• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LadyNRed1997

LadyNRed1997

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:45 AM

can someone tell me how to get my picture to appear on side like everyone else? i did add a .gif to my profile but it's not appearing when i make a post.
44 AND NO LONGER NEW TO PERI!
Nancy

#2 RoundRobin

RoundRobin

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:53 AM

You have to upload the picture. I think there is an "upload" link you click on. Wish I could help you more..and I'm dying to know what you look like!!!

#3 LadyNRed1997

LadyNRed1997

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (RoundRobin @ Nov 6 2008, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have to upload the picture. I think there is an "upload" link you click on. Wish I could help you more..and I'm dying to know what you look like!!!

how did you get your little gif to appear when you post?
Nancy

#4 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:54 AM

That's called an avatar.

Click on My Controls in the row that looks like this My Blog ? My Controls ? View New Posts ? My Assistant ? My Friends ? 0 New Messages

On the left side, under Personal Profile, click on Edit Avatar Settings

You can either Choose an avatar from one of our galleries OR Upload a new image from your computer. Click Update Avatar and you're dong.

#5 LadyNRed1997

LadyNRed1997

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (MaryO @ Nov 6 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's called an avatar.

Click on My Controls in the row that looks like this My Blog ? My Controls ? View New Posts ? My Assistant ? My Friends ? 0 New Messages

On the left side, under Personal Profile, click on Edit Avatar Settings

You can either Choose an avatar from one of our galleries OR Upload a new image from your computer. Click Update Avatar and you're dong.

thank you so much! it worked! couldn't find how to upload; but i'll play around with it. thanks again!
Nancy

#6 iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:creating images in Paint Shop Pro, cross-stitch, reading murder mysteries.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (MaryO @ Nov 6 2008, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's called an avatar.

MaryO, there is no option to upload. You have to choose from the gallery.
That's the only option my controls offer, anyway.

Hot Flashes are a way of life!

3B Digital Art

My Domestic Violence Blog

#7 moonlight

moonlight

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

How can i upload an image from my computer instead of using ones from the gallery?

*Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.* ~Leo Buscaglia~

#8 poteesh

poteesh

Junior Surgette

• Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

How do I know when my reply is answered? I also notice that most of the dates are 1-4 yrs old. Where is the current stuff? I guess I am sortof lost. I read when it told me to check upper left hand corner for a certain thing, my screen doesn't show that.

Can someone help..............
Sharon

#9 iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  • Interests:creating images in Paint Shop Pro, cross-stitch, reading murder mysteries.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (poteesh @ Nov 25 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do I know when my reply is answered? I also notice that most of the dates are 1-4 yrs old. Where is the current stuff? I guess I am sortof lost. I read when it told me to check upper left hand corner for a certain thing, my screen doesn't show that.

Can someone help..............

Make sure you're signed in then--at the top of the forums, you'll see a row of stuff (under the pharmacy Pharmacies ad)......My Controls, View New Posts, etc.
Click on View New Posts and you'll get all the latest posts brought up.
Make sure you're starting on this page first.......(save it to your Favorites to use)

http://www.power-sur...dex.php?act=idx

Hot Flashes are a way of life!

3B Digital Art

My Domestic Violence Blog

#10 moonlight

moonlight

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

how do i change the "last seen" setting to private on my profile?

*Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.* ~Leo Buscaglia~

#11 Kookybird

Kookybird

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Help! I can't send a personal message. I am registered but I get an error message. I can't find any advice on this in the Help section and don't see anyone to email. Can anyone help me with this or provide an email? Thank you much - great board!

#12 kittykat867

kittykat867

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

I keep getting errors that tell me I am not allowed to chat, edit my profile, etc.. I am new to this and suddenly am having lots of symptoms I don't understand. I would at least like to get on the chat and talk to people about this... My Anxiety is High today and feel like I am going to explode. I cannot seem to get anywhere.

#13 MaryO

MaryO

Super Surgette

• Admin
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:30 PM

I keep getting errors that tell me I am not allowed to chat, edit my profile, etc.. I am new to this and suddenly am having lots of symptoms I don't understand. I would at least like to get on the chat and talk to people about this... My Anxiety is High today and feel like I am going to explode. I cannot seem to get anywhere.

After you post more times, you'll be able to access these features.

#14 Christie Health Coach

Christie Health Coach

Surgette

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, walking, gardening, preparing delicious food, reading, boating, spending time with my family and friends (and my dog)

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Keep trying. It took me a while as well. You'll get it! :)

#15 Guest_micah1_*

Guest_micah1_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

I cant get pms to work right. I had 2 new ones tonight that i tried to reply to and when i did it said the conversation had been deleted. I didnt delete them.......

Also, when i went to the users profile and tried to send a new pm it wont lwt me, an error message comes up but is on the far left hand side of my screen and i cant even read it......

Help!!!!

Mi ah

#16 Guest_micah1_*

Guest_micah1_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Does the search function not work or is it just not ipad friendly

Micah

#17 into joy

into joy

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Former runner (prior to menopause!) Piano; art; interior design; remodeling and treasure hunting ..."one man's trash is another man's treasure". Number one on my bucket list is to write a book.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

So do I understand that there is a 'magical' number of times required to post before the 'enabler' fairy will allow a newbie to chat or edit profiles, etc??????? :huh:
Lisa

#18 BeckyA

BeckyA

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Architecture and interior design, special needs education and advocacy, dog training

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

"So do I understand that there is a 'magical' number of times required to post before the 'enabler' fairy will allow a newbie to chat or edit profiles, etc???????"

OK, is is me, or is that concept a little messed up? Proof of comittment or something? Hmmmm.....

#19 spazz/tanya

spazz/tanya

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • Interests:trashy novels,jigsaw puzzles,sock monkey's

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

For the New Ladies , Yes , You do need to post a certain number of times to be able to edit your profile :) It might be 10 or 15 ? Not sure but it will happen :) Power Surge is worth it ;) Keep posting.

Welcome Ladies Tanya

#20 janey1

janey1

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

can't get onto chat

#21 hmad

hmad

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sheesh, would have been nice to have the information up front about why you can't edit your profile, etc., immediately after you join. We have enough problems with rage, etc., without having to get further frustrated. I will stay, because I do like the site, but just sayin....

#22 hmad

hmad

Junior Surgette

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thank you Janet, I appreciate it. My rage surge has passed, I called my husband earlier to apologize for my outburst last night, and all is much better. TGIF - looking forward to a Friday night treat - one Ice Cold Martini! ^_^

#23 menocholia

menocholia

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:crosswords, people watching, reading newspapers, magazines, I just plain reading anything I can.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

Can someone tell me how to start a blog?
I have gone to the blog section, I have gone to my settings, my profile, I see nothing I can click to start my own blog here.
I have read the guidelines for blogging section, and it said something about "if your allowed to start your own blog" something to that effect anyway, so maybe I'm not allowed?
If so,why am I not allowed? and when will I be allowed?
Help

Keep On Truckin'

#24 dalek

dalek

Newbie Surgette

• Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hi, I just signed up, but it won't let me edit my profile or change my email address. :wacko: