Dell Notebook Lithium Batteries Recalled Due To FIRE HAZARD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dearest

Dearest

Founder, Administrator

• Admin
  • 7,065 posts
  • Interests:Obviously, I wasn't born in 1993, but Power Surge was! I created Power Surge in 1993 on AOL and it was formally introduced as an AOL community for women in Feb. 1994. My interests include writing, antiques, computers, the Internet, Web design, new technology. Politics (The West Wing was my all-time favorite show), music, especially jazz. Eclectic tastes. I'm concerned about the protection of our environment and natural resources. My passion -- Power Surge! Used to travel a great deal. Love artsy jewelry, sterling, turtle necks, art and good films. Fascinated with everything Native American/American Southwestern.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:50 PM

From The Dell Web site:

BATTERY RECALL

(From Dearest: If your notebook is listed here and is charging / plugged in, disconnect it immediately)

Dear Dell Customer,

Dell has identified a potential issue associated with certain batteries sold with Dell Latitude?, Inspiron?, XPS? and Dell Precision Mobile Workstation? notebook computers. In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and other regulatory agencies, Dell is voluntarily recalling certain Dell-branded batteries with cells manufactured by Sony and offering free replacements for these batteries. Under rare conditions, it is possible for these batteries to overheat, which could pose a risk of fire.

Potentially affected batteries were sold with the following models of Dell notebook computers or separately as secondary batteries:

Latitude: D410, D500, D505, D510, D520, D600, D610, D620, D800, D810
Inspiron: 500M, 510M, 600M, 700M, 710M, 6000, 6400, 8500, 8600, 9100, 9200, 9300, 9400, E1505 (mine), E1705
Precision: M20, M60, M70, M90
XPS: XPS, XPS Gen2, XPS M170, XPS M1710

Read more here:

Source: https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/Default.aspx?LN=en-US

Also, be sure to click on the link at the bottom of the article that says, How To Identify Your Recalled Battery Pack

Dearest

Dearest, Power Surge Founder
Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
http://www.power-surge.com
In Its 19th Year Online!!!

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what
miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."
- Helen Keller

#2 yepthatsme2

yepthatsme2

Super Surgette

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

Thanks, for posting this Dearest, my husband has one of these laptops.
He's taking his in to have the tech check the battery out.

Yep