• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

just posting a new problem i have.....each time i click on "view new content" i keep getting "Sorry, no new content found."

anyone have the same problem?

#32 iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:creating images in Paint Shop Pro, cross-stitch, reading murder mysteries.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

I've only had that happen when I've been on for a while then come back -- no new content since my last visit.

Hot Flashes are a way of life!

3B Digital Art

My Domestic Violence Blog

#33 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

We got it fixed. To the right of "Read New Content" on the menu, I noticed a symbol (kind of like a pear-shaped diamond). I suggested template click on that symbol - and on the next screen, to be sure to click on "Communities," and there's another link to read new content. That one worked for her.

Dearest :)

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#34 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:32 AM

We got it fixed. To the right of "Read New Content" on the menu, I noticed a symbol (kind of like a pear-shaped diamond). I suggested template click on that symbol - and on the next screen, to be sure to click on "Communities," and there's another link to read new content. That one worked for her.

Dearest :)

we did ...thanks dearest :)

now i have a new problem...........each time i go to type a message my text goes back to minimum size....i have to keep adjusting it manually.

#35 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

anyone know how to asjust this text?

#36 evie064

evie064

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 865 posts
  • Interests:Health and Fitness, Design, Writing, Having Fun!!!!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hi
How can I upload my photo? When I go into my profile and try to upload a jpeg pic it just keeps saying it failed. I tried to resize it, bigger, smaller but nope!!
Thank you!
Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need for my care.
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.
Maya Angelou

#37 iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:creating images in Paint Shop Pro, cross-stitch, reading murder mysteries.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

I've always had email notifications when posting a topic or when replying to a topic -- all of a sudden I'm not getting any.
Also, when I post a reply (using Quick Reply) -- once I hit the Post button, the page just sits there, it doesn't show that my reply went through until I refresh the page, then it shows that it was posted. Don't understand that?

Hot Flashes are a way of life!

3B Digital Art

My Domestic Violence Blog

#38 decks

decks

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for your help!

#39 Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Violin, Music, Sports, and yes my favorite--God.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Board bookmark won't save. I've tried bookmarking it now three time and the bookmark won't stick. My iPhone doesn't seen to have an issue.

#40 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

logging on the forum it tells me there is malicious software being installed......anyone know what that is all about here is a link

http://safebrowsing....topic=27454&hl=

#41 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

same thing as above today....malicious software

#42 wildflowers

wildflowers

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Template,

About a month ago (for a wk.) I kept getting the same message (and it gave a code..numbers of which I now forget). Would not let me get to power-surge at all. After a few days it would let me get to the main page, but not to the forums.

Finally, after a week (I checked everyday) I could get to the forums and noticed no threads that anyone was having problems, ((discussions as usual)or statements saying servers not connecting. So, I am figuring it was my laptop and norton anti virus being extremely sensitive (laptop is 4 months old).

did you run scans on your computer?

#43 lookingforrelief

lookingforrelief

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Test post...

have tried to post earlier, and am getting the same malware notice. I have a MacBook, so I don't have Norton Anti-Virus being sensitive.

#44 lookingforrelief

lookingforrelief

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

OK... so obviously I can post here, but when I tried to post earlier in the headache forum, my post wouldn't appear. Also, I cannot answer PMs.

#45 lookingforrelief

lookingforrelief

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Just tried to start another thread in the headache forum again, but it disappeared.

#46 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Dearest is working on fixing whatever issue this is.

#47 lookingforrelief

lookingforrelief

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks MaryO.

#48 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Template,

About a month ago (for a wk.) I kept getting the same message (and it gave a code..numbers of which I now forget). Would not let me get to power-surge at all. After a few days it would let me get to the main page, but not to the forums.

Finally, after a week (I checked everyday) I could get to the forums and noticed no threads that anyone was having problems, ((discussions as usual)or statements saying servers not connecting. So, I am figuring it was my laptop and norton anti virus being extremely sensitive (laptop is 4 months old).

did you run scans on your computer?

i don't have norton either...and it's still alerting me...never seen this before, what's weird is the scans were clean.... glad they are looking into it..

#49 Siaran

Siaran

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

Can't get into the forums from Google Chrome, tells me this is a site with malicious software. No problem getting in with Firefox.

#50 Brighid

Brighid

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Dogs & animal rescuing, online rpgs, anything esoteric, traveling, reading, art, holistic health.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Sent an email to the site admin the other day. The site's been marked as Malicious, and could have been hacked. When I tried to get in I got this message:

Posted Image

I've waited a couple of days and it didn't go away, nor did I get a response (probably due to Xmas time!) so I decided to brave it.

I hit "Why has this page been blocked" and was sent, here: http://safebrowsing....orums/index.php

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for www.power-surge.com/php/forums

Advisory provided byPosted Image

Then I bravely hit "Ignore this warning, and was sent here:

http://www.stopbadwa...orums/index.php

Posted Image

Wait! Please don't visit that site right now!

Google detected badware on the site you were visiting. Firefox uses Google's blacklist to warn you about "Reported attack sites." We understand that you may know and trust this site, but it's possible for good sites to be infected with badware without the site owners' knowledge or permission.

So you may wish to have the site checked out. Meanwhile, I'll run a virus and malware scan on my computer, now! lol
"Ernie, when I am eighty years old I shall marry myself a twenty year old boy, and let me tell you something Ernie - twenty goes into eighty a hell of a lot more than eighty goes into twenty." ~ Bette Middler

Posted Image Chocolate cures everything!

#51 Siaran

Siaran

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 934 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Yep, today firefox tried to keep me out. I came in anyway. I love living on the edge. LOL

#52 Brighid

Brighid

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Dogs & animal rescuing, online rpgs, anything esoteric, traveling, reading, art, holistic health.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Ran Malware bites and came out clean.
"Ernie, when I am eighty years old I shall marry myself a twenty year old boy, and let me tell you something Ernie - twenty goes into eighty a hell of a lot more than eighty goes into twenty." ~ Bette Middler

#53 Brighid

Brighid

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

... Malwarebytes. >.<

#54 Guest_Rusalka_*

Guest_Rusalka_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

I can't post anymore! What's going on??

#55 Guest_Rusalka_*

Guest_Rusalka_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

I'm getting a malware warnings all the time and when I wanted to post in a depression forum my post disappeared!

#56 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Dearest is working on fixing whatever issue this is.

Please be patient!

#57 Guest_Rusalka_*

Guest_Rusalka_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

#58 Guest_Rusalka_*

Guest_Rusalka_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Am I the only one who can't start a new topic? I saw that other ladies posts new topics, but I can only write a comment on the older topics.

#59 Guest_Rusalka_*

Guest_Rusalka_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'm trying all the time to start new topics, but they disappear! This is so very frustrating.. Any suggestion please?

#60 ahalverson

ahalverson

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Organic gardening, hiking and working out, prowling around interesting old junk stores for treasures, trips to the ocean...

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Anyone else unable to pull up 24 hour updates? I have my settings on "last 24 hours" / forums, but I keep getting bounced off the forum selection, and the thing keeps insisting on using the filter "just topics I started" (won't let me choose "forums").