This is the newest of numerous Power Surge message boards. The board is divided into individual subjects or Forums. We recommend you first look around, familiarize yourself with the new format and features. Select subjects of interest to you and post to your heart's content, but please read these guidelines before posting.
When you registered for these boards, the "default" was set to leave your E.mail address "private." We do so for your privacy and protection. However, if you chose to make your E.mail address public, you do so at your own discretion. Should you decide to make your E.mail address private, click on MY CONTROLS on the menu at the top of each screen and under Options select E.mail Settings.You can change the option to keep your E.mail address public or private. Should you desire to get in touch with someone whose E.mail is private, you can send them a Private Message or "PM" by clicking on "PM" at the bottom left (under their user name) of that person's posted messages.
Under NO circumstances will Power Surge EVER give out anyone's E.mail address or personal information. Please read Privacy Statement.
1) This is a public forum. Please conduct yourself in the same courteous, respectful manner you would in any public arena.
2) MESSAGES AND/OR MEMBER PROFILES LINKING TO COMMERCIAL, RELIGIOUS, E-COMMERCE, PORNOGRAPHIC, OTHER MENOPAUSE SITES AND/OR ANY OFFENSIVE SITES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY.
3) NO ADVERTISING. Messages advertising products, or linking to Web sites selling these products and services are not permitted - including other menopause sites. This means not only blatant advertising, but the advertising that seeks out women in need of help, endears them to the poster (seller) with their guarantees for success with a product. Beware of those asking you to E.mail them for more information.
4) Messages requesting participation in and information for books, newspaper, magazine articles, school papers, surveys or theses are not permitted.
5) Profanity and/or crude language are not permitted on the board, in insta-chat and in the blogs, nor are links to sites containing pornography or anything offensive. Anything deemed to be inappropriate or harmful for viewing by children will be removed from these boards immediately. There have often been children or young relatives of women going through menopause looking for information to better understand, or to find information for relatives who may not be on the Internet.
6) Please do not harass or attack other participants. Messages of a confrontational manner are not permitted and will be removed at the discretion of the Board Administrator. Continual harassment of any other member will result in the termination of your username. If you take issue with the nature or theory of a message, address the theory, but do not attack the person proposing the theory.
7) Multiple member names are not permitted use on these message boards. Masquerading as more than one person, or as a person of the opposite gender is strictly prohibited. User names with "Doctor," "Dr." or "M.D." are not permitted to post on this board. Unless Power Surge is associated with a doctor or other health care practitioner, we have no way of knowing if you actually are a doctor, who you are and/or what your medical credentials or beliefs are. Our health care practitioners can be found in Ask The Experts, in the Transcript Library, and in articles in the Educate Your Body area of the Web site. If you are a doctor who wishes to be associated with Power Surge, please contact us at this link. Thank you.
8) Those found to be harvesting E.mail addresses from these message boards for the purpose of selling products or sending out spam will have their account/username terminated immediately. Power Surge does not share E.mail addresses of our members with anyone. We do not sell or share your E.mail address or any information you provide during registration with anyone else.
9) This is not a religious site nor political site. This is a non-sectarian and non-partisan community. We are women from every ethnic background. This community respects everyone's personal beliefs; however, discussions about, references to and proselytizing (i.e., "Turn to God, he will heal you," "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen," etc.), about religion and links to religious sites are prohibited. The same holds true for political discussions.
10) Messages which do not comply with the Power Surge Message Board Guidelines will be removed at the discretion of the Board Administrator and members who disregard our guidelines may be banned from future participation without notice.
11) This message board can be read by anyone. It is also indexed by the various search engines. Avoid posting anything too personal, such as real name, address, telephone number, or anything you wouldn't want someone to read on the Internet.
12) When new members sign up for the message boards, they are automatically sent an E.mail validation letter from Power Surge. E.mail addresses must be validated, or the member won't have access to many features on the board including the inability to post. If the E.mail address they registered with is not a valid one, their username will be deleted.
13) It is strictly prohibited to reproduce or reprint copyright material -- articles, images (photos, avatars, icons), poetry, or any other copyrighted material from any Web site, newspaper, magazine, newsletter or any other written format. Any such reproductions will be removed by the board administrator. This constitutes copyright infringement.
15) It is strictly prohibited to reproduce or reprint any material found on Power Surge on another Web site, in any newsletters, newspapers, magazines, or any written format, or at any public menopause groups, seminars, meetings without the express permission of Power Surge. Doing so without permission constitutes copyright infringement and will be dealt with legally.
16) Men are welcome in Power Surge and may post messages and start topics in the forum created especially for them, Men, This One Is For You! Since this is a site for women, and many women have expressed their discomfort with men interjecting comments into their personal discussions as many of their discussions may be regarding very personal and intimate issues they don't openly choose to discuss with the men in their lives, or any men, please post only in the above forum. Since men can read anything on the board, if there's a forum discussing a particular subject you'd like to comment on, feel free to create a similar topic in the forum specifically created for men. Thank you.
17) If anyone takes exception to these guidelines, please do not discuss it on the boards or in insta-chat. Messages of such nature will be removed at the discretion of the board administrator. If you wish to comment on these guidelines, you can contact us through the contact page.
18) Power Surge reserves the right to edit or delete any message that violates the guidelines of this board.
If you have any questions about these guidelines or how these message boards work, first check out the HELP area at the top of every page. If you can't find an answer to your question, visit the Board/Site Info, Questions, Problems topic or Contact Us Here and INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME AND THE SPECIFIC NATURE OF YOUR PROBLEM.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you enjoy the Power Surge Message Board. For newsletters, guest transcripts, FAQ's, resources, polls, Ask The Experts and a whole host more, be sure to visit the entire Power Surge Web site.
To get back to the Main Board at any time, click on Power-Surge Forums on the menu at the top of each page.
We'd love to meet you, so do stop by and introduce yourself on our Welcome, Introduce Yourself topic.
This Web site and these boards are a haven for support and friendship. They are NOT for salespeople pushing products.
ADVERTISING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD, IN THE CHAT AREAS, IN THE BLOGS AND IN YOUR PROFILES/PERSONAL SIGNATURES.