Having Board Problems?

• Please log in to reply
560 replies to this topic

#541 Sweetmaddy

Sweetmaddy

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:My dogs, my horses, antiques, history, herb garden, environment, woman's rights, art, needle work and reading.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (dogglvr @ Apr 18 2011, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everytime it says the server is not responding I slightly panic rolleyes.gif

me too, this site is such a good support for me, I would be lost without it.
May the rain wash away your worries. May the wind blow strength and courage in your direction. May the sun shine light on your path and be your guide.

#542 AnnaSpanna

AnnaSpanna

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Is it possible to upload our own choice of Avatar?
I admit I'm not a 'girly' type and I tend to use humour where I can. I have a 'Pinky and the Brain' piccie I'd like to use but there doesn't seem to be the option to include it.

I'd be quite happy to submit it for approval if there's any worry of posting an offensive image.

Thanks.

#543 angela923

angela923

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

I love pinky and the brain!

QUOTE (AnnaSpanna @ May 29 2011, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to upload our own choice of Avatar?
I admit I'm not a 'girly' type and I tend to use humour where I can. I have a 'Pinky and the Brain' piccie I'd like to use but there doesn't seem to be the option to include it.

I'd be quite happy to submit it for approval if there's any worry of posting an offensive image.

Thanks.

"He who has a why to live can bear almost any how".
Friedrich Nietzsche

#544 vjchef

vjchef

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Being Online :)

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hi,

The board went through a major change as you all know. Some of you might be having login issues, which could be due to cache and remember me settings, while you are in the board please check top right hand corner of the board index, it will show you your name if not, please sign in and you should not have any problems posting or navigating though the board.

thank you.

#545 M&M

M&M

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Showing an example of God's love to others by caring, listening and being friendly to all.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Dearest,
Hello and I hope you are doing well.
Please help. My user name is M&M however in the Chat room, it lists me as MampM.
There is a major problem that I can no longer log into the Chat Room. I really appreciate it if you
can solve this dilemma.
Thank you ever so much! M&M
LOVE IS THE ANSWER

#546 canadaking

canadaking

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

I had that same message a few times recently,nita and I know what you mean 'something you may have done' sounds a bit ominous, doesn't it?! style_emoticons/default/sad.gif I mailed them as it suggests, and the replies were a bit terse and unfriendly (well, I suppose I shouldn't have expected love and kisses or anything!) this was a bit off-putting, and when I tried again I got in no problem so didn't bother them again!

#547 Peri-winkle

Peri-winkle

Surgette

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

I have been having problems with the search feature not working. I type in a term while in a forum, click search, and the screen flashes and I'm back to the main forum page. I've also hit search while AT the main forum page, hit search, it blinks, then the search box is empty with no results. ??

#548 PuffinBlowin

PuffinBlowin

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Hi I'm a new member just joined today and don't seem to be able to set up/edit my profile? Just getting a message saying I don't have permission to do that and referring me to the help pages.

#549 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Puffin, you probably need to post a few more times before you can edit your profile.

#550 JMac

JMac

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

I am a newcomber and having an issue locating a topic or topics that I've stumbled upon in the past few days. I remember the name of the topic in one case and, in another case, I remember some of the words in the topic but I can't find it again! If I do a search at the top right of the site, it gives me several message boards but nothing to direct me to the previous topics I was interested in reading again. I'd like to see if anyone responded to what I wrote etc. Can you please tell me how to go to a specific topic? And, on this site, is a "message board" the same as a "forum?" Please reply to my email address as I don't think I'll find this again! Thank you!

#551 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Violin, Music, Sports, and yes my favorite--God.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Can't save board in my favorites. Tried three times and it still doesn't show in my starred favorites.

#552 catlady911

catlady911

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:46 PM

im new here and need help . cant seem to edit profile, i keep getting error #1026????

#553 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

Catlady, you might need to post a few times before you can edit your profile. I know it's like that on other boards I'm on.

#554 Jay-Sav

Jay-Sav

Senior Surgette

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Making memories with my family and the man in my life.<br /><br />I like weekend getaways near oceans or lakes.<br /><br />Bowling and Baseball. Menopause has sparked an interest in starting my own business, I am loosing the taste for working for others (what a surprise, lol)

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Please help, my screen goes 80% black when I click on a subject/topic on the board. Original page is fine. I love this site, it has helped me survive the troublesome years. Thank you for such a life line. Jerri
The ladder reaches as far as you need

A new rung is created with every step you take

Jay-Sav

#555 sunshine princess

sunshine princess

Surgette

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Filmmaking, writing, reading, travel, fitness, health, adventure, art, holistic living, pets, fashion, etc., etc., etc..

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

For some reason, all of the threads under "Recent Topics" are in a foreign language... are my settings off somewhere or is it a board issue?

Thanks,
SP

#556 Scotlandsgirl

Scotlandsgirl

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Reading, crafts, music, concerts, couponing......

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

I can also see those foreign language posts so its not just your computer SP.

Thanks!
Mary

#557 AmandaNC

AmandaNC

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hello,
I'm new to the Board and can't edit my profile. I keep getting an error message. Do you have to post a certain number of times before you can edit your profile? Thanks for any help.
Mandy

#558 menocholia

menocholia

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:crosswords, people watching, reading newspapers, magazines, I just plain reading anything I can.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

Yes you do.
Not sure how many but it isn't much.

Keep On Truckin'

#559 mari4

mari4

Surgette

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

When I try to go to my settings or profile I get an error message that won't let me make any changes. Does anyone have any ideas what I should do?

Thank you

#560 spazz/tanya

spazz/tanya

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • Interests:trashy novels,jigsaw puzzles,sock monkey's

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi mari4 , as a newbie you have to make a certain number of posts before you can edit your profile or use other features , just keep posting (I think it 10 to 15)

Glad to have you here at PS , Tanya :)

#561 mari4

mari4

Surgette

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

Tanya

Thank you.

Mari