rude last nite by just leaving abruptly from the chatroom..my screen kept freezing up..i kept pressing anywhere..booted off..took half an hr. to get back on..would get part way on..then out again...lol..by the time i finally got back in all of your were gone..hope i helped 3 ladies to get into the power surge area..as they are new..hopefully next week..my computer will behave..was getting tired of crawling under the desk to unplug and plug back in hehe..

#10 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 10:23 PM

Mary..just saw the dancing rats..as i love most all "rodentos"...they are adorable..

#11 sweetface

sweetface

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 December 2001 - 10:46 PM

Just had to post and tell you that those little Conga-Rats are great!!!!!! They make me SMILE!!!!!!!!!!Sweetface
The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart, head and hands.

#12 Irene Crites

Irene Crites

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 December 2001 - 10:02 PM

Dearest....I know we talk often and you know how I feel about you and Power Surge but I just wanted to publicly thank you for your on going committment to Power Surge and all of us who frequent the site. ?The newly organized boards are awesome but then everything you do for us is awesome. ?You are the best and God will continually bless you for your unfailing love and support for a population of women, faces unknown to you most often, ?that you have taken into your heart. ?I will be forever thankful that I found my way into your corner of the world as you are most definately one of those folks who makes the world a better place ?for everyone you touch. ?{{{{{{{{{{{Love}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Mary .....Thanks for the Congo Rats they are are riot.

Blessings and be well.

Love, light and peace.
Renie

#13 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 16 December 2001 - 06:44 PM

Irene, thanks so much. You've been a sincere participant and friend for many years, and the beautiful sentiments come, I know, from all those years you've shared with and benefitted from Power Surge. I appreciate them more than I can say.

Truth is, I've enjoyed building this community from scratch. I have a copy of the first Power Surge "home page" I ever put up on the Web. It's so amazing to see how it's grown both here and on America Online. I've enjoyed interacting with everyone -- as long as it's in an honest, open and caring way.

Again, thank you! I think Sylvry started something with her message up there after 7 months of no posts. I meant to close this topic as it was one of the first on the new boards, but it seems to have taken on a life of its own now and has become a nice out of the way niche for us. So, I guess it will stay open.

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#14 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 18 December 2001 - 03:48 PM

Dearest..did you just add music to the front page, in the past day?  Either that or my hearing was gone and just returned..either way..i think its great!!

#15 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 06:33 PM

and now we even have snowflakes!  How pretty, thankyou!!

#16 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 06:46 PM

Yup, added holiday music and snowflakes to the main page of the Web site. Helps to put us all in a holiday mood. I'm glad you like it :biggrin:

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#17 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 09:18 PM

Those snowflakes are terrific!   I love the music, too, but I think that the flakes are so cool no pun intended smile.gif

#18 Irene Crites

Irene Crites

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 10:48 PM

Dearest,   The snowflakes and music on the front page are great.  You are so clever.  Thanks.

blessings and be well.

Love, light and peace.
Renie

#19 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 01 January 2002 - 08:18 PM

I didn't know where to post this so i decided under miscel...i don't know if this is even possible..but ..regarding the 24/7 chatroom..when we enter to the front page..could there be a blinking something..saying people are in the open chat if anyone wants to go in there?  sometimes we feel spontaneous...

#20 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 02 January 2002 - 07:22 PM

Very nice. 3,468 members on these, the newest of many message boards! :biggrin:

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#21 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 02:30 PM

Wildflowers, it should look just like it does when you go in for the regular Wed weight chats or Thursday night chats.

#22 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 02:31 PM

Quote: from Dearest on 6:22 pm on Jan. 2, 2002[br]Very nice. 3,468 members on these boards! :biggrin:
Not anymore...3489 now!  Fantastic!!!!!!

#23 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 05:51 PM

MaryO..what i mean is..when people are informally chatting..instead of logging in to the chat. to see if anyone is in there...could we have a blinking something or another..such as on the front page..where the revival square is..on that page..when i go in there..the chat..no one is ever there..i don't know if thats possible..just an idea..

#24 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 06:15 PM

Wildflowers, you have to go into the chat room to see if anyone is there. There are no blinking lights. When you go into the chat area, you're automatically placed in the main Power Surge chat room, but if you click on the "Rooms" tab at the top of the chat area, you can see how many people are in which rooms.

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#25 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 January 2002 - 06:30 PM

Oh. LOL...i didn't click on the rooms...Thank you, Dearest...

#26 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 12:52 AM

I can't believe how fast the newest boards are growing! ?It's so wonderful that so many women are finding Power Surge smile.gif

#27 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 05:58 PM

MaryO says, "Not anymore...3,489 now! ?Fantastic!!!!!!" I can't believe how fast the newest boards are growing! ?

Mar. 19: 4,970, ?but who's counting :biggrin:

Dearest

- Helen Keller

#28 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 23 January 2002 - 08:41 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 missycat

missycat

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 January 2002 - 05:57 PM

ITS MISSYCAT IT HAS BEEN A DIFFFICULT DAY TO-DAY, MY MEDS ARE NOT WORKING, CRYING ALL DAY. LOVE ALL OF YOU WHAT A TIME. LOVE ALL THE LITTLE PICTURES, SO SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL

#30 Grace

Grace

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 February 2002 - 07:47 PM

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I just noticed power-surge listed on iVillage as a site with info on menopause. The word is spreading on what a great site this is.

Congratulations Dearest!! ?smile.gif

Grace