• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:53 PM

it would not allow me to post it under the existing appropriate thread.

there is some sort of a problem the past 2 days in being able to access the board, blank page would come up....anyone else?

#2 Jan677

Jan677

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,007 posts
  • Interests:I love spending time with my family and friends. I love laughing...it truly is the best medicine. I am a HUGE fan of old/classic movies (30s/40s/50s) I love being around people sometimes but I gain peace and rebuild during quiet times. Something special about walking or just sitting on the beach taking in the sea air, watching the sea birds and wrapping myself in the sights and sounds of the waves coming ashore. I love a good glass of pinot noir, cabernet or merlot and the good food that goes with it. I love to travel and would dearly love to visit Tuscany one day. I hope to some day have grandchildren but not until my own children are ready for that! My children are everything to me...I wish for them happiness and just enough sadness to appreciate the good times. I hope someday my husband appreciates me for the woman I am, not for what he's lacking.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (template @ Dec 14 2010, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would not allow me to post it under the existing appropriate thread.

there is some sort of a problem the past 2 days in being able to access the board, blank page would come up....anyone else?

It happens once in awhile. The server must have gone down again so none of us could access the site until they got it back up. At least that's my understanding.

#3 Guest_EveningPrimrose_*

Guest_EveningPrimrose_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:15 AM

Sometimes the board is down for maintenance. No big deal

#4 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:58 PM

ok...thanks to all who responded.!

#5 into joy

into joy

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Former runner (prior to menopause!) Piano; art; interior design; remodeling and treasure hunting ..."one man's trash is another man's treasure". Number one on my bucket list is to write a book.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

I can not edit my profile. I keep getting error messages that I am not allowed to update a part or all ..... What am I doing wrong?
Lisa

#6 BeckyA

BeckyA

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Architecture and interior design, special needs education and advocacy, dog training

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

I dunno what the answer is, but I have the smae problem. Perhaps it is our browser? What browser do you use?

#7 spazz/tanya

spazz/tanya

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • Interests:trashy novels,jigsaw puzzles,sock monkey's

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

For the new Ladies :) You have to make a certain number of posts before being allowed to edit your profiles !! Just keep posting , it will happen... Not sure of the number(maybe 10 or 15 , again not sure)

Take care of you Tanya..........Welcome Ladies

#8 missie43

missie43

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

It wont let me chat. and I realllly need to. help? it keeps saying that the system administrator has already registered me.

#9 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Missie, I think that the chat is probably included in what Tanya said just before you.

#10 janey1

janey1

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

can't get into chat :(

#11 iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:creating images in Paint Shop Pro, cross-stitch, reading murder mysteries.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

See post #7 above yours. :)

Hot Flashes are a way of life!

3B Digital Art

My Domestic Violence Blog

#12 Tawanda

Tawanda

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Writing, painting,baking,bike riding,walking along beach,cross word puzzles,

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

can't get into chat. am i correct in understanding that one has to make several message comments in order to get into chat?
I am very confused...and frustrated.

#13 suzeeq

suzeeq

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Well, as you can see I have plenty of posts and I cannot get into chat either. I'm honestly not sure the chat option is engaged anymore. Hopefully someone with the answer will come along.

#14 menocholia

menocholia

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:crosswords, people watching, reading newspapers, magazines, I just plain reading anything I can.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Not sure if I'm where I should be, but......

How do I start my own blog?

Keep On Truckin'

#15 ahalverson

ahalverson

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  • Interests:Organic gardening, hiking and working out, prowling around interesting old junk stores for treasures, trips to the ocean...

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

Everything is loading really slowwwwwllllyyyy...... Wonder what's up.

#16 spazz/tanya

spazz/tanya

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

OK ??? Now when I try to Quote sometimes it works ,and sometimes it doesn't ??? :blink: Help...

#17 bikejen

bikejen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I have a question about the search function. how do you search for a topic and go all the way back to when Power Surge forum started? When I search, the results only go back a year or two. I tried putting in dates in the "date to from" area but it didn't seem to make any difference.
there is such a wealth of information on this forum; i want to be able to access all of it. :)
thanks,
jen

#18 bikejen

bikejen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hi, i don't know how to contact the administrator to ask about this. does anyone know?

I have a question about the search function. how do you search for a topic and go all the way back to when Power Surge forum started? When I search, the results only go back a year or two. I tried putting in dates in the "date to from" area but it didn't seem to make any difference.
there is such a wealth of information on this forum; i want to be able to access all of it. :)
thanks,
jen

#19 spazz/tanya

spazz/tanya

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

I'm with Jen !!! I have been having trouble also trying to do any searches..... Please helps guys :) I know it's a holiday weekend :D But there must be somebody out there in "ComputerLand" :P Tanya....Thanx

#20 XIII

XIII

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

I'm with Jen !!! I have been having trouble also trying to do any searches..... Please helps guys :) I know it's a holiday weekend :D But there must be somebody out there in &quot;ComputerLand&quot; :P Tanya....Thanx

It is quite simple and all depends on getting date search parameters correct. Both date boxes need to be accurate with the correct year and the date. So for instance you might want to search from 1st September 2002 to the present day. Before you perform the search both the start date for the search and the end date must be in situ. You also need to be operating in forum mode and ask for posts rather than a topic list. 🇬🇧

#21 spazz/tanya

spazz/tanya

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Thanx XIII , It is proving to be a little harder for some of us newer Ladies :huh: But you have simplified it for us :) Thank You again for the help :D
Especially on the weekend !!!

It is quite simple and all depends on getting date search parameters correct. Both date boxes need to be accurate with the correct year and the date. So for instance you might want to search from 1st September 2002 to the present day. Before you perform the search both the start date for the search and the end date must be in situ. You also need to be operating in forum mode and ask for posts rather than a topic list. ����

#22 template

template

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

the board is crawling at a snail pace.

#23 bikejen

bikejen

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

thank you XIII for the instruction. it is working for me now.

#24 XIII

XIII

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

thank you XIII for the instruction. it is working for me now.

Glad it helped. Working this new board can be 'tricky' at times.👻👻👻👻

#25 menocholia

menocholia

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:crosswords, people watching, reading newspapers, magazines, I just plain reading anything I can.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Apparently I cannot start a thread here, so I can only pose this question hoping someone will respond.
How do I start a blog?

Thanks

Keep On Truckin'

#26 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

It's under your name, top right, click on Manage Blogs Under Your Current Blogs is something to agree to before starting your new blog.

#27 menocholia

menocholia

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

It's under your name, top right, click on Manage Blogs Under Your Current Blogs is something to agree to before starting your new blog.

HI Mary
Umm, I clicked under my name (in the top right corner of main forum page) and it says nothing about blogs at all.
It just says to manage profiles/content/ etc etc.
Thanks for your help, BUt I am still lost, not computer savvy at all I'm afraid.

Keep On Truckin'

#28 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

Does this link work for you? http://www.power-sur...g&module=manage

#29 menocholia

menocholia

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

The link worked.
Again, Thank you so much.

Keep On Truckin'

#30 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Hooray! Glad I could help :)